Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Momma Ally is the new Ed Brown
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Momma Ally is the new Ed Brown  (Read 25005 times)

alaric89

• View Profile
Re: Momma Ally is the new Ed Brown
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2011, 04:55:31 AM »

... so if somebody will have stopped the bounty hunters of someone who ran to NH for protection it would have had adverse effects on others in the liberty movement that needed bail help later.
Thank you Mr. Osborne.
Everybody else: Was that so hard?

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2011, 01:36:55 PM »

The whole thing's so obvious the confusion baffles me.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2011, 02:23:35 PM »

Isn't a bail bondsman just someone who essentially loans money, probably for a fairly high fee, on the promise that you'll show up to your court date so they get paid back?  If you don't like their fees or their service or the fact that they will enforce your promise to show up, you can try to borrow the money from elsewhere at a moment's notice.  The bounty hunters are just enforcing the promise you made in order to be loaned the money.  They're not the "bad guys".  They're not the ones holding you for ransom.  They're just providing a service to help people deal with the bad guys.

I would have a serious moral problem with accepting their service, making a promise to them in order to receive it, and then breaking that promise at great cost to them.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2011, 02:31:05 PM »

Its clear to me. I was confused at the time when she said she was in Keene, since I knew she needed to be in the south at that time. When she got picked up, well what did she think was going to happen?
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2011, 04:17:38 PM »

Isn't a bail bondsman just someone who essentially loans money, probably for a fairly high fee, on the promise that you'll show up to your court date so they get paid back?  If you don't like their fees or their service or the fact that they will enforce your promise to show up, you can try to borrow the money from elsewhere at a moment's notice.  The bounty hunters are just enforcing the promise you made in order to be loaned the money.  They're not the "bad guys".  They're not the ones holding you for ransom.  They're just providing a service to help people deal with the bad guys.

I would have a serious moral problem with accepting their service, making a promise to them in order to receive it, and then breaking that promise at great cost to them.

A bounty hunter is a hired gun. They are not good or bad. They just seem one way or the other depending on who pays them, like any other hired gun.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2011, 05:06:42 PM »

The whole thing's so obvious the confusion baffles me.
I felt like a coward.
I have issues of letting thugs aggression, justified or not, slide.
I needed a reason, that no defensive action was taken, I could get my head around.
That it would have harmed the movement at this time will work just fine.
I feel better.

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
  • People cannot be coerced into freedom.
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2011, 08:54:23 AM »

User generated content + bitcoin = http://witcoin.com

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2011, 10:31:15 AM »

Yeah, a bail bondsman basically says to the person "Ok, im gonna get you out of jail, but the court is gonna hold me responsible for you showing up to your court date. If you agree to show up I need some money for insurance that you will hold up your end of the bargain" If the person doesnt show up, the bail bondsman is responsible for paying the court the full amount of bail, usually some huge amount of money and the bail the person pays the bondsman is usually around 10% of the full bail amount. So if the bail is set to 100,000 bucks and the person skips town, the bondsman is out 90,000 bucks if he cant get the person back into custody.

Sometimes a bail bondsman is also the bounty hunter himself. Its a good way to cut out some overhead. I was gonna do this line of work years ago, but didnt like the prospect of possibly getting my nuts shot off by someone who REALLY didnt want to be brought back into custody. Not to mention the fact that I've always despised law enforcement and that position smelled a little too much like being a cop.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2012, 02:05:28 PM »

Any updates on Momma Ally?  Does she have her kid?  Is she in jail?  Will her great food be back at Porcfest?  I'm eating grits right now.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2012, 02:22:51 PM »

Any updates on Momma Ally?  Does she have her kid?  Is she in jail?  Will her great food be back at Porcfest?  I'm eating grits right now.

the_last_biscuit@yahoo.com

The Biscuit Baby who was supposed to be 'safe' according to the state until things were 'figured out' in the runaway house, after being taken from her mother at Fort Freedom, was threatened with handcuffs and forced by police into her fathers car after being torn from her mothers arms in screaming, crying, beggng tears and dragged back to Oklahoma again. Momma Ally is again devastated and finding it very hard to gather her strength to get back up and fight again. Her soul has been stolen by the state :( So please forgive this groups lack of in the street activism for a little bit. When Momma regroups we will be back at it again. Thanks for your understanding PEACE and SOLIDARITY
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2012, 09:33:24 PM »

Momma Ally has allowed me to use her mobile Last Biscuit equipment while she is unable to do so. This action will help me get my festival vending business back off the ground. This means so much to me after being "abandoned" by people I thought were "friends" who dropped off the face of the planet when shit got real.

Her heart is in the right place, she is not someone I would easily give up on. Momma is a fighter and all of my interactions with her have given me the impression that her daughter is her life and she will fight to the very end to make sure that girl is taken care of.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 04:06:26 PM by Robin »
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2012, 03:57:20 AM »

She wouldn't easily give up on you either.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Momma Ally is the new Ed Brown

// ]]>

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 32 queries.