Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  MODERATOR : REQUEST FOR A DAVE ROOM
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MODERATOR : REQUEST FOR A DAVE ROOM  (Read 3826 times)

EarSplittinLoudenBoomer

• View Profile
MODERATOR : REQUEST FOR A DAVE ROOM
« on: January 20, 2014, 03:38:57 PM »

I have a polite request, for all posts written by and written to or about Dave (PoughkeepsieGuy). As it is right now, his mostly vulgar, and meaningless threads/posts have taken over the board. And now he has chosen to lock his threads so no one can reply. Isn't that the main purpose for most threads ... a discussion ? So in short this guy is basically being allowed to SPAM the forum here.
This way, with a Dave Room -- all posts, threads etc that Dave writes or others refer toward him, can be posted there ... and if not, it gives the Mods a convenient place to put them if and when they are posted elsewhere. A mods job is difficult enough and I speak this from experience (its how I found out about Dave, spamming on my forum).
I don't ask for a ban on him ... and I would not. That is not my concern as a participant here. Just a polite suggestion for the FTL board to consider.
Thank you for taking the time to read and/or consider my request.

arch stanton

• View Profile
    • Deathsquad Forum
Re: MODERATOR : REQUEST FOR A DAVE ROOM
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 04:36:55 PM »

Ah yes, on the old DS forum we called this the "battered women's shelter" It was the only place on the forum Dave was allowed to post.

EarSplittinLoudenBoomer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 05:18:04 PM »

fixed it

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 09:28:04 PM »

I'm not sure he should be memorialized in this way,.... yet.

If there's going to be a special Dave Room, I'd like it to be for Dave from Montana, because that is one of the coolest most likeable callers to any radio show ever ("LONG LIVE FREE TALK"!)

Anyway, if the annoying pedoleech Dave continues in his current vein for, say, another 6-8 months, THEN so memorialize (and contain) him.

As it is, my guess is he'll move along in a month or two, for more fertile trollin' pastures

EarSplittinLoudenBoomer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 11:05:47 PM »

Fixed it

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 11:19:46 AM »

Are you guys absolutely sure that the person trolling the boards is actually a verifiable real identity and not one fabricated for trolling? Is the person posting here and calling into the show the same person he says he is? If so, I'm not even kidding here, he's talked of suicide considerably and has made multiple threats of violence. He's definitely mentally ill and quite possibly a danger to himself or others. Such a person is not going to acknowledge their own illness and seek treatment. For starters, I don't think you should be taunting him. I'm not saying be afraid of him. I'm saying it's just not cool to be further messing with someone who's already very unstable. It's kind of douchey. You know?

david7777

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 07:09:09 PM »

"PoughkeepsieGuy"'s massive amount of posts is definitely having a negative impact on the boards!   :(

Temper

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 09:43:33 PM »

Are you guys absolutely sure that the person trolling the boards is actually a verifiable real identity and not one fabricated for trolling? Is the person posting here and calling into the show the same person he says he is? If so, I'm not even kidding here, he's talked of suicide considerably and has made multiple threats of violence. He's definitely mentally ill and quite possibly a danger to himself or others. Such a person is not going to acknowledge their own illness and seek treatment. For starters, I don't think you should be taunting him. I'm not saying be afraid of him. I'm saying it's just not cool to be further messing with someone who's already very unstable. It's kind of douchey. You know?

I thought this too.. but don't you find this a bit elaborate? Maybe I am just the ultimate conspiracy theorist, but I mean what the hell?

Dave is crazy, lost hist job etc, but his videos always seem to show him in odd places. One video looked like a house, http://bbs.freetalklive.com/the-show/video-from-me-waiting-to-get-on-free-talk-live/ makes it look like a frat room, etc etc etc..

The people taunting him have many elaborate images well edited. These people seem to know his name, address, zip code, probably phone number, etc etc. They even have an image of like his parents.

Doesn't this seem a bit elaborate? Who has this much free time? I haven't had a job in 2 years and I don't have anywhere this much free time.

What boarding house would let him stay there without working towards goals? Who is homeless with like a laptop and a nice cell phone?

None of this shit adds up - it just seems like an act to me..

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 09:54:39 PM »

None of this shit adds up - it just seems like an act to me..

Oh, I could see it being an act, but it's just so ridiculously unflattering that I wouldn't expect someone to use their real identity to play that game. If he's using his real identity, then he's 4 realz nutz.

EarSplittinLoudenBoomer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 10:25:38 PM »

Been doing the same thing for over ten years.

And he likes for people to post about him as you have.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 11:04:51 PM »

And he likes for people to post about him as you have.

LOL
You're pulling my leg. Have you guys posted about anything else?

EarSplittinLoudenBoomer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 11:27:37 PM »

"PoughkeepsieGuy"'s massive amount of posts is definitely having a negative impact on the boards!   :(

I second this ....

Temper

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 11:29:09 PM »

I second this ....

Not really. It is a liberty forum. And at least someone is using it :)

Plus dave brought all of you guys.. And later they can just delete his posts..

EarSplittinLoudenBoomer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 11:33:53 PM »

I second this ....

Not really. It is a liberty forum. And at least someone is using it :)

... and this is true, it's being used.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  MODERATOR : REQUEST FOR A DAVE ROOM

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.