Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Muslims slaughter a bunch of christians (mostly women & children)What a Shocker
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Muslims slaughter a bunch of christians (mostly women & children)What a Shocker  (Read 32389 times)

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile

http://www.rememberthesechildren.org/remember2009.html

That's fucking disturbing.. this is the news that should make headlines, to show how idiotic the whole affair is between the people on each side there.

At the same time, I have a real problem sorting it out in my head.. how exactly do people expect wars to be fought in "friendly" ways? A show on NPR that I listened to recently had a guy going on about how drones really are the best means to conduct a war properly in Iraq. Basically he'd said that this was preferable to mass bombings since drones can be more efficient killing machines in that they can zero in on a certain mark.

I dunno.. either you are at war, or you aren't. Go eliminate your enemies, or don't.. why put forth such an effort to play nice, to put a friendly face on war, when ultimately your goal is to slaughter the other guy.. decade after decade of the same squabbles between the same people in the same regions. Blood, blood, blood.

Although it can't be skewed as being "nice", I think I actually prefer the Roman style of war, where the losing side is eliminated entirely- even to the point that rivers were diverted to erase any sign of the existence of the former enemy. That sort of war might end up having people work out their differences quickly and peacefully.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day

At the same time, I have a real problem sorting it out in my head.. how exactly do people expect wars to be fought in "friendly" ways?

Maybe paint smiley faces on the bombs. Or, have one plane drop bombs, and the next drop fliers that say "Sorry!"
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile

Although it can't be skewed as being "nice", I think I actually prefer the Roman style of war, where the losing side is eliminated entirely- even to the point that rivers were diverted to erase any sign of the existence of the former enemy. That sort of war might end up having people work out their differences quickly and peacefully.

Where did you get that was the Roman style of war?  If it was then there wouldn't be any Jews, Christians or Muslims.  The Romans would take over setup local puppets like Harrod in Israel and Cleopatra in Eygpt and extract tribute as well as slaves.  They did not go in and kill an entire race of people.  That sort of warfare is part of the atrocities documented in the Bible and attributed to early Israelites as sanctioned by God. 

DT 2:33-34 The Israelites utterly destroy the men, women, and children of Sihon.

DT 3:6 The Israelites utterly destroy the men, women, and children of Og.

DT 7:2 The Lord commands the Israelites to "utterly destroy" and shown "no mercy" to those whom he gives them for defeat.

DT 20:16 "In the cities of the nations the Lord is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes."

JS 6:21-27 With the Lord's approval, Joshua destroys the city of Jericho men, women, and children with the edge of the sword.

JS 10:40 (A summary statement.) "So Joshua defeated the whole land ...; he left none remaining, but destroyed all that breathed, as the Lord God of Israel commanded."

blackie

Besides being wrong about the Roman style of war as LL pointed out, is it safe to say you admire Hitler for the way he handled the Jews and other "undesirables"?

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile

Not sure where I came across the idea that it was Roman, something I read a long time ago. I've been wrong plenty of times though. What I'd read was that the Romans.. I guess.. would wipe out the people, livestock, pets.. everything, and then attempt to eliminate any sign of the former enemy. Dunno.

Sorry blackie, I don't admire Hitler in any way.

I guess it's nicer to kill thousands over a period of decades rather than kill the same amount or less all at once.

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile

The Romans did use the style of warfare a few times, but they did also install puppet governments as well. 
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

blackie

Hitler must have been good at a few things. I never looked into it. He was pretty good at public speaking.

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
  • People cannot be coerced into freedom.
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin

Hitler must have been good at a few things. I never looked into it. He was pretty good at public speaking.

I've been killing people ever since I was this tall....
User generated content + bitcoin = http://witcoin.com

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day

While the name Hitler is denounced by virtually every person, most will accept the dictator's tactics if given a pretty name. "Americanism" comes to mind.

