Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Need suggestions for my first gun.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Need suggestions for my first gun.  (Read 29423 times)

miamiballoonguy

• Twisted Balloons For All Occasions
  • Have Balloons, Will Travel!
    • View Profile
    • The Miami Balloon Guy's Home Page
Need suggestions for my first gun.
« on: December 12, 2008, 11:29:00 AM »

Hey guys, I am considering getting my first gun while I still can, including learning to shoot it and eventually get a conceal carry permit here in Florida.

I am looking at getting a revolver for starters, and eventually want to get the civilian version of the P90 (PS-90)(Stargate makes these guns look cool). 

FTL Gun people, what type of revolver would you recommend a gun Newbie should get?

Here is a photo of the ps-90..  now that's a cool looking gun.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 07:53:11 PM by miamiballoonguy »
"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Need suggestions for my first gun.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 11:31:51 AM »

Well, Shaw sold me on a 10/22 rifle for my first gun, and it's in the works right now, but that isn't a handgun. (I can't buy a handgun since I'm under 21.)

EDIT: spelling
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 12:11:47 PM by YixilTesiphon »
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

NHArticleTen

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 11:54:50 AM »

Hey guys, I am considering getting my first gun while I still can, including learning to shoot it and eventually get a conceal carry permit here in Florida.

I am looking at getting a revolver for starters, and eventually want to get the civilian version of the P90 (PS-90)(Stargate makes these guns look cool).  FTL Gun people, what type of revolver would you recommend a gun Newbie should get?

get something like a shrouded hammer .38cal "air-weight" type revolver(don't buy a smith unless you get a really good deal...they are overpriced)

Taurus makes some good ones...

you can carry these pretty much all the time...after all, you don't want to be at a gunfight...without a gun...

enjoy!

Porcupine_in_MA

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 12:37:00 PM »

Here's my suggestion. Don't shoot yourself with it.

miamiballoonguy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 12:43:32 PM »

I'll make a note of that.
"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'

sinceredagreat

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 12:53:54 PM »

I'll make a note of that.

Send a copy that note to Plaxico Burress.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 01:27:22 PM »

Get what I got for my first gun:

Ruger KGP-161
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 02:02:27 PM »

good choice.  That's what my G'ma keeps in her nightstand.  I don't mean that in a bad way.  Don't break into G'ma's house.

miamiballoonguy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 02:25:57 PM »

Get what I got for my first gun:

Ruger KGP-161

That's a nice one...

sinceredagreat

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 08:02:59 PM »

I am looking at getting a revolver for starters, and eventually want to get the civilian version of the P90 (PS-90)(Stargate makes these guns look cool). 

FTL Gun people, what type of revolver would you recommend a gun Newbie should get?

It's cooler on TV and video games than it is in real life. Not really accurate past 20 feet, and the muzzle velocity is too low for my taste. I personally don't go for all that wounding shit. I like my rounds to tumble and kill.

Tracer Tong

• neener neener neener
  • FTL AMPlifier
  • Mind your own business!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 08:07:28 PM »

It's cooler on TV and video games than it is in real life. Not really accurate past 20 feet, and the muzzle velocity is too low for my taste. I personally don't go for all that wounding shit. I like my rounds to tumble and kill.

At any rate, the horizontal magazine on the top is a neat trick, if they managed to make it reliable as well.

For revolvers, my first gun was a snub-nosed S&W .357 that I've always been happy with.
Good.  We begin to operate from a position of strength.
We will start manufacturing the swords and distributing them to our allies.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 03:08:37 PM »

If this gun was around when I got my first one, I would have gotten it. The Taurus Judge. It shoots 45 cal and also shoots 410 shotgun shells. Perfect for home protection.

Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

miamiballoonguy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2008, 06:29:29 PM »

If this gun was around when I got my first one, I would have gotten it. The Taurus Judge. It shoots 45 cal and also shoots 410 shotgun shells. Perfect for home protection.

shotgun shells?  geeeeze...   i was unaware...  but i like...

AntonLee

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2008, 06:36:40 PM »

I've been told it's not as powerful as you might think, good for close range I hear.  Gun experts trump whatever I say.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2008, 08:15:20 PM »

I dont know. Look at 1:42 of this video and ask yourself if you would want to get hit by this while breaking into someones house. :lol:

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jl-ZIo-Wztc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jl-ZIo-Wztc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Need suggestions for my first gun.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 32 queries.