Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Nut crashes stolen plane into IRS building in TX
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Nut crashes stolen plane into IRS building in TX  (Read 24177 times)

blackie

Re: Nut crashes stolen plane into IRS building in TX
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2010, 10:04:31 AM »

Then again, that doesn't matter anyway, because, once again, he's not collecting any taxes.
Is it OK for me to take out landlords?

Landlords are government property tax collectors, whether they like it or not.

Can I go after cashiers because they collect sales tax from me?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 11:37:37 AM by blackie »

ForumTroll

« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2010, 10:41:06 AM »

Oops, you left out a step.  He then votes against the whole package.  Then again, that doesn't matter anyway, because, once again, he's not collecting any taxes.

It doesn't matter that he votes against it.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2010, 12:43:49 AM »

Push people to a psychotic break and what do you expect will happen?  I expect more events like this will happen as more people are pushed over the edge.   Just because I understand the why does not mean I agree with the results.

The IRS paperwork and rules are so complex that I doubt anyone in the country is 100% in the clear from being maliciously prosecuted.  It is also a tool used to stamp out political decent.  The United States has plenty of political prisoners they just are not seen that way because of the complex network of laws, rules and regulations which makes everyone an outlaw.   

http://ohmygov.com/blogs/general_news/archive/2010/01/15/irs-commish-doesn-t-do-his-own-taxes-in-a-related-story-secretary-of-agriculture-doesn-t-live-on-a-farm.aspx

Now that is funny the head of the IRS has to hire someone to do his taxes because the tax code is too complex. :lol:

rookie

• THIS DESIGN IS A CLASSIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2010, 02:01:20 AM »

Oops, you left out a step.  He then votes against the whole package.  Then again, that doesn't matter anyway, because, once again, he's not collecting any taxes.

It doesn't matter that he votes against it.

why dont'the two of you just get a room?
Do yourself a favor.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2010, 03:24:35 AM »

Look, its pretty f--kin simple................. I'll explain it as if you are 10 yrs old

The taxpayers in his district pay a shitload of money to the federal govt......... the federal govt decides they want to spend that money....... RP votes against it (lets give it back to the people that paid it)............. the majority votes to pass the spending bill because they are not like RP, his vote lost,  so since it passed anyway, he might as well get some of that money back to the people in his district that paid it in the first place, and that is done through earmarks. Understand?

If you were a tax payer in his district, would you rather the federal govt take your money and spend it on studying the mating habits of earthworms somewhere in California 1000 miles away , or would you rather at least get some of it back to your town where the money came from in the first place? Sure, it would be better if they didnt take it from you at all, but since they do, would you rather just have a congressman that said "nah, let them spend our money somewhere else" ?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 03:31:49 AM by quickmike »
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2010, 03:30:40 AM »

Good explanation, quickmike.

Ron Paul makes tactical compromises (not ideological ones), and it's amazing how few of them he needed to make to make his presence in the U.S. Congress and the groundbreaking POTUS campaign(s) possible.  He tried being a zero-compromises libertarian before (ex. in 1988) - it didn't do an ounce of good.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2010, 03:42:42 AM »

WORD !!

ForumTroll

« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2010, 03:55:07 AM »

Look, its pretty f--kin simple................. I'll explain it as if you are 10 yrs old

The taxpayers in his district pay a shitload of money to the federal govt......... the federal govt decides they want to spend that money....... RP votes against it (lets give it back to the people that paid it)............. the majority votes to pass the spending bill because they are not like RP, his vote lost,  so since it passed anyway, he might as well get some of that money back to the people in his district that paid it in the first place, and that is done through earmarks. Understand?

If you were a tax payer in his district, would you rather the federal govt take your money and spend it on studying the mating habits of earthworms somewhere in California 1000 miles away , or would you rather at least get some of it back to your town where the money came from in the first place? Sure, it would be better if they didnt take it from you at all, but since they do, would you rather just have a congressman that said "nah, let them spend our money somewhere else" ?

So two wrongs make a right?

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2010, 09:52:33 AM »

Why is it wrong for him to request that the federal government give them their stolen money back?

ForumTroll

« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2010, 10:12:04 AM »

Why is it wrong for him to request that the federal government give them their stolen money back?

If it was simply issuing checks back to taxpayers, then that would be different. But that's not the case.

davann

« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2010, 11:30:10 AM »

FAIL

While they're actively using the violence of government to steal, they deserve what they get.

So Ron Paul deserves what he gets?

Absolutely.

Pilot_MKN

• Take to the Skies
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2010, 12:38:47 PM »

The taxpayers in his district pay a shitload of money to the federal govt......... the federal govt decides they want to spend that money....... RP votes against it (lets give it back to the people that paid it)............. the majority votes to pass the spending bill because they are not like RP, his vote lost,  so since it passed anyway, he might as well get some of that money back to the people in his district that paid it in the first place, and that is done through earmarks. Understand?

So two wrongs make a right?

No, but two Wrights made the airplane
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but two Wrights make the airplane"

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2010, 01:21:29 PM »

Then again, that doesn't matter anyway, because, once again, he's not collecting any taxes.
Is it OK for me to take out landlords?

Landlords are government property tax collectors, whether they like it or not.

Can I go after cashiers because they collect sales tax from me?

You seem confused (as usual.)  Landlords?  I've never had a landlord collect tax from me--they pay them though.  You mean employers, I presume...the one with guns to their heads, just as the guns to our heads.  Same with businesses collecting sales tax.

FAIL again.  Give up while you only look as stupid as you do.

blackie

« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2010, 01:35:59 PM »

just as the guns to our heads.
I've never had anyone put a gun to my head.

Riddler

« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2010, 01:51:58 PM »

Quote from: blackie link=topic=32624.msg589936#msg589936

IRS office workers are not combatants. They are civilians.

[/quote

not 100% civillian.
they work for an organization that will come after you w/ guns, if you refuse to pay them.
their employ involves threat of force....
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Nut crashes stolen plane into IRS building in TX

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.