Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  No Smoking Sign
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Smoking Sign  (Read 11598 times)

Arsenic

• Your mom goes to college
  • I only do what Simon tells me to
    • View Profile
Re: No Smoking Sign
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2006, 09:38:05 PM »

I havent read this whole topic, so maybe someone has said this already.

But I say if you wanna give a middle finger to the state, don't put up any sign and let people smoke in your restaurant if you want too.

When the state comes to fine you, tell them it's your business and if you wanna let people smoke in it it's your own damn decision.
Give me Liberty....or a bran muffin - Colin Mochrie

MasterShake

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2006, 05:39:51 PM »

Jan 8th, the city of Bradley IL, part of the Kankakee IL metro area, willl vote on the proposed 'no smoking' ordinanace.  One possible positive is that bars are not included.

One huge minus (other than the nanny state fascism), is that the bitch who proposed the oridnance kept uttering stuff like "What about the children!"

The meeting is held at the Bradley Villiage HAll,Jan 8th, 6:30 PM CST.  I'm going to try to get a contingent of people to go.

Osborne

• Worshipful Grand Conspirator
    • View Profile
    • Sakal/CAI
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2006, 11:49:50 AM »

I havent read this whole topic, so maybe someone has said this already.

But I say if you wanna give a middle finger to the state, don't put up any sign and let people smoke in your restaurant if you want too.

When the state comes to fine you, tell them it's your business and if you wanna let people smoke in it it's your own damn decision.

There is an extent to which I would recommend this strategy to a restaurant owner, but they have made it too expensive. The fines are $2500 per day for extended disobedience.

Fortunately for me, I am not actually in a business where customers come into my building, so it's not like the ban is going to affect revenues directly. We will continue to smoke in the building, since there is security to keep health inspectors from coming in unannounced. We will have to put the sign outside, though, because they are also going to be fining for that as well.

fickenbaisage

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2006, 02:01:27 PM »

Kudos for actually trying to do something for liberty!

Do you have to hang it on the wall or something? Cos you can paste it on the floor!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 02:07:37 PM by fickenbaisage »

Arsenic

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2006, 02:24:16 PM »

I still wouldnt do it. I wouldnt pay the fines then take them to court and say that you own the business and have the right to let people smoke if you want too.

charlieo

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2007, 06:05:47 PM »

I believe your sign should be sort of like this.

The state requires me to have this sign:
[normal sign]
Please Ignore the sign.

Exactly what I was thinking. It's not rude, lewd, and crude like a middle finger, but still gets the message across. You could add "Because the government doesn't let me run my own business, I am required to have this sign..."

lordmetroid

• Agorist of the Libertarian Left
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2007, 09:45:48 AM »

It's not your business if it is a public corporation. By law they can regulate public corporations as it is an entity created by the state. If you want to do business as you want to do business. Then you can do business as a private person dealing in property(not FRNs) with invited people!

But as long as you insist on having the privelegies that a public corporation gives you. Than you will also have to follow all the rules and not just the ones you like. I don't like it. But breaking laws even if they are communist laws can not be done unpushied. However you don't need to follow these laws. They are voluntary laws. You can have a private business not founded upon the state. That way you will not have an income either and not need to pay income tax. But you can not do your business in FRNs.

Until we can get the state out of out business by abolition of the 14th amendement and the corporate form. There isn't much we individuals can do about it but refuse to do business with public corporations, small or big likewise, we ourself not doing business by public means and abolish regulations of public commerse on a local level. Those things we can do as individuals. But that doesn't change the fact that the corporation is an entity and subject under the state and the state can do whatever it feels like with it's subject.

To gain real freedom we need for declaration for the 14th Amendement to be unconstitutional. Removing the corporate form altoghether and once again only private business can be conducted as intended by the constitution.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 05:14:15 PM by lordmetroid »

Osborne

• View Profile
    • Sakal/CAI
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2007, 11:01:56 AM »

I appreciate your thoughts, Metroid. I concur that the concept of the corporation is by its nature corrupt. The problem is that you cannot engage in private "business" with anyone in this country over time without the government eventually executing you if they find out. How many stories do we read about little girls with their lemonade stands getting shut down.

Doug Stanhope has a hilarious and true clip on his website that goes something like this: "They say you give a man a fish, he eats for a day. If you teach a man to fish... then he has to get a fishing license, then he has to get himself put into the social security system..."

Osborne

• View Profile
    • Sakal/CAI
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2007, 04:16:37 PM »

Here's what I have so far, thanks to MasterShake.

Arsenic

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2007, 04:51:58 PM »

Oh I sense police brutality

Hittman

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2007, 05:38:24 PM »

MasterShake, I wanted to send that sign to a pro choice smokers newspaper, but it's not there any more.  Do you have it elsewhere on the web?

I know people who have tried that. 

They're all out of business. 

These rules are enforced by the health department.  Normally, they show up once a year and write you up for violations.  (There are so many rules it's not possible to be in compliance with them.)  Then they show up a week later, verify that you've corrected everything on your list, and vanish until next year. 

Unless you piss them off.  Then they'll be in your place every single day, usually during your busiest times, looking for gnat shit in the pepper.  They will ruin your business, and sooner or later (probably sooner) shut it down. 

And that goes double when they're on a holy jihad, like stopping smoking. 

I still wouldnt do it. I wouldnt pay the fines then take them to court and say that you own the business and have the right to let people smoke if you want too. 

Go for it.  Start a business, pour your heart and soul into it, invest more than you can afford in it, build it up, and then do that.  Let us know how it works out, OK? 

Puke

• Sarcasm Overlord
  • FTL Creative Team
  • Rock on!
    • View Profile
    • Dooms Day Device Photography
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2007, 02:45:27 PM »

You could make a sign that says
"Due to a fascist government regulation, I am required to place this sign here stating that my legally owned private business is not allowed to make the decision wether or not to allow smoking, despite my constitutional rights. Your house will be the next place the government will tell you that you can not smoke."
Dooms Day Device Photography = www.dooms-day-device.com
Iraq Veterans Against the War - www.ivaw.org

lordmetroid

• Agorist of the Libertarian Left
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2007, 04:47:50 PM »

I belive you don't need to put up a sign in your private business. But if you are running the business as a public corporation(an entity of the state and hence can be regulated by the state) you will have to put up a sign. A private business is not open for public commerse and you do business with only them who you invite and you do business in property exchange(FRNs and other valued papers such as Bonds and Stocks are the opposit of property).
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  No Smoking Sign

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.