Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Nut crashes stolen plane into IRS building in TX
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Nut crashes stolen plane into IRS building in TX  (Read 24164 times)

blackie

Re: Nut crashes stolen plane into IRS building in TX
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2010, 09:15:48 PM »

I read that two women showed up at the house before the fire department and went nuts, crying and such,  claiming ti was their house. This sounds like a first stab at making the guy look evil.
Flying a plane into a building on purpose makes you look evil.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2010, 11:16:03 PM »

I'm surprised it's taken so long.  I predict more violence--especially against the IRS.

I read that two women showed up at the house before the fire department and went nuts, crying and such,  claiming ti was their house. This sounds like a first stab at making the guy look evil.

Meh.  It would be evil if the building housed productive people who don't actively steal from others.

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2010, 11:16:57 PM »

If anyone wanting revenge against the IRS reads this, I respectfully request that you take care not to harm anyone - especially your own family. If you just take out an IRS building while no human beings are present then you will be better received. Also, try to stay alive so that you can go after another IRS building.

Besides, if they catch you alive then your money problems are over, as they will put you into a prison for the rest of your life.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This post was intended as tactless humor and should in no way be construed as advocating or soliciting acts against the IRS. It is highly unlikely that I would actually cheer until I was hoarse in the event of destruction of government offices.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

Skooma

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2010, 11:56:55 PM »

lawl pwned.

I wonder what regs the governments is going to cook up in response to this this time.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2010, 11:58:55 PM »

lawl pwned.

I wonder what regs the governments is going to cook up in response to this this time.

Everything described in your second sentence sort of negates everything you said in your first sentence.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2010, 12:17:15 AM »

Everything described in your second sentence sort of negates everything you said in your first sentence.

Too true.

:cry:

"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2010, 12:43:47 AM »

I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

davann

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2010, 11:01:07 AM »

I read that two women showed up at the house before the fire department and went nuts, crying and such,  claiming ti was their house. This sounds like a first stab at making the guy look evil.

Maybe. Maybe not. Depends on who is in the building. The dude was fucked with for 30+ years. Seems like a reasonable response to me. When you get messed with year and year out for 30 years by the IRS your opinion might change. The guy seemed to want to believe violence was not the way to go for many years. In the end, it was the only way for him to defend himself.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2010, 11:06:26 AM »

In the end, it was the only way for him to defend himself.

How in the name of Jupiter's BALLS did he defend himself?!?!?

He kinda died.

That isn't self defense. That is murder/suicide.

If he wanted to "defend" himself, he would have gone after all the specific IRS agents who harassed him, rather than thinking like a collectivist and attacking en masse people who did him no direct harm.

And you'd still be hard pressed to justify his behavior as sane or reasonable.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2010, 12:43:02 PM »

If he wanted to "defend" himself, he would have gone after all the specific IRS agents who harassed him, rather than thinking like a collectivist and attacking en masse people who did him no direct harm.

And you'd still be hard pressed to justify his behavior as sane or reasonable.

John, thats not entirely reasonable. The IRS is composed of a myriad of self-supporting parts.

I thought for a while that it wold be pretty cool to pay taxes next time with a sack of pennies. I would think that the first thing the taxman on the other end of the desk would say is "It wasn't my fault....."

My response is, then whose fault is it? You are just another cog in a wheel that charged me. If you are not "personally responsible" then who is? If its collective responsibility, then everyone is equally responsible.

I imagine thats what this guy was thinking.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

blackie

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2010, 12:50:46 PM »

The guy went nuts, and lashed out.

davann

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2010, 01:03:52 PM »

He kinda died.

Ah, but it is self defense. If a bully messes with a kid at school for years and the kid finally stands up to him knowing full well he is going to get his ass kicked the action of confronting the bully is self defense. That fact the kid will get hurt does not negate the self defense part.

As far as thinking collectively well that is the fault of governement schools. We all can move past that idea but not everyone can. In the end, it was the governments own indoctranation program that left this man with no other option.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2010, 01:08:40 PM »

I thought for a while that it wold be pretty cool to pay taxes next time with a sack of pennies. I would think that the first thing the taxman on the other end of the desk would say is "It wasn't my fault....."

LOLz...a sack of pennies launched by cannon, perhaps?

;-)

fatcat

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2010, 01:12:50 PM »

He kinda died.

Ah, but it is self defense. If a bully messes with a kid at school for years and the kid finally stands up to him knowing full well he is going to get his ass kicked the action of confronting the bully is self defense. That fact the kid will get hurt does not negate the self defense part.

As far as thinking collectively well that is the fault of governement schools. We all can move past that idea but not everyone can. In the end, it was the governments own indoctranation program that left this man with no other option.

Isn't collective thinking the problem?

Government isn't a person. There isn't any one person responsible for government.

The fact that the harm done by government is impersonal and diffuse, is not an excuse to react personally and specifically.

How far do you take it? Do you get to attack anyone who ever paid taxes (After all, they're helping the government operate).

Now you might draw the line at that, because people are paying under duress, but when you start talking about personal responsibility for the crimes of an amorphous super group like government, its extremely shaky ground to kill someone you've never met, someone whos never directly harmed you and call it self defense.

You'd have to be insanely sure of yourself to start killing random government employees. Emphasis on insanely.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2010, 01:44:47 PM »

Ah, but it is self defense. If a bully messes with a kid at school for years and the kid finally stands up to him knowing full well he is going to get his ass kicked the action of confronting the bully is self defense.

And if the kid goes to the bully's house and lights his house on fire, killing his sister and parents? I call bullshit.

Isn't collective thinking the problem?

Yes. Exactly my point. Thank you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Nut crashes stolen plane into IRS building in TX

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.