Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Muslims slaughter a bunch of christians (mostly women & children)What a Shocker
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Muslims slaughter a bunch of christians (mostly women & children)What a Shocker  (Read 32340 times)

blackie

Which parts of the site are propaganda?
All of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda
Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position.

This is the same sort of situation you find with stormfront.
lol, stormfront

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile

Ha!

Could that definition be any more broad?

A list of events, the majority of which are likely true, of violent human tragedy. If someone still needs some "influence" to decide how they feel about these things.. then yep.. I guess that there stuff is simple propaganda.

Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile

Hellbilly buddy, you know stormfront is a bunch of racist nuts.  That said, a broken clock is right twice a day.

Try going on there and saying "Jews are okay people, I know and associate with many of them on a daily basis".  

Whatever... I know you're good folk and I don't think your a racist or a bigot, but just don't forget to keep your head on straight when browsing storm front.  

To be honest I go on there for laughs.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile

Hellbilly buddy, you know stormfront is a bunch of racist nuts.  That said, a broken clock is right twice a day.

Try going on there and saying "Jews are okay people, I know and associate with many of them on a daily basis".  

Whatever... I know you're good folk and I don't think your a racist or a bigot, but just don't forget to keep your head on straight when browsing storm front.  

To be honest I go on there for laughs.

Nah..I think you may have misread whatever I wrote.. I've only been to stormfront a half dozen times or so, most of those just as a result of clicking a link. What I took from the first visit was all I needed- that it basically comes down to the members there having an in-house "I Am Whiter Than You, I Am More Racially Pure Than You." contest. That and "Onward Christian-Anglo Soldiers.", "Hitler Was Awesome." etc. I'll pass on that stuff.

The point was that because no one talks freely about the extremely valid topic of violent black folk, the only places you'll find it being freely discussed is on sites like stormfront. That suits most people just fine, as they prefer to avoid those pesky details in favor of preserving their fantasy that they reside in a Rainbow Colored Happyland. So, moderately concerned people may 1) get sucked in to the whole White Supremacy movement, or 2)they may be made to feel so ashamed due to peer pressure that they go all ballzout and deny that the problem exists. Either outcome does nothing to solve the problem.

Be frank about all this shit, find a way to get it sorted. Or, hide the pesky details and keep pretending that there's nothing to be concerned about.. (meanwhile innocent people will continue to be blown to bits, and crime from ghetto shitheads will continue to take the lives of people both in and outside the ghettos.. but at least we were polite enough not to discuss those things!).

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

blackie

Someone help me with the "you might be a racist if..." jokes.

davann

The point was that because no one talks freely about the extremely valid topic of violent black folk, the only places you'll find it being freely discussed is on sites like stormfront. That suits most people just fine, as they prefer to avoid those pesky details in favor of preserving their fantasy that they reside in a Rainbow Colored Happyland. So, moderately concerned people may 1) get sucked in to the whole White Supremacy movement, or 2)they may be made to feel so ashamed due to peer pressure that they go all ballzout and deny that the problem exists. Either outcome does nothing to solve the problem.

Be frank about all this shit, find a way to get it sorted. Or, hide the pesky details and keep pretending that there's nothing to be concerned about.. (meanwhile innocent people will continue to be blown to bits, and crime from ghetto shitheads will continue to take the lives of people both in and outside the ghettos.. but at least we were polite enough not to discuss those things!).

I am not under any illusion that I live in Rainbow Colored Happyland. In fact, I know firsthand the tendency toward violence by certain minority members of larger ethnic groups. But I also know it isn’t worth sweat'n. Filling yourself up with hate of a particular group will eat you up from the inside out. It would be extremely easy for me to slide back into that kind of life and that is exactly what I fight against every day. It is a rabbit hole. A rabbit hole that is extremely difficult to get out of once you find yourself in it.
To obsess that this group or that group tends to do such and such is one more step into the hole. Do yourselves and favor and start digging out of that hole because eventually it will own you. Start looking at the individuals that make up the group you are hating on. Once you look ‘em in the eye you will find they are very much like you. This does not mean the really bad ones are going to go away. They will always be there in the group surrounded by a shit load of average normal people just like you.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile

That's almost entirely reasonable.

I have never met anyone who hates any particular group in whole. I don't and haven't read anyone say they do in this thread, so as far as I can tell no one has slipped into any hole.

