Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  New here
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: New here  (Read 10770 times)

alaric89

• View Profile
Re: New here
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2012, 08:02:58 AM »

If I had 5 kids I wouldn't function at all. I barely keep my cars on the road with three, and hell one of those is a adult. I am interested on how you aquired the means to privately do powder coating. I am really having rust issues and would love to just weld things up and have them fixed permanantly. If your interested can you put the conversation on the "tips" thread?
http://bbs.freetalklive.com/guns-drugs-and-crazy-independence-stuff/mad-max-off-the-grid-tips-n'-tricks/

floner

• View Profile
Re: New here
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2012, 02:29:52 PM »

If I had 5 kids I wouldn't function at all. I barely keep my cars on the road with three, and hell one of those is a adult. I am interested on how you aquired the means to privately do powder coating. I am really having rust issues and would love to just weld things up and have them fixed permanantly. If your interested can you put the conversation on the "tips" thread?
http://bbs.freetalklive.com/guns-drugs-and-crazy-independence-stuff/mad-max-off-the-grid-tips-n'-tricks/

My powdercoating days were stemmed from getting layed off at my job (avionics tech at an aircraft manufacturing company) I did a bunch of research, found out it was pretty simple to do, but also very messy. I was lucky and had a buddy give me an old kitchen oven, other than that I purchased the necessary hardware both locally and online. Powder is fairly cheap online and comes in a variety of colors and textures and the process i had to learn on my own. The biggest thing I had to learn was prep, cleaning and preparing the parts for the pain make a world of difference on a finished product.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  New here

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.