Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  NHArticleTen cowardly deletes most posts in his thread he doesn't agree with
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: NHArticleTen cowardly deletes most posts in his thread he doesn't agree with  (Read 8869 times)

avshae

Cool link, I loved this quote:
According to a 2006 report by the Association for Civil Rights in Israel, 92 per cent of employers breach the labour law.
That's the way a country should be, fuck labor laws.

Yeah, withholding social benefits from waiters by writing down as if they only worked one hour each day, firing women when they become pregnant, hiring through a temp agency where the agency cuts a 50% coupon, an in return the employer can calmly deny basic rights from the employee.

Is that what libertarianism is about?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 06:39:26 AM by avshae »

NHArticleTen

Cool link, I loved this quote:
According to a 2006 report by the Association for Civil Rights in Israel, 92 per cent of employers breach the labour law.
That's the way a country should be, fuck labor laws.

Yeah, withholding social benefits from waiters by writing down as if they only worked one hour each day, firing women when they become pregnant, hiring through a temp agency where the agency cuts a 50% coupon, an in return the employer can calmly deny basic rights from the employee.

Is that what libertarianism is about?

"social benefits"!?!?!
(oh...you mean gunpoint wealth redistribution)

"firing women when they become pregnant"!?!?!
(oh...you mean gunpoint interference between contractual parties...wtf...just WHERE would you draw the line there...hmmm...)

"hiring through a temp agency"!?!?!
(oh...you mean gunpoint interference in the free market of labor...hmmm....)

WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU COME FROM!?!?!

gunpoint gooberment=fail

Ghost of Alex Libman

You post is so full of holes I'm getting a hole in my head.

Are you sure you didn't have one to begin with?

Religious fanatics don't want to work.
Agree. Thats why we need the state to change it so they can't freeload anymore. They can study Torah on there own free time, just like any other recreational activity.

Calling something my opinion (which I later back with facts) or claiming that something can be changed does not constitute identifying a hole in my argument.

Smarter Jews want to move out.
Again, that is you opinion.

Backed by statistics as well as a lot of personal observation.  Natural selection is gradually taking place with the smartest Jews moving out of Israel (which takes determination) and mostly just the fanatics moving in (which is the path of least resistance for many).  Why would anyone choose Israel over America except irrational religious bull?

The land the "country" is built on isn't getting any less stolen.
It is no more stolen than England, the US, Peru, or practically any other modern country.

Those countries were not passed from one collective group to an other by a government that is still in power today.  The violation of property rights (i.e. whether the natives really did agree to give up land for trinkets) in those early cases is not documented, it is in the case of Israel.  There is a big difference between 1066 / 1492 and the twentieth century!

the "Palestinians", which btw is a concept invented no earlier than 1964.

So you don't get to have rights unless you self-identify as a part of a civilization that goes back at least 2500 years?  The Palestinians, as I see them, are not united by anything but circumstance.  If the United Nations had decided to give away Rockingham County, NH to the Native Americans or the Rwandan Tutsis, the people whose property would be stolen to facilitate that could be called the Rockinghamians.

Geographically they were supposed to be a bigger center of finance and trade than Singapore
Have you heard of the political situation in the Middle East?

Which Israel has created?

but look at their exports-per-capita numbers...
I'd say 28 in the world is not that bad, considering you know the little security inconveniences that arise from time to time.

Israel's "security inconveniences" are a net positive for its trade balance, which allows them to develop the most tyrannical Big Brother tech first and then sell it to other governments.  In light of all the unfair advantages Israel has, #28 is damn awful.  No other country of comparable size and per-capita GDP does worse!

28th is better than the US, better than Japan.

Of course it's better than the US, most of our trade is internal (i.e. between the states).  And Japan makes money from foreign investments (i.e. car manufacturing plants in other countries).  And little countries have an advantage in this statistic, especially those located at the cross-roads of multiple continents.  The comparison with Singapore is most valid.

