Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Moderator Changes
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Moderator Changes  (Read 56668 times)

Bill Brasky

Re: Moderator Changes
« Reply #165 on: October 24, 2011, 09:05:32 PM »

*I know some "brown people" who don't like to be referred to as such. I'd report that to the mods but.. well.. you guys are the mods.

Do ya?

Because the last time I used "Brown person" in actual face to face convo, it went like this:

I walk into a bar in West Reading, PA, which is like Mexico City, without the polite stormtroopers..

Me:  Hey man, did two girls show up here?

Bartender:  Theres been some, what'd they look like?

Me:  One super-cute blonde, one brown girl.

Bartender:  Brown hair, or brown skin?

Me:  Both.

Bartender:  Nope, not with a super-cute blondie.  

The bartender was about six foot fourteen, muscles that hurt to look at, and brown.  Spiderwebs on his elbows, all that shit.  

If you're in a city, the lsat thing you wanna do is call a 'Rican a Mexican, or any of that shit.  They get hostile.  But "brown" usually doesn't piss people off if you're not being a dick about it.  Its better than tippy-toeing through the labyrinth of Latina, if you're not latino.  That just sounds stupid.  And Hispanic sounds like a cop, so avoid that.  

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #166 on: October 24, 2011, 09:12:01 PM »

I expect the "bigot" tag to be replaced with "troll". So have at it - cause I don't have a clue about how you're interpreting my on-topic posts, replies to a thread, can be considered trolling. So before we enter the next phase - me defending myself from being called a troll constantly - waht am I doing that is trollish?

*Facepalm*

Dude, I'm asking you to drop this. Stop having this conversation.

I'll make a deal with you - Never mention my name again on the BBS. Never mention me at all, and I'll do the same.

Shut. The. Fuck. Up. About. Me.  

And as for trolling? These two comments? Trolling.

Now, to pull the same stunt, I've said a bunch of shit and then I'm gonna pretend to take the high road by saying I'm done with this unless my name is dragged back into this.

Mod. Brashawsky:
(I've combined the two of you since for the past few days you've both been parroting the same message to which I've responded, usually repeating myself to both of you, post after post after post. Maybe this will help condense the message.)

Let's both walk away now. Say one more word directed at me and yes, I'm gonna start calling you a troll. Walk away. Drop it. Do it and I'll never say a word to or about you again unless you violate the TOS or you decide you wanna be friendly.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 24, 2011, 09:24:08 PM »

I'm as sick of this as you are. Friendly is the mode I normally function in and I'm ready to proceed in that direction, even though it's made difficult by being ordered about. Any moron who has any depth about them at all can see the force and tease within your parting comment.

2nd hatchet buried in my opinion. Please lock the thread.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #168 on: October 24, 2011, 09:58:38 PM »

Gentlemen,

If we're going to have a meaningful debate here, please keep your answers in the form of 5 second soundbytes, or the 10 typed word equivalent.

Thank you in advance.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 24, 2011, 11:46:02 PM »

Eh? What U doin Mike? U trynna start summen? Eh?
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Bill Brasky

« Reply #170 on: October 24, 2011, 11:48:19 PM »

Please lock the thread.

It's Ian's thread. 

Bill Brasky

« Reply #171 on: October 25, 2011, 05:28:28 AM »

I see Brasky and blackie are at odds with one another. It provides an opportunity for me to throw more jabs in at Brasky. I choose not to take that cheap opportunity since it doesn't really involve me. I did the same when you and Dragline had your disagreement. I'd appreciate the same consideration from you.

To save you the trouble, I was telling him he is a dick.

If you are going to french kiss and smash your sweaty boners against each other with spider-drips of precum mimicking the spaghetti scene in Lady and the Tramp, step back a few paces from the fire.  Nobody needs to see that shit.

I might have to tread into Moderation, and make this thread (NSFW)

Theres a lot of reading to do, a lot of editing.  I'll fix all this shit up, don't you'se worry about it. 

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #172 on: October 25, 2011, 08:14:01 AM »

If you are going to french kiss and smash your sweaty boners against each other with spider-drips of precum mimicking the spaghetti scene in Lady and the Tramp, step back a few paces from the fire.  Nobody needs to see that shit.

o.0

Dood, you are brilliant! I think you may have found the perfect solution for this conflict.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #173 on: October 25, 2011, 08:47:11 AM »

If you are going to french kiss and smash your sweaty boners against each other with spider-drips of precum mimicking the spaghetti scene in Lady and the Tramp, step back a few paces from the fire.  Nobody needs to see that shit.

o.0

Dood, you are brilliant! I think you may have found the perfect solution for this conflict.

Rock hard guy-on-guy boner action in silhouette? 

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #174 on: October 25, 2011, 09:57:25 AM »

Rock hard guy-on-guy boner action in silhouette?

