Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  No I.D. in N.H.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No I.D. in N.H.  (Read 2745 times)

Donnie Love

• America's Most Unwanted
    • View Profile
    • DonnieLove.com
No I.D. in N.H.
« on: July 15, 2010, 04:10:43 PM »

I have a question about a topic that I've never heard discussed. (If it has please direct me to where) I don't drive, so I don't have a driver's licence or any kind of government identification card other than a social security number. (Currently, I live with a relative and I'm self-employed, so I can get away with it.) I'm considering moving to New Hampshire, but I'm wondering if I'd have problems finding a place to live or a place to work with no I.D. How non-I.D.-friendly is New Hampshire, and will I need to get an I.D. to live there?

Stoker

Re: No I.D. in N.H.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 04:41:12 PM »

The "no ID" thing might be a problem, but the big question would be whether a guy who doesn't drive and dresses up like the Cat in the Hat  can find employment at all . My guess is that anybody that would hire a dude that walks in looking for work wearing a furry 2 foot tall  Uncle Sam hat and Elton John Sunglasses and hangs out in a Hollow Stump would probably be ok with you not having an ID.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 06:24:48 PM by Stoker »

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 09:12:10 PM »

How are you going to get to work?  Are you going to accept checks?  Get into bars?  Most states let you get a job with a Social Security Card and a Birth Certificate.  

I can't report from NH but from what I've seen I wouldn't count on showing up and immediately start working full time for cash only and make a living myself and that's what I currently do, here in MY community with MY reputation and relationships, you can't take that with you to NH.  If I thought it was wise I'd have done it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 09:16:43 PM by Ecolitan »

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 11:19:18 PM »

I this *really* the hill you wish to die on?

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 10:20:30 AM »

me?  I'm not so strategic in my thought process in any aspect of my life.  I never chose to stop filing taxes, I just had a boss that couldn't pay me so I quit and focused on my side jobs full time.  After realizing I hadn't paid taxes is several years and can likely do that indefinitely it's feels wrong to choose to start paying again.

The question I ask myself when I get to doubting if I'm doing the right thing: "How many Iraqi babies are you willing to kill to get a car with leather interior?".  That's what keeps me from going legit right here in OK where I could still be self-employed and rake in a considerable amount more money.

A move to NH and a real job would mean a pay cut and less free time, and a bigger government footprint.  That's not really worth abandoning ANY hill, but, sure, good a hill as any.  If you're gonna go around calling yourself a free-marketeer you might as well be doing it in the freest market possible, the black one.

Donnie Love

• View Profile
    • DonnieLove.com
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 09:59:35 AM »

I don't wear the hat to interviews. Just the glasses.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 10:05:26 AM »

If I were an employer, and I am occasionally, I would give him brownie points for showing up in a Cat-in-the-hat hat, but an American flag hat would be a serious minus.

Donnie Love

• View Profile
    • DonnieLove.com
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 10:08:08 AM »

I also have a big green leprechaun-type one.

Riddler

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 02:26:47 PM »

when can you start?

Alex Libman

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 06:45:35 PM »

I am gradually reaching the conclusion that secrecy can violate the Non-Aggression Principle.  The only alleged "positive rights" that make functional sense all contradict not the Right to Property in any long-term and material sense, but the alleged "right to secrecy / closedness" - a suspect's Right to a Fair Trial, a child's / prisoner's / mental patient's Right to Emancipation, the Right to Free Exit, the Right to Risk Assessment (which is essential for free market environmental regulation), and so on.  Why keep secrets?  Security through obscurity is a very bad policy.  Why not just "open source" whatever information the government is asking for?  Post your drivers' license / I.D. online for everyone to see!

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 01:38:27 PM »

I am gradually reaching the conclusion that secrecy can violate the Non-Aggression Principle.  The only alleged "positive rights" that make functional sense all contradict not the Right to Property in any long-term and material sense, but the alleged "right to secrecy / closedness" - a suspect's Right to a Fair Trial, a child's / prisoner's / mental patient's Right to Emancipation, the Right to Free Exit, the Right to Risk Assessment (which is essential for free market environmental regulation), and so on.  Why keep secrets?  Security through obscurity is a very bad policy.  Why not just "open source" whatever information the government is asking for?  Post your drivers' license / I.D. online for everyone to see!

You go first.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

atomiccat

• FTL AMPlifier
  • Anarchy will Reign when pigs fly... Look a pig!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2010, 01:46:36 PM »

Get a fake Drivers license, If you can't work for your self use a random SS number, or try to work under the table is possible, and live in a porc manor or with someone who is liberty oriented.

and if you get pulled over tell them you don't, have any I.D, and cant get any because you don't have a Birth certificate , nor a SS number. and give your self a new name to go by.

Anyway Eric whoru doesn't have any id and has a house and had his own business etc.

and here is his podcast
http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=27767&cmd=tc

Alex Libman

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2010, 04:17:04 PM »

You go first.

Have you ever observed me "not practicing what I preach"?

For every rake out there, Alex Libman must step on it first!   :lol:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  No I.D. in N.H.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 31 queries.