Riddler

blackie

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/957356.html

Study: Palestinian suicide bombers 'not mentally unstable'

TORONTO - In an extensive study of Palestinian suicide bombings, three University of Toronto researchers have concluded that the bombers were not psychologically unstable and were often motivated by personal vengeance, not religious zeal.

The study was carried out by political sociologist Robert Brym, with the assistance of two Ph.d students, Palestinian Bader Araj and Israeli Yael Maoz-Shai.

Writing in the academic journal Social Forces, Brym noted, "The organizers of suicide attacks don't want to jeopardize their missions by recruiting unreliable people. It may be that some psychologically unstable people want to become suicide bombers, but insurgent organizations strongly prefer their cannons fixed."

He also found that the suicide bombers did not experience extraordinary high levels of economic deprivation.

Furthermore, in his study published in Contexts, Brym concluded that a majority of bombers, like Palestinian female lawyer, Hanadi Tayseer Jaradat, 29, who killed 21 civilians in a 2003 bombing at Maxim restaurant in Haifa, were "motivated by the desire for revenge and retaliation."

Jaradat acted to avenge the killings of her brother, an Islamic Jihad militant, and cousin by Israeli security forces.

Brym concluded, "In its origins and at its core, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is not religiously inspired, and suicide bombing, despite its frequent religious trappings, is fundamentally the expression of a territorial dispute." Brym and Araj identified the organizational affiliation of 133 out of 138 suicide bombers between September 2000 and July 2005. Sixty-four per cent were affiliated with Islamic fundamentalists groups such as Hamas and Islamic Jihad, while the rest were aligned with secular groups such as Fatah.

In analyzing data pertaining to Israeli counterterrorist operations, Brym said "we do know that of the nearly 600 suicide missions launched in Israel and its occupied territories between 2000 and 2005, fewer than 25 percent succeeded in reaching their target. Israeli counterterrorist efforts thwarted three-quarters of them using violent means."

However, his study found that harsh repression can intensify bombings and prompt bombers to devise more lethal methods to achieve their aims.

"In general, severe repression can work for a while, but a sufficiently determined mass opposition will always be able to design new tactics to surmount new obstacles. One kind of 'success,' usually breeds another kind of 'failure' if the motivation of insurgents is high." In an interview, Brym said: "I'm no fan of Hamas, but I believe that Israel and Hamas at some point have to sit and negotiate."

In a paper to be published in Studies in Conflict on Terrorism this year, Araj concludes that harsh state repression "should not be perceived only as a reaction to suicide bombing" but "often precedes and is a major cause of suicide bombing."

Riddler

yap-yap-yap
it ALL boils down to (territory-induced or not)
koran vs. torah vs. bible
same thing in iraq.....(various ''sects'' killing more of their own countrymen/women/children than the big-bad u.s. military)
cuz they pray on a different mat., or at the wrong azimuth, time-of-day...pick a fucking number....

once again:
oh, the sunnis hate the shiites, hate the kurds;
oh, your mother was a jackal, i will kill you, then i'll hack you,
oh, the sunnis hate the shiites, hate the kurds

alltogether now

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day

It's a culture of violence. They're brought up to hate. Everything they don't like becomes  some sort of jihad. The soup comes cold from the kitchen, and suddenly it's a jihad against the chef!

Or, perhaps it's too much strong coffee coupled with a ban on alcohol. Mellow out a little, for all our sakes!

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile

yap-yap-yap
it ALL boils down to (territory-induced or not)
koran vs. torah vs. bible
same thing in iraq.....(various ''sects'' killing more of their own countrymen/women/children than the big-bad u.s. military)
cuz they pray on a different mat., or at the wrong azimuth, time-of-day...pick a fucking number....

once again:
oh, your mother was a jackal, i will kill you, then i'll hack you,
oh, the sunnis hate the shiites, hate the kurds

alltogether now

Most Israelis and PLO backing Palestinians are secular.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Muslims slaughter a bunch of christians (mostly women & children)What a Shocker

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 31 queries.