Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Moderator Changes
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Moderator Changes  (Read 56242 times)

Fred

• View Profile
Re: Moderator Changes
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2011, 01:33:57 PM »

Janitor didn't fuck up Eco - you just had a hissy fit cuz they banned dragline.  deal with it.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2011, 01:39:09 PM »

http://130.94.182.150/lifelaws.htm

LIFE'S LAWS

There are laws in life that don't make sense regarding how they could
possibly work, but they do. You will discover these laws one way or the other,
but the sooner in your life you know and act on them, the better it will be
for you.

You will eventually find out that life is both perfect and neutral.  Which
means that if anything is not going great in your life, it is not life's
fault.  And being neutral, you will reap what you sow.

Awesome.  Will this bullshit apply to you when someone makes a bomb from the data you post? 

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2011, 01:48:10 PM »

Janitor didn't fuck up Eco - you just had a hissy fit cuz they banned dragline.  deal with it.

Yes I did.  And I did.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2011, 02:02:30 PM »

I'll give you a hint - Hellbilly, when he changed his name to every offensive word he could muster in his drunken foggy brain. 

I remember that. He's a mod now? Ahahahah this is going to be absolutely crazy.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Bill Brasky

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2011, 02:04:35 PM »

Yes I did.  And I did.

Yeah, dealt with an issue that didn't pertain to you by going on several drunken marathons, resulting in a four-day freak-out, e-mailing Ian like a whiny cunt, and harassing everybody with mod buttons. 

You're a fuckin weirdo, dude.  If I put half that much effort into bugging you, you're gonna want to hang yourself. 

FUN FUN FUN!

[youtube]OMOGaugKpzs[/youtube]

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2011, 02:06:54 PM »

I want to apologize for acting so rashly.  I think my problem is that the BBS is such a dramatic place that I feed into that by doing things without really thinking about them, just to stir up more drama.  Maybe it's at some level an attempt to find myself interested in what goes on here.

I really should be, as it's my BBS, but I don't really recall the last time I was.

I've re-promoted Brasky and Shaw, but it wouldn't surprise me if they've had enough of my bullshit and refused to accept.

Hellbilly has been demoted and Blackie promoted.

I'm open to suggestions as to how to change things around here.  Shaw apparently suggested rebooting the whole thing.
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

Bill Brasky

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2011, 02:13:29 PM »

YOU SHOULD PROBABLY READ MY RANT FIRST.  

Royce PM'd me.  Here it is unedited:

You were welcome, up until the moment you "consulted" some magpies who reiterate whatever you wanted to hear in a closed-door situation rather than having a discussion with the actual involved participants.  

I'll tell you what happened far as I know if you like.  I have no hard feelings.  That's not very cool to talk to Ian like that.  He said thank you and I expect he meant it.  
What did you want him to do?  Make an announcement that some of the things you have said are entirely unacceptable?  

I am the consultant far as I know and he didn't come to me.  I sent him an email 2 months ago and forgot about it.  Couple days ago I get a "thanks for thoughts" and "who would be better?" response.  I gave him 5 names, none mine.  That's what I know.  The facts are available for the whole internet to see, if he consulted at length I expect it was with the BBS.

Don't PM me.  Ever.  And don't start telling me what to say and whom to say it.  Everything you PM to me is going straight to the boards, every single time.  

Personally, I'm glad he relieved me of the responsibility, so I don't have to deal with people like you any more - unless I feel like it.  

What I expected him to do was send me an email or a PM, rather than leave it in some place where I might find it.  That is how you treat people if you have any interpersonal skills, or respect for the thousands of hours you've VOLUNTEERED to their property.  

No surprise, there.  He thinks everybody wants to do him favors.  I just wanted to make sure nobody posted anything insanely stupid that would get him put back in jail, or kept there if it violated early release conditions - you know, an actual contribution to actual freedom.  Maybe that's too complicated for the narrow-minded.  So fuck him.  Zero class, low-thinking egomaniac.  I will never, ever do him a single favor, ever again.  Not because of the change, I don't care about that.  It's HOW, which is the big insult.  

Forgive the fuck outta me for wanting to do my part in keeping the arrested or incarcerated from getting Rodney King'd.  You think the fucking Keene or Manch cops don't read these webs?  I guarantee, within the near future, Ailcaire (?) will be back in here calling to crash a cop funeral somewhere and shoot the attendees.  I can't wait.  

(Hey -  that guy who volunteered six thousand hours to my website?   I'm just gonna give him the Italian high-sign because I'm much too important and busy to give him a personal fistbump. - What a goddamn asshole.  Seriously.)  

And no surprise that you're a run-behind bitch.  Knew ya were, know ya are.  I stopped crying to daddy when I was knee-high.  Every single one of you pussy fucks are exactly alike.  You, Libman, that Riddler moron, Hellbilly, and that fucking retarded cunt Parcgreen/Widespread Panic.  You want to shit everywhere, and don't respond to anything but being kicked the fuck out.  

