Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Moderator Changes
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Moderator Changes  (Read 56246 times)

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
Re: Moderator Changes
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2011, 02:46:10 PM »

Does this mean starting over with a blank forum? All new topics and discussions, instead of having to sort through 35+ pages to read the 20-30 posts which make up the actual conversation?

Probably?  Not certain.
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

FTL_Ian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2011, 03:41:44 PM »

Thread for suggestions on how to fix this place:
http://bbs.freetalklive.com/general/bbs-fail/
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

Bill Brasky

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2011, 05:08:50 PM »

Brasky doesn't keep him in check but compounds the problem.  When complaints (just forum posts, as if that harms anything) about the latest Shaw banning came:  Brasky said this.  "I know where you go, what you review.  If you typically review your
posts to page three, I'll start fucking with your posts on page four.
And you will be ultimately be dragging a wagon-load of the most damaging shit you've ever imagined."  What is that about?

Ian...  That was some seriously douchebaggy shit to do.  Trolling (fucking with real people's real life emotions) totally on par with what dragline was banned for.  Good thing that's not against the ToS I s'pose.

I left this place for two months and came back cuz you sent me an email.  That was some sick fucking shit dude.  That's the kind of shit that I expect of Rillion or other decietful manipulative fucks that don't care what bad effects they have on other people's lives.  Here my goal was to NOT let this become drama when you were playing me for the exact opposite.  Sorry to dissapoint,  I'll just slink over here with the rest of the puppets to be manipulated and exploited for your pleasure.  You have the right people in place already and don't need me.

I'm not gonna hold it against you, but I'm gonna say it... I mean, I did say it.  It's said. 

WHY THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO KEEP JOHN SHAW "IN CHECK"? 

HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO KEEP JOHN SHAW IN CHECK?

WHAT EXACTLY IS "IN CHECK"? 

This is like the fifth time I've seen this nonsense, and I still don't understand it.  I'm not gonna get into a verbal confrontation with a person I respect over a thing I don't actually GIVE A SHIT ABOUT. 

That fucking dickhead spent two years baiting John.  He's lucky he lasted as long as he did. 

Why are you not bitching that I shitcanned Widespread Panic?

Why are you not bitching that IAN re-shitcanned Libman?

When people are continually, unnaturally hostile THEY GOTTA GO.

We paid Ian like seventy bucks to get rid of John Hansen. 

Man, do I have a fucking headache.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2011, 05:19:26 PM »

I want to apologize for acting so rashly.  I think my problem is that the BBS is such a dramatic place that I feed into that by doing things without really thinking about them, just to stir up more drama.  Maybe it's at some level an attempt to find myself interested in what goes on here.

I really should be, as it's my BBS, but I don't really recall the last time I was.

I've re-promoted Brasky and Shaw, but it wouldn't surprise me if they've had enough of my bullshit and refused to accept.

Hellbilly has been demoted and Blackie promoted.

I'm open to suggestions as to how to change things around here.  Shaw apparently suggested rebooting the whole thing.

Ian, you're starting to sound like a stand up guy again....

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2011, 05:22:06 PM »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWcTetS_FLQ&feature=related[/youtube]

SeanD

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2011, 06:11:11 PM »

Brasky doesn't keep him in check but compounds the problem.  When complaints (just forum posts, as if that harms anything) about the latest Shaw banning came:  Brasky said this.  "I know where you go, what you review.  If you typically review your
posts to page three, I'll start fucking with your posts on page four.
And you will be ultimately be dragging a wagon-load of the most damaging shit you've ever imagined."  What is that about?

Ian...  That was some seriously douchebaggy shit to do.  Trolling (fucking with real people's real life emotions) totally on par with what dragline was banned for.  Good thing that's not against the ToS I s'pose.

I left this place for two months and came back cuz you sent me an email.  That was some sick fucking shit dude.  That's the kind of shit that I expect of Rillion or other decietful manipulative fucks that don't care what bad effects they have on other people's lives.  Here my goal was to NOT let this become drama when you were playing me for the exact opposite.  Sorry to dissapoint,  I'll just slink over here with the rest of the puppets to be manipulated and exploited for your pleasure.  You have the right people in place already and don't need me.

I'm not gonna hold it against you, but I'm gonna say it... I mean, I did say it.  It's said. 

WHY THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO KEEP JOHN SHAW "IN CHECK"? 

HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO KEEP JOHN SHAW IN CHECK?

WHAT EXACTLY IS "IN CHECK"? 

This is like the fifth time I've seen this nonsense, and I still don't understand it.  I'm not gonna get into a verbal confrontation with a person I respect over a thing I don't actually GIVE A SHIT ABOUT. 

That fucking dickhead spent two years baiting John.  He's lucky he lasted as long as he did. 

Why are you not bitching that I shitcanned Widespread Panic?

Why are you not bitching that IAN re-shitcanned Libman?

When people are continually, unnaturally hostile THEY GOTTA GO.

We paid Ian like seventy bucks to get rid of John Hansen. 

Man, do I have a fucking headache.

Hansen?  Hansen?  Was that the guy that used to do talk soup and now does wipeout with the skunk stripe in his hair?

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom

Bill Brasky

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2011, 07:34:09 PM »

Well said, Dale. 

FTL_Ian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2011, 09:04:29 PM »

http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=5554.msg55385#msg55385

FK is not unmoderated - there's an introduction policy which dramatically cuts out the problem users.  Clearly though, the unmoderated thing does not work.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2011, 09:49:32 PM »

Clearly though, the unmoderated thing does not work.

"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Highline

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2011, 10:59:06 PM »

As the #LRN lead-mod-dude, I have appointed BJ a +h in #LRN.  BJ is always in the room and has been a loyal chatter for years.

We now have a full compliment of good people to keep the peace there.  For some reason our trolling factor has increased ten-fold, as of late.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 11:00:44 PM by Highline »
-/-

Bill Brasky

« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2011, 11:44:56 PM »

BJ is a quality dude.  Nice choice. 

I seen you here once or twice, and you always seem like you have your head straight.  I don't know who you are, but you don't piss me off.  Congrats on that.

Highline

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2011, 11:47:04 PM »

BJ is a quality dude.  Nice choice. 

I seen you here once or twice, and you always seem like you have your head straight.  I don't know who you are, but you don't piss me off.  Congrats on that.

-/-

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2011, 11:50:26 PM »

http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=5554.msg55385#msg55385

FK is not unmoderated - there's an introduction policy which dramatically cuts out the problem users.  Clearly though, the unmoderated thing does not work.

Sad, isn't it?
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2011, 11:52:57 PM »

No, I wouldn't have taken the Mod spot. Not for free anyway... hope the mods are at least getting a t-shirt or something ( <--psst Ian, it's a hint).

Since Brasky finally has grown a pair and is naming names (saying who the assholes are, and includes me amongst them) instead of bashfully hiding behind way too many words.. I don't think Brasky and I had any real disagreements here until the word filter came into play. I don't think anyone can come up with a good argument for why it's wrong to type nigger but OK to type faggot, kyke.. etc. etc. - but no, I wasn't trying to dwell in a gray area, I was making a specific point. One that still hasn't been answered, and can't be in any meaningful way as long as the double standard exists here.

No idea, Brasky, why you're so emotional about this. Dig in the archives, you'll find a post or two from yourself where you rag on ragheads and have typed nigger a few times. No one got hurt, as far as I know. I wasn't offended. Most big boys aren't.

...even I'm tired of this argument by now..

A tip for ya- instead of talking about writing a book, write one. Instead of following the footsteps of drunken (by the way, I haven't been drunk in years - something you alluded to in your post regarding me) beat poets, do something original. You draw inspiration from characters on TV and movies? ("The Dude" was your handle on here for awhile, it's how I've pictured you since) - how about being the guy who creates characters that other people are inspired by? Cryptic sentences in your comments are frequently quotes from movies.. wasted talent. You try too hard to be "deep", "edgy" and "brooding" - it's readily apparent to those of us for whom it comes naturally.

I rarely engage in any sort of flame war on a personal level, you opened the book though. I'm just still kinda surprised by how righteous you're coming off, as if you're somehow a victim of Ian's BBS Mod policies and you were just forced to be noble as a response to such effrontery coming from such a casual browser of the BBS.

You shitheaded me
I expected as much and didn't care
I asked you about the double standard
You change that text to include such a mature response as "cocks"
I asked again about the double standard and honestly don't remember what your reply was but it's still here I think..

test: faggot kyke spic chink nigger redneck honky cracker

Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Moderator Changes

// ]]>

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 32 queries.