Don't you have any more convincing data to base you anti-Israeli sentiments on?

I've already mentioned plenty to back up my original point, which was in defense of the following statement: "by definition if you are pro-israeli you must be statist-something".  In fact, Israel's percentage of far-left cretins is so high there might be a communist revolution in store once it begins to collapse!

And only a hand-full of first-world countries rank below Israel in terms of quality-of-life, or economic / press freedom.  None rank worse in the Failed States Index.  And we all know what the Global Peace Index has to say...

(out of time, will finish later)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 03:51:04 AM by the ghost of Alex Libman »

avshae

You're very selective with your choice of yardsticks, holding Israel to the highest standards by comparing it economically to Singapore (as if in the 21st century geographical location has any major effect on economy), while cutting slack for Japan with it's huge auto industry, just as an example.

Comparing states as if they were 100m sprinters does not show the whole picture, since in the case of states not every state started at the same start-line. Israel only exists for 61 years, and at the beginning of the century there was nothing but sand and swamps here, thanks in large to the so-called "Palestinian" nation. Israel has 20% Israeli Arabs, which are generally an economic burden. Israel has 25% orthodox Jews, which are also generally a burden, although there are many exceptions. Not to mention order of 3 millions Palestinians who for the most part live off of Israel's hand (PS I don't know what the meaning of a "Failed States Index" is if it is done on Israel together with the West-Bank and Gaza).

Furthermore, although it is clear to any realist that Israel is here to stay, still it took most of the Arabs states (order of 100mil ppl) half a century to realize that they are the chief losers from investing so much effort to destroy Israel (600K to a few million Jews). Therefore, Israel was and still is forced to spend between 35-55% of its annual budget on security (35% in recent years if my memory is correct). Compare that to 1-3% aid received from the US (which started only after 1967). Men do 3 years obligatory service, women 2. Most men also do around 20 days reserve duty a year. All these things have a ne negative effect on the economy. Think about a runner that came in fourth but did 150m instead of 100m, you'd still admit it is an extraordinary achievement.

And even if you still insist on sticking to artificial indices, Israel tops the region in most of them. Comparing to Singapore is meaningless, you should compare to Lebanon, Syria, Jordan. The fact that Israel, despite being located in a very harsh region, and despite its immensely inferior start both economically and militarily, is at least in the same league with comparable peaceful states in Europe such as Belgium, Ireland, The Netherlands, just shows how the greatness of Israel.

It sounds to me like you may have some personal grudge against Israel, like maybe you couldn't make it here and did make it in the US. Or maybe your conscience is bothering you for not making Aliya. I wish you success and prosperity wherever you may choose to live, and I suppose it's relatively safe for Jews to live in the US these days, but remember that Jews in other places around the world don't enjoy the same privileges. Israel is the only place they can count on when the shit hits the fan.

NHArticleTen

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile

Jews in other places around the world don't enjoy the same privileges. Israel is the only place they can count on when the shit hits the fan.

Yeah, Jews in Israel have all the privileges, while their Palestinian victims have no rights. That's why there's a constant stream of fecal matter blowing back at you guys from your own metaphorical air circulating device.
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile

Jews in other places around the world don't enjoy the same privileges. Israel is the only place they can count on when the shit hits the fan.

Yeah, Jews in Israel have all the privileges, while their Palestinian victims have no rights. That's why there's a constant stream of fecal matter blowing back at you guys from your own metaphorical air circulating device.
Fail.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile

Ok, numbnuts, Palistenians are people in a FOREIGN FUCKING COUNTRY for all intents and purposes. They have rights in Israel the same way Mexicans have rights in the USA. If you want to say that its terrible that Palistenians cant vote in Israel, remember that no nation lets foreigners to vote in their elections, or drive on their roads without licensing, or come into their country without border checks.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  NHArticleTen cowardly deletes most posts in his thread he doesn't agree with

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.