Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  need intelagent liberty minded posts on a newsvine subject
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: need intelagent liberty minded posts on a newsvine subject  (Read 2535 times)

soliscjw

• this is my pride and joy her name is Kahlan
    • View Profile
    • Just my own webpage

i have been posting comments on a story about mom's who support legalization and have found that the drug war people seem to be the ones to use personal attacks less I have been trying (and yes on a couple of occasions failing) to post intelligent responses but seem to be out numbered by people who just want to make stupid pot jokes http://world-news.newsvine.com/_news/2010/05/08/4258230-legalize-pot-get-mom-onboard?r=1010201292&threadId=863042&commentId=14049783#c14049783  I also would not mind any advice on how I can make my arguments better. my screen name is the same there as it is here soliscjw

Bill Brasky

Re: need intelagent liberty minded posts on a newsvine subject
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 06:09:01 PM »

FIX YOUR FUCKING TYPOS.   

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 09:37:36 AM »

If I were you, I would thank all the pro-prohibition types on there for supporting the means for the drug dealers to make HUGE profits so they can buy their weapons and vehicles and power structure. With the end of prohibition, they wouldnt be able to make 1000% profit on something that grows out of the ground in just about any continent in the world. Yeah, I would thank them for supporting the dealers first and foremost.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 09:39:07 AM by quickmike »
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

rawsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 10:12:04 AM »

There are many things that should be prohibited if we did it all because people could hurt themselves on them. The government where I live, for instance, have banned the use of certain types of fireworks. Why? Because some idiots have been combining them with alcohol-intoxication and been injured. So much for the idea that people are wise enough to take care of themselves...
IMHO Cannabis is potentially dangerous to you, and you shouldn't be "fooling around" with it. However, that I don't want it, does not validate prohibiting others from doing what they want with their own bodies. And as long as the ones using these substances aren't bugging people around them, I see no reason why I should bother!
I hit the shower and it started screaming at me.

voodoo

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 10:39:23 AM »

intelagent

Typo, or Freudian slip?
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."  ~ Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.XVII, 1782. ME 2:222

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 11:12:53 AM »

There are many things that should be prohibited if we did it all because people could hurt themselves on them. The government where I live, for instance, have banned the use of certain types of fireworks. Why? Because some idiots have been combining them with alcohol-intoxication and been injured. So much for the idea that people are wise enough to take care of themselves...
IMHO Cannabis is potentially dangerous to you, and you shouldn't be "fooling around" with it. However, that I don't want it, does not validate prohibiting others from doing what they want with their own bodies. And as long as the ones using these substances aren't bugging people around them, I see no reason why I should bother!

In what was is Cannabis "potentially dangerous to you"?

intelagent

Typo, or Freudian slip?

Nice.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

The Green Bastard

• From Parts Unknown
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 11:40:00 PM »

I would recommend learning how to spell, use correct punctuation and form a grammatically correct sentence. People aren't going to take you seriously if they think they are speaking with an elementary school student.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 11:43:02 PM by The Green Bastard »

soliscjw

• this is my pride and joy her name is Kahlan
    • View Profile
    • Just my own webpage
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 01:36:51 AM »

intelagent

Typo, or Freudian slip?
spell check typo more than likely. I tend to rely on spell check since I am dyslexic 

The Green Bastard

• From Parts Unknown
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 10:42:08 AM »

whoops :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  need intelagent liberty minded posts on a newsvine subject

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 31 queries.