Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  NAZIs
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NAZIs  (Read 2893 times)

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
NAZIs
« on: April 20, 2011, 01:27:05 AM »

http://ganjavideo.com/Documentary/The.Nazis.A.Warning.From.History.S01

I figure that this deserves a separate thread. There are a lot of good points in this documentry, specifically ones that Ian and Mark will like.  They go into depth  about the people who observed, had knowledge of, or even participated in the otrocities. Two people in particular can be described as a busybody woman who ratted on her neighbor for being eccentric (and got her killed) and a guy who volunteered to be a part of shooting squads killing women & children and and feels no guilt about it to this day. Spoiler: the woman says yeah that was my signature and name causing the woman to be taken away, but I know nothing about the paper it is on  :evil:  Spoiler: the man feels no guilt for killing, or that he ratted out the names of his friends (who were killed) after the war so that rather be put to death he could serve a 20 year gulag sentence.  These videos brought new light to the events, I hadnt known some of the stuff and had believed some things which were incorrect.

Or, if you dont like Megavideo, complimentry Amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/Nazis-Warning-History-Samuel-West/dp/B00097DY66

How could a political party as fundamentally evil and overtly racist as the Nazis come to power? This remains one of the most enigmatic questions of the last century. Acclaimed historian Laurence Rees examines what led a cultured nation at the heart of Europe to commit the atrocities it did. In so doing, he exposes popular myths and encourages understanding of the real forces that led to one of the darkest chapters in modern history. Was it simply the hypnotic power of Hitler's rhetoric? Did the Gestapo really impose themselves by terror on an unwilling population? Through interviews with witnesses and perpetrators, along with archive film and records, this six-part series unveils a more chilling reality.

The part in bold above discusses whether it was the  police like Gestapo that cracked down upon the populace, or did they turn on their own neighbors.

An amazon review:

This six-part British documentary chronicles the rise and fall of Hitler and the Nazis, though far from just being the usual retelling of familiar historical events, it goes so much deeper. A lot of the pictures and film footage haven't been seen before, and many of the people interviewed were actual higher-ups in the Nazi Party or Wehrmacht, instead of just interviewing regular soldiers and civilians. Other people interviewed are those who lived under the Nazi occupation in Poland, the former Czechoslovakia, and Lithuania. A number of the very elderly Germans, as well as a Lithuanian who was a member of the Einsatzgruppen, are pretty matter-of-fact and unrepentant about what they did, even with so many decades of historical hindsight and knowing what we do now. There's also a lot of information that hasn't been brought to light before about many of the topics covered.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
Re: NAZIs
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 02:14:33 AM »

I believe what probably happened was that the Gestapo cracked the whip, just enough to get peoples attention, THEN the people, in order to save their own asses, did like all chameleons do. They changed their color to fit in. Most people will adopt the fucked up, heinous techniques of their oppressors in hopes of sending a signal to the oppressor that "Hey, I'm with you guys, dont hurt me man, cuz were on the same team buddy!! *nudge nudge, wink wink*.

A slave always hopes to get on the masters good side in hopes of promotion and to escape the whip at all costs. Everyone does this to some extent whether its taking a vicious tongue lashing from your boss, as opposed to just telling him to fuck off, or a business owner kissing the ass of a wealthy customer that he and everyone else around him knows is in the wrong.

People who look inside themselves and see this for what it is are less likely to be influenced by it when it rears its ugly head.

Thats always been the problem throughout history though hasn't it? People not willing to look inside themselves and see what they really are.

This is what we're dealing with everyday.

Anyway, enough of that bullshit............. bring in the clowns!!!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50OnwhyJRz4[/youtube]

Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 04:07:16 AM »

It wouldn't bother me so much if we had learned something from that awful time. Most haven't.
I always found clowns sexy.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 05:37:28 PM »

very entertaining and educational documentary..

However, it keeps trying (according to my Norton antivirus program) to install trojans on my comp.  Had to click a shit load off when they attempted!

Also, after 72 minutes I have to wait 30 minutes or upgrade....wtf?

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 06:46:43 PM »

Hey, its on youtube!  Thanks anachir

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wRAaCSXzDQ&feature=related[/youtube]

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 06:54:07 PM »

this is where the story gets pertinent:  starting about 7:00

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-oDHJ2aa1c&feature=related[/youtube]

Bill Brasky

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 11:52:50 PM »

Well, for every person who denied enjoying it, theres probably another who actually did enjoy it.  

People know, inherently, what is absolute wrongness.  Sure, there are people who straddle the fence, in the realm of lesser wrongness, who may not appreciate they're doing some heinous shit.  Some people are just plain fucking dumb, and go for the ride.  Like some cops who think they're doing the right thing.  Not the moral crusaders, and not the profoundly warped who trip on power.  The middle-of-the-road reetarts, who just believe everything their daddy believed and don't fuckin' know why.

But the truly fucking sick, thats a whole 'nother story.  We know we're not supposed to peel the skin off each other.  Everybody knows that.  But sometimes, war gives you a free ticket to dabble in the atrocities where we're not supposed to go.  Literally, like an earthly being, being delivered safely into hell, and chaperoned, to fuck around in all the delicious delights of perverse behavior.  And when they're done, no repercussions, just take your hat and go home.  The true sadists are very aware of the opportunity, and know very few humans have ever had the "privilege" of being allowed to do these things.  

And when you build a whole civilization on that, even for a few short years, sickness becomes very banal, ordinary.  Those murderous cut-throats get to walk among us, and brag of their deeds.  It tempts the urges of the unacquainted, and the whole civilizations primal temperature rises a notch or two.  They say Berlin, during the war, was absolute debauchery.  Prims became whorish, and gentlemen loutish and lewd.  Fights were more deadly, and willing to go further than two men normally would.  

I knew a guy, just a few years ago, who was a pretty decent guy, respectful of God and Country.  Worked hard, and treated people right.  He'd make a good neighbor, if you could overlook the bozo shit, and just wave across the yard.  

His son went to Afghan on some kind of Special Ops detail, and had a bunch of clearances his father wasn't supposed to discuss.  Good to his word, the dad didn't pass along much, other than the part I just mentioned, Special Ops.  

One day he told me, when the kid got there fresh, they hazed him by putting an Afghani's hands on his keyboard, severed at the wrists.  As a joke.

He told me this smiling, because I was interested in the news of the MidEast situation, but didn't really broadcast my deeper feelings, he assumed I was all HooRah.  The part that disturbed me was not actually the hands.  People at war do fucked up shit, and I would assume they were taken from a corpse.  The part that disturbed me was the pride.  

If I was in that fathers situation, switch places magically, I would need to go talk to a psychiatrist if I felt anything like pride, and I've never spoken to a psychiatrist (voluntarily) in all my life.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 11:54:56 PM by Drifter »

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 12:05:32 AM »

very entertaining and educational documentary..

However, it keeps trying (according to my Norton antivirus program) to install trojans on my comp.  Had to click a shit load off when they attempted!

Also, after 72 minutes I have to wait 30 minutes or upgrade....wtf?

Sorry, I share the upgraded version with my girlfriend.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 12:10:11 AM »

this is where the story gets pertinent:  starting about 7:00

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-oDHJ2aa1c&feature=related[/youtube]

Exactly what I was thinking about. It was the people as a whole, not just the government that were going fucked up in their actions.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 09:35:39 AM »

Enablers of evil always bothered me more then pure evil. Enablers never seem to regret or understand what they even are and there are a lot of them.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 11:30:25 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  NAZIs

// ]]>

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 31 queries.