If you're encountering enough people of that opinion to fight against it everyday, then there must be some major issues in your area.

blackie:
You might be racist if.. you deny that black folks in particular aren't dealing with a certain brand of violence within ghetto communities daily... doled out to them by other black folks.

...you intentionally dodge frank discussions about violent cultural tendencies so as not to be offensive.

...you think it's up to other, perceptibly more noble and advanced people, to sort out the problems for those brown people who are lesser equipped to correct the problems that prevent them from living ordinary lives.

blackie

Jokes are supposed to be funny.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile

Those are funny.

blackie

I think you may be having another low blood sugar event.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile

Someone help me with the "you might be a racist if..." jokes.

"You might be a racist if you start a thread titled, "Muslims slaughter a bunch of Christians (mostly women & children)  What a shocker."

Hellbilly must not have been reading the same thread the author of this one has consistently made claims that the entire faith of Islam is violent and murderous. 

My point is you can not lay that on an entire faith.  There are many places with violence and many different faiths and types of people are responsible for violent acts.  You can not blame all Catholics for the proxy bombings or other violent acts perpetrated by Catholic IRA members.  Many may even side with IRA saying they are freedom fighters attempting to remove invaders from their country or brush off the violence as having been going on for hundreds of years.  And because they are culturally similar enough to us that we don't even blame all Irish Catholics for the violence of the IRA.   We are more likely to make those distinctions regarding IRA violence.  However, when it comes to Islamic violence no such consideration is given.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile

the religion of peace at work, once again...
dumb christians worshipping the wrong god....

JOS, Nigeria – Rioters armed with machetes slaughtered more than 200 people overnight Sunday as religious violence flared anew between Christians and Muslims in central Nigeria, witnesses said. Hundreds of people fled their homes, fearing reprisal attacks.

The bodies of the dead — including many women and children — lined dusty streets in three mostly Christian villages south of the regional capital of Jos, local journalists and a civil rights group said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100307/ap_on_re_af/af_nigeria_violence

That's the initial post in the thread.

It doesn't say that all followers of the religion of peace are guilty, but it does lay blame at the "religion of peace" and I'd have to agree that is probably the cause. Nigeria is majority Muslim, the Christians were slaughtered.. I'd say this is more than just a case of bad neighbors.

Why don't we just ask dragline how he feels about it? That might put a rest to the accusation that he thinks 100% of Muslims are evil killers.

Your comment about the IRA bombers proves that your logic functions just like mine does. You are able to identify a specific group of people within a religion who are known for violence. You are able to name the group without any feelings of guilt. Is this because the IRA doesn't have that hip "underdog" status? Is it easier to call out that violent group by name because is isn't socially taboo? Is it easier to do so because that group isn't "brown people" ?

Speaking of "brown people".. did all of you white people ask those "brown people" if it was OK to call them that? tsk tsk.. collectivisk.

Riddler

i'll weigh in, hb.

no, i don't claim ALL MUSLIMS ARE EVIL.

BUUUTTTT:
the PREDOMINANCE of terroristic activities of late (pick a year....could we start w/ 1979?) are perpetrated by MUSLIMS.
there most certainly is a disturbing trend at work here, apart from the occasional lady-jew bomber, or mafia ''don'' hit, or timmy mcveigh, unabomber, abortion-clinic killers, which are so far apart, as not to be a concern for anyone in particular.

the examples provided by davann & liblover to counterpoint my examples, pale in comparison to the worldwide madness that has infected the islamic faith.

they are the ones w/ their heads stuck down the ''rabbit hole'', as to be so obtuse to the facts swirling around them.

Riddler

"You might be a racist if you start a thread titled, "Muslims slaughter a bunch of Christians (mostly women & children)  What a shocker."

suck my big red-neck cock, bitch.
you've lowered your rebuttal quality exponentially, as you've run out of argument.....
(so i indulged myself w/ same)

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day

I expect that when I check the papas tomorrow, I'll read a couple of stories about some radical Muslims killing a bunch of non-Muslims somewhere in the world. I have been reading these headlines for as long as I can read. I remember very well when I was a child in the Sixties reading about Muslims blowing up busses filled with women an children in Israel.

Hell, for some of these people, murder is practically a sacrament.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Muslims slaughter a bunch of christians (mostly women & children)What a Shocker

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.