Now you'll have to be a hypocrite, when push comes to shove.  And I'm gonna laugh my fucking balls off and throw every damn moment in your face.  I can't wait to ridicule that stuff.  

In fact, I think I might see what it takes to get banned.  Maybe I'll post my own bomb thread, in Chinese or Arabic.  Then you fuckin' assholes can spend all day deciphering it.

Welcome to hell, Nark.  Hope you got nuthin' to do.  

I'll keep the modz tools because I prefer the online experience with them, but you should be forewarned of my opinion.

I won't be using them unless I wander into savages.  

Of course, you can keep them -  its your call.  I'm not real happy with you right now.  

--
edit -
--

I'll check back later to see what the fuck I am.  I don't care.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 02:17:58 PM by Bill Brasky »

BonerJoe

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2011, 02:21:44 PM »

Ian must not realize how much work actually was put into this place by people who actually bother to take their job somewhat seriously. I spent hours trimming spam accounts and messages out of this system. And so what, I fucking deleted Gene's thread that he mothballed anyway. He doesn't care, but as soon as it's gone he does? Whatever.

BonerJoe

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2011, 02:22:35 PM »

And Ian was totally trolling for drama with this one.

FTL_Ian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2011, 02:30:29 PM »

And Ian was totally trolling for drama with this one.

Totally.  I've re-modded you - and also upped Gene.
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2011, 02:32:44 PM »

Goodness! I leave for a simple morning bike ride, and come home to all sorts of fun new shit.

Shaw apparently suggested rebooting the whole thing.

Does this mean starting over with a blank forum? All new topics and discussions, instead of having to sort through 35+ pages to read the 20-30 posts which make up the actual conversation?

Ian must not realize how much work actually was put into this place by people who actually bother to take their job somewhat seriously. I spent hours trimming spam accounts and messages out of this system. And so what, I fucking deleted Gene's thread that he mothballed anyway. He doesn't care, but as soon as it's gone he does? Whatever.
Like I said earlier, BJ - I didn't know exactly what all you GMs were up to, but I hadn't needed to use the ignore in a while, which is a good thing. Also, any threads I avoided were because I knew they weren't 'safe' to have open around the kidlets or because they didn't interest, not because they'd be spammy links to spam.

And, I'm glad Brasky is sticking around and not trying to get himself banned.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2011, 02:34:36 PM »

:( 

My email is still valid and correct:

John Shaw  uses this forum to satisfy his own delusions of grandeur.  It was all fun and games until he got a ban button.  He pisses people off, eggs them on and then complains about
how they've hurt his feelings and bans them.  His behavior is entirely unacceptable (For a Moderator).  It is my opinion that his labeling of dissenters as trolls and running them off stifles discussion.  It's a completely fucked up way to behave either way, yes I know who's talking and I'm not a mod.

Brasky doesn't keep him in check but compounds the problem.  When complaints (just forum posts, as if that harms anything) about the latest Shaw banning came:  Brasky said this.  "I know where you go, what you review.  If you typically review your
posts to page three, I'll start fucking with your posts on page four.
And you will be ultimately be dragging a wagon-load of the most damaging shit you've ever imagined."  What is that about?

Ian...  That was some seriously douchebaggy shit to do.  Trolling (fucking with real people's real life emotions) totally on par with what dragline was banned for.  Good thing that's not against the ToS I s'pose.

I left this place for two months and came back cuz you sent me an email.  That was some sick fucking shit dude.  That's the kind of shit that I expect of Rillion or other decietful manipulative fucks that don't care what bad effects they have on other people's lives.  Here my goal was to NOT let this become drama when you were playing me for the exact opposite.  Sorry to dissapoint,  I'll just slink over here with the rest of the puppets to be manipulated and exploited for your pleasure.  You have the right people in place already and don't need me.

I'm not gonna hold it against you, but I'm gonna say it... I mean, I did say it.  It's said. 

BonerJoe

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2011, 02:34:59 PM »

EVERYONES A MOD

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2011, 02:41:50 PM »

EVERYONES A MOD

So, I'm not joining a special club of the elite?  :(
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

FTL_Ian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2011, 02:45:01 PM »

EVERYONES A MOD

MODERATOR WAR!   :P

Seriously, I don't really know what to believe about who did what to whom and who is a petty tyrant.  I'd guess it's probably true that power went to some people's heads but that overall they did a good job.

I certainly didn't know how much time you all were putting into this.  I never end up taking this place as seriously as anyone here and end up paying the price for it by making hasty decisions.  Of course, it could be argued that even more drama would have been stirred up had I done some kind of moderator election, but who knows.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Moderator Changes

// ]]>

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 32 queries.