Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  No skinny people or fatty haters allowed in here.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: No skinny people or fatty haters allowed in here.  (Read 12965 times)

BonerJoe

Re: No skinny people or fatty haters allowed in here.
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2010, 04:12:51 AM »

Why would meat be bad for your heart? It's what humans have evolved to derive energy from. It's the trans fats and polyunsaturated vegetable oils that really clog your arteries. Heart attacks barely existed until the introduction of margarine.

http://www.drcranton.com/nutrition/oiling.htm

Everyone should watch this if they have the time:

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/educational_and_howto/watch/v20011499p7GjN6Mf

miamiballoonguy

• Twisted Balloons For All Occasions
  • Have Balloons, Will Travel!
    • View Profile
    • The Miami Balloon Guy's Home Page
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2010, 11:55:08 AM »

WHAT???       No Mark's Lumathin??    :P

Seriously though, like dragline said, fish oil, green tea, red wine, anything with omega 3 oils and antioxidants allows you to eat more red meat without the exploding heart thingy going on. I'm "sorta" skinny but my triglycerides and other bad choloesteral levels were kinda high for a 40 yr old and the doc wanted to put me on some high $$$$ shit that I would always have to take. Instead I went the natural route and kept eating all the same high fat foods I always ate, but took the above stated stuff regularly. Next visit the levels were down and the doc said "have you changed your diet?" Told him what I was taking and he said "oh yeah, that works too"   WTF?

Eggs have high omega 3's.  Just eat them in moderation.
"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'

blackie

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2010, 01:04:58 PM »

Michael Pollan's advice "Eat food, not too much, mostly plants."

Probably the first two words are most important. "Eat food" means to eat real food -- vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and, yes, fish and meat -- and to avoid what Pollan calls "edible food-like substances."

Here's how:

1. Don't eat anything your great grandmother wouldn't recognize as food. "When you pick up that box of portable yogurt tubes, or eat something with 15 ingredients you can't pronounce, ask yourself, "What are those things doing there?" Pollan says.

2. Don’t eat anything with more than five ingredients, or ingredients you can't pronounce.

3. Stay out of the middle of the supermarket; shop on the perimeter of the store. Real food tends to be on the outer edge of the store near the loading docks, where it can be replaced with fresh foods when it goes bad.

4.  Don't eat anything that won't eventually rot. "There are exceptions -- honey -- but as a rule, things like Twinkies that never go bad aren't food," Pollan says.

5. It is not just what you eat but how you eat. "Always leave the table a little hungry," Pollan says. "Many cultures have rules that you stop eating before you are full. In Japan, they say eat until you are four-fifths full. Islamic culture has a similar rule, and in German culture they say, 'Tie off the sack before it's full.'"

6. Families traditionally ate together, around a table and not a TV, at regular meal times. It's a good tradition. Enjoy meals with the people you love. "Remember when eating between meals felt wrong?" Pollan asks.

7. Don't buy food where you buy your gasoline. In the U.S., 20% of food is eaten in the car.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2010, 01:39:44 PM »

Why would meat be bad for your heart? It's what humans have evolved to derive energy from. It's the trans fats and polyunsaturated vegetable oils that really clog your arteries. Heart attacks barely existed until the introduction of margarine.

http://www.drcranton.com/nutrition/oiling.htm

Everyone should watch this if they have the time:

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/educational_and_howto/watch/v20011499p7GjN6Mf

There's all kinds of conflicting shit out there, man. I dunno and I'm not worrying about it. You may be completely right but doc sez ease up.

S'not like I'm not eating meat. I'm just not using a low carb diet. Red meat costs more points than other meats and I like eating a lot of food, so I eat less.

Also, the doc told me not to eat the shit as much, so I'm not eating the shit as much.

I already just spent a year in a near vegan nightmare of suck, so at this point having one or two servings of red meat a week is a godsend.

This Weight Watchers thing is working and I'm not changing it. Been almost a week and I haven't had a single episode of feeling compelled to eat.

Yesterday I saved up my points and for dinner I got to eat:

FIVE Johnsonville Chili Cheese Sausages (They be big ones, not little links. Like two hot dogs each)

Baked potato

Cup of Mac und Cheese

Five slices of bread

Two packs of Pringles Stix

WW has been around forever, and I know two people who've lost 100+ pounds on it, and I already paid for three months of the web service, so that's what Imma do.

P.S. - Tried the Adkins and South Beach maybe ten years ago and it caused me to have massive heartburn all the time, which was a bummer. It also caused me to be ravenous for non meat all the time. Couldn't control myself. After a point I went out, bought a whole loaf of Wonderbread, and proceeded to moosh it up into four or five slice wads and eat the whole thing. Might be a great way to eat, but just not for me. Ratio of calories in to calories out may be what's best for me. I have no idea at this point, because it's only been a week. Maybe I'm totally wrong, but this is what I'm trying for now.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 02:31:11 PM by John Shaw »
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2010, 04:48:51 PM »

S'not like I'm not eating meat. I'm just not using a low carb diet. Red meat costs more points than other meats and I like eating a lot of food, so I eat less.

