Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Momma Ally's Beat-Down
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Momma Ally's Beat-Down  (Read 13403 times)

alaric89

Re: Momma Ally's Beat-Down
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2010, 02:47:15 PM »

Do you think Ron Paul would win if he ran for president in 2012?

If he won the Republican nomination and the US still has a body count mounting in Iraq and Afghanistan, sure. He'd live about a week, so a last kiss to my own ass is imminent.  :shock:

What does Dr. Paul have to do with Mama Ally?

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2010, 04:03:37 PM »

How about a follow-up call to Mama to see if she got the footage?
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

BonerJoe

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2010, 04:06:41 PM »

How about a follow-up call to Mama to see if she got the footage?

People don't realize what they miss when they don't have a Facebook account.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2010, 04:09:14 PM »

I have one but don't log on often.

What's the scoop?

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2010, 12:25:20 AM »

I have one but don't log on often.

What's the scoop?

Mama Ally was certainly assaulted, but the video is very weak/shakey/etc. It would have been better if someone else had the camera.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2010, 06:44:12 PM »

On the show she'd said a local business was going to hand over whatever footage they had on the following Monday. I thin it was a gas station or something.

I logged in to FB and checked the Savannah Biscuit page but didn't notice any major update.

BonerJoe

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2010, 06:57:46 PM »

Ohhh, that footage. No, didn't see anything yet.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 08:56:53 AM »

I think this is where the FSP comes in.  I'm not foolish enough to think that the FSP is going to change anything by itself, and I don't think inside the system stuff does any good.

Join us.  If it doesn't work here, it may never work anywhere in the future, either.  This is the last best hope for liberty in the world as far as is known.  I can think of no more noble cause in the history of the world than moving to NH and getting involved in positive pro-liberty change.  If someone cannot move, they should seriously considering giving as much of their money as possible on a reoccurring basis.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 03:24:43 PM »

And ....as I understand it Keene has Mama Ally as well. I ain't there yet either. Will NH be a cradle for liberty, or is simply a sanctuary for liberty lovers with no where else to go. Mama Allys story is important for our little history but I wish her arrival had a bit less drama. I work with stainless steel, I would be honered to trade out some kitchen mods for takeout someday.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 04:02:50 PM »

And ....as I understand it Keene has Mama Ally as well. I ain't there yet either. Will NH be a cradle for liberty, or is simply a sanctuary for liberty lovers with no where else to go. Mama Allys story is important for our little history but I wish her arrival had a bit less drama. I work with stainless steel, I would be honored to trade out some kitchen mods for takeout someday.

In the next few years the Last Biscuit way of doing business will be corrected to be safer, more efficient, etc. Also, there will be several more restaurants like Mama Allys, some connected to her, some entirely separate.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2010, 01:19:16 PM »

You really think so?
 I hope you are right. :D

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2010, 02:38:36 PM »

I think what Mamma Ally does is of a remarkable importance that cannot be overstated.  [screed warning]  Think about it for a moment.  I've been thinking about this for a long time, and had planned to call the show to discuss it.

Why don't we grow most of our own food?  We buy most of our food at the market because it can be grown better and cheaper by someone else.  Why don't we make our own shoes?  We buy shoes manufactured by someone else, because someone else can make them far better and cheaper than we can.  The same logic can be applied to a large variety of consumable goods, services and fixed assets; something most libertarians are hardly unaware of.

Now, why can't get you get great food, cheaper than you can prepare it yourself?

The state.  Licensing, regulation and overall state interference not only makes food preparation expensive and impractical, it also restricts our options.  Momma Ally is a hero because she cuts through the state interference and (by reputation--I've never had the honor) provides good food that people on a tight budget can afford.  It's the way the market is supposed to work.  In the society built on the lessons of Adam Smith, we should be buying, from chefs, a large portion of our freshly prepared food--just as most other things--and done that way, it should be higher quality and less expensive than most of us can do it ourselves.

In this way, Momma Ally's mission deserves even more vigorous support than the typical libertarian enterprise, because it has a profound affect on the people on this continent being able to feed its less wealthy.  In the next decade or so, I predict this will be of paramount importance, as we experience the downfall of mercantilism and its continued harm to our economy.

slayerboy

• Untitled
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 10:42:58 PM »

Now, why can't get you get great food, cheaper than you can prepare it yourself?

Because you're paying someone to grow and prepare the food for you vs you growing and preparing it yourself.  You're paying for someone's time. It's actually more logical that having crap prepared for you IS more expensive.  I agree what MA is doing is good, and if she can practically give the stuff away while still making enough to sustain business and life, then by all means.  Sometimes it is cheaper when someone has all the items needed to grow and prepare the food, but usually in the long run it works out more expensive.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2010, 10:52:32 PM »

Because you're paying someone to grow and prepare the food for you vs you growing and preparing it yourself.  You're paying for someone's time. It's actually more logical that having crap prepared for you IS more expensive.  I agree what MA is doing is good, and if she can practically give the stuff away while still making enough to sustain business and life, then by all means.  Sometimes it is cheaper when someone has all the items needed to grow and prepare the food, but usually in the long run it works out more expensive.

But you don't get it.  You can't make shoes better or cheaper yourself.  You can't make a baseball bat better or cheaper yourself.  You shouldn't be able to make food better or cheaper yourself.  Actually, when I lived in LA, I could get prepared food pretty cheap.  You can in Taipei, too.  It's harder here in Denver.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2010, 10:59:09 PM »

You really think so?
 I hope you are right. :D

I really think so.

Also, things become cheaper because of the division of labor/specialization plus that making items in bulk brings down cost. If you have to make one sandwich its going to cost more per sandwich than if you were to make 100 of them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Momma Ally's Beat-Down

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.