We could achieve peace on Earth!

blackie

« Reply #175 on: October 25, 2011, 10:08:48 AM »

Hey, Bomb Freak, nice to see ya.
I'm not even sure you have read the bomb threads, or what your problem with them is. You haven't provided a quote with the problem content, or PMed me about any issue with my posts. No one ever has. The bomb threads mostly cover recent bombings in the news. You seem to imply the threads are about making bombs, and they are not.

http://bbs.freetalklive.com/general/nyc-time-square-car-bomb-fail/

http://bbs.freetalklive.com/general/explosives-are-now-weapons-of-mass-destruction/

http://bbs.freetalklive.com/general/taliban-increasingly-effective/

But whatever, I won't post that kind of stuff any more. I can follow the rules you make up, even if I don't agree with them. I even deleted the two threads you seem to have a problem with.

Continually hostile to the same person, for way too long, yes.  Kinda like how Libman spent two years following John around.  And Riddler.  Maybe your opinions of time are different than mine.
Ok, so being continually hostile to the same person for a short period of time is ok. Like how long...two or three months?

And speaking of opinions, you were dead-set against banning, for any reason.
Was I? Got any quotes? I don't remember ever saying anything about it. I don't really look into it when people get banned. I don't really have feelings on the matter.

Go delete your account for the thousandth time.  Three years ago you said you didn't want mod buttons, so why do you keep it now?
Last time I tried to delete my account I couldn't. I told you that before. You told me to ask Johnson. I said no thanks. I can't remember ever asking a mod to do anything for me. I can work with the rules that are in place. So I guess I don't get to delete my account any more. That is how I got rid of the mod status last time, dumping my account. This time I can't do that.

I want to keep mod status as long as you have it. You are the only person I intend to mod. Maybe spammers.

Intoxicated by the power?  Not an uncommon trait for a man of small stature.

Hostile in general, lots of people are.  Go suck a dick, midget.
It doesn't seem like much power. But thanks Ian.

I thought you said you wanted the place to be civil.

I don't have a problem with my size. Maybe you are confusing me with someone else?

My height is pretty much average. It seems like the world is built for people my size.  I didn't realize the "M" on all my clothes stood for midget.

I think the only person that has ever said anything negative about my height before is Toars, and now you. Toars is kinda big, so when he calls someone small, you have to put it into perspective. In jump school the black hats told me I was the perfect size for a paratrooper.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 03:48:30 PM by blackie »

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 25, 2011, 03:30:24 PM »

Stop This Shit!

Bill Brasky

« Reply #177 on: October 30, 2011, 03:43:20 AM »

Hey, Bomb Freak, nice to see ya.
I'm not even sure you have read the bomb threads, or what your problem with them is. You haven't provided a quote with the problem content, or PMed me about any issue with my posts. No one ever has. The bomb threads mostly cover recent bombings in the news. You seem to imply the threads are about making bombs, and they are not.

http://bbs.freetalklive.com/general/nyc-time-square-car-bomb-fail/

http://bbs.freetalklive.com/general/explosives-are-now-weapons-of-mass-destruction/

http://bbs.freetalklive.com/general/taliban-increasingly-effective/

But whatever, I won't post that kind of stuff any more. I can follow the rules you make up, even if I don't agree with them. I even deleted the two threads you seem to have a problem with.

Continually hostile to the same person, for way too long, yes.  Kinda like how Libman spent two years following John around.  And Riddler.  Maybe your opinions of time are different than mine.
Ok, so being continually hostile to the same person for a short period of time is ok. Like how long...two or three months?

And speaking of opinions, you were dead-set against banning, for any reason.
Was I? Got any quotes? I don't remember ever saying anything about it. I don't really look into it when people get banned. I don't really have feelings on the matter.

Go delete your account for the thousandth time.  Three years ago you said you didn't want mod buttons, so why do you keep it now?
Last time I tried to delete my account I couldn't. I told you that before. You told me to ask Johnson. I said no thanks. I can't remember ever asking a mod to do anything for me. I can work with the rules that are in place. So I guess I don't get to delete my account any more. That is how I got rid of the mod status last time, dumping my account. This time I can't do that.

I want to keep mod status as long as you have it. You are the only person I intend to mod. Maybe spammers.

Intoxicated by the power?  Not an uncommon trait for a man of small stature.

Hostile in general, lots of people are.  Go suck a dick, midget.
It doesn't seem like much power. But thanks Ian.

I thought you said you wanted the place to be civil.

I don't have a problem with my size. Maybe you are confusing me with someone else?

My height is pretty much average. It seems like the world is built for people my size.  I didn't realize the "M" on all my clothes stood for midget.

I think the only person that has ever said anything negative about my height before is Toars, and now you. Toars is kinda big, so when he calls someone small, you have to put it into perspective. In jump school the black hats told me I was the perfect size for a paratrooper.

I'm not reading this goddamn nigger shit.

BonerJoe

« Reply #178 on: November 01, 2011, 12:14:22 AM »

lol

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Moderator Changes

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.