Also, the doc told me not to eat the shit as much, so I'm not eating the shit as much.

I already just spent a year in a near vegan nightmare of suck, so at this point having one or two servings of red meat a week is a godsend.

This Weight Watchers thing is working and I'm not changing it. Been almost a week and I haven't had a single episode of feeling compelled to eat.

P.S. - Tried the Adkins and South Beach maybe ten years ago and it caused me to have massive heartburn all the time, which was a bummer. It also caused me to be ravenous for non meat all the time. Couldn't control myself. After a point I went out, bought a whole loaf of Wonderbread, and proceeded to moosh it up into four or five slice wads and eat the whole thing. Might be a great way to eat, but just not for me. Ratio of calories in to calories out may be what's best for me. I have no idea at this point, because it's only been a week. Maybe I'm totally wrong, but this is what I'm trying for now.

I know people who have had great success with low carb dieting. My experience was a lot like yours. I didn't just crave carbs - I craved the lowest fiber, highest quantity of refined sugar carbs.

I didn't really read much on how to eliminate cravings with the low carb diets, other than to just get past them... which never happened for me.

I think you've picked the right option for you at the right time, Shaw. WW has already done all the figuring on how to take in fewer calories without triggering uncontrollable cravings for junk - seems like their mix of healthy food, controlled portions and occasional indulgences suits you.*

*Of course, if you go on a rampage in the countryside, attacking livestock to consume raw flesh, I will change my opinion.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2010, 12:23:52 AM »

I did Atkins before.  It worked well for me, except that I went vegetarian for six months afterwards. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

yamnuska

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2010, 04:48:13 AM »

Keep at it Mr. Shaw, WW has been around for a long time for a reason, they tend to work. Hope you stick with it and start to feel healthier. As I have lots of diabetic relatives the one sort of diet I stick to is the GI diet. I also avoid milk, it gives me zits and makes me bloated, I love the stuff but it plays havoc with me. A few years ago I went on a massive two week fast in which I gradually introduced foods, found out what was right for me, a low to medium PH food with low GI. Everything in moderation as well and when I go off the rails I go backcountry skiing for the weekend, going up and down mountains for 12 hours burns off a lot of steak. I'm not as active as Becky Homecky (Laetitia) but I try. You need to find someone who works for the goverment who will let you chase them around with an axe all day.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2010, 10:59:06 AM »

Keep at it Mr. Shaw, WW has been around for a long time for a reason, they tend to work. Hope you stick with it and start to feel healthier. As I have lots of diabetic relatives the one sort of diet I stick to is the GI diet. I also avoid milk, it gives me zits and makes me bloated, I love the stuff but it plays havoc with me. A few years ago I went on a massive two week fast in which I gradually introduced foods, found out what was right for me, a low to medium PH food with low GI. Everything in moderation as well and when I go off the rails I go backcountry skiing for the weekend, going up and down mountains for 12 hours burns off a lot of steak. I'm not as active as Becky Homecky (Laetitia) but I try. You need to find someone who works for the goverment who will let you chase them around with an axe all day.

you're funny!

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2010, 11:02:22 AM »

Personally, I have done well on Adkins or high protein types of diets.  My mother did better on WW.  It seems to be whatever works best for each individual person.  

I was wondering if anyone has tried the 6 week body make over thing.  It seems to construct a diet based on body types.  

There are many websites which help people maintain diet journals and activity journals.  Those can be useful in eliminating empty calories.

Riddler

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2010, 10:17:09 PM »

I'm not as active as Becky Homecky (Laetitia) but I try.

but, as was recently pointed out painfully, you also have the added baggage OF A COCK to carry around...so stop comparing yourself to women....
you should have a disclaimer attached to you.

yamnuska

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2010, 11:57:35 PM »

but, as was recently pointed out painfully, you also have the added baggage OF A COCK to carry around...so stop comparing yourself to women....

Stop being such a grump.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2010, 07:53:14 AM »

Joanna may compare herself to anyone she likes, though I'm not sure boring hausfrau is something to aspire to. If it bugs you Dragline, then you can stop comparing her to women.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2010, 08:20:48 AM »

Joanna may compare herself to anyone she likes, though I'm not sure boring hausfrau is something to aspire to. If it bugs you Dragline, then you can stop comparing her to women.

Laetitia is also one of the most active people on this BBS regardless of gender.

Anyway, nice work JS.  I'm glad you've found something that appears to be working for you.

Riddler

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2010, 08:23:48 AM »

well, sweetheart, her avatar shows what again?
not a fucking dude in coveralls, is it?

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2010, 09:51:44 AM »

Laetitia is also one of the most active people on this BBS regardless of gender.

Anyway, nice work JS.  I'm glad you've found something that appears to be working for you.

This.
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  No skinny people or fatty haters allowed in here.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 32 queries.