Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Moderator Changes
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Moderator Changes  (Read 55782 times)

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
Re: Moderator Changes
« Reply #150 on: October 23, 2011, 08:27:20 PM »

Brasky is a great guy. Aunt Bee isn't a total asshole. They used to get along and I'd say even chummy until Aunt Bee started changing his username to racist stuff I'd never post, and then playing dumb and demanding a list of permitted and non-permitted words.

It's this kinda shit.

I thank you for the friendly nod, but I changed my name to include racist and homophobic words once - to question why they weren't in the word filter that is designed to prevent racist and bigoted words from appearing on the BBS. I never played dumb about any of this and never demanded anything from anyone.

Twilight Zone..

Because the word filter isn't programmed to work on usernames.

The intelligent man would've, maybe, out of curiosity, changed it, found the answer, then resumed normal life.

You left it for several days.  As a challenge. 

You can try to make it as pretty as you want.  I am not new to this game.   

Jesus..

I keep telling myself I ain't gonna reply, but then another wacky comment comes along.

Remember that loophole I mentioned oh.. a dozen or so times? Yep. That's the username. That's precisely why I changed the username, cause that's where the loophole is, that someone might exploit, if they wanted to use a naughty word.

Interpreting every little thing that you don't like or agree with as a challenge, as in a request for some real mano-a-mano battle, on a personal level - on the internet.. is crazy, insecurity showing at the seams, or both. Guess that's the macho stuff again. Light jabs on the web don't strike me as serz bzness.

I'm stating everything right up front, exacty as it happened. That isn't "making it pretty".
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we canít articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Bill Brasky

« Reply #151 on: October 23, 2011, 08:30:36 PM »

To me it shows that you're obsessed. 

If you wanna talk macho bullshit, start there.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #152 on: October 23, 2011, 08:41:45 PM »

Contrary to Shaw's words, I never demanded any words be added to the filter.

That is innaccurate and I never said any such thing.

Show me.

What I said was that you repeatedly kept asking for a list of words that were acceptable and words that were not, as if it were our jobs to satisfy your lawyering. And it WAS lawyering, man.

You did this. You did this many times. It is on record. It is a fact of reality that you did this.

If you were to post a post saying: "You know what? I don't hate people because of their genetics and I don't collectivise human beings as if they were breeds of cattle, but I admit, I have a fixation with the issue of race and I feel like exploring it even if it offends people a little." and then you proceeded to try not to fling words around that you know damned well will cause an incendiary negative reaction, nobody would probably take issue.

But you've historically done the opposite. You think you are making some sort of point by flinging words that can (Contextually, yes) hurt people based on their genetics, but the rest of us aren't getting the message, man. It's not coming through. Maybe consider that it's what you're saying rather than everyone else being dumb.

<<<Walks away unless his name is dragged in again.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 23, 2011, 08:48:15 PM »

To me it shows that you're obsessed. 

If you wanna talk macho bullshit, start there.

Anyone else having trouble following along?

If I'm obsessed with anything it's with trying to sort out how white people have become so sensitive to The N Word that all other verbal insults aimed at any other group, even their own, don't matter any more. I don't understand that at all and have just attributed it to white guilt or a sensation or rush of some sort from participating in a witch hunt. It's mindless, sad and a little funny.

At your request, I started there. Not at all sure how that relates to macho bullshit.

I don't truly wish to discuss macho bullshit, I'm frightened by that. But I did want to clarify, for those who may be having trouble reading posts, where my obsession may lie. I do tend to think about that more often than most do. But we all have our peculiar interests that are bound to come up in conversation.. guns, pot, etc.

I prefer the days where you and I shared short comments about interesting authors. Whatever dude.

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we canít articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 23, 2011, 08:58:20 PM »

<<<Walks away unless his name is dragged in again.

Well, that's one down.

Oh, and before this is interpreted as me considering myself having won a battle of some sort..

Having been tag teamed by Shaw & Brasky, with BJ squeezing in a couple jabs.. well, it's felt quite much like Whack A Mole, in a metaphorical sense, of course, except without the exhilaration (for me - but not for the moles I betcha!). Daunting, indeed. Tiresome, to be certain.

Feel good guys?

I wonder.. has Ian offered some sort of commission based reward for catchin trolls and racists? Do you get double bonus points if it's both in the same person? Is convincing others that a witch is resent on the village an effective technique?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 09:10:10 PM by hellbilly »

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 24, 2011, 01:24:53 AM »

Now you're trolling.

I'm gonna ask you to stop now.

There was no victory for you at all here. I said, "Walking away unless his name is dragged in again."

Then your post is a post dragging me in again. At the same time posting an image implying that you stopped Jack Shit. With your little whack a mole metaphor.

You addressed nothing I said in that post, so this time I'm gonna reiterate it.

And because you carefully sidestepped the issue in a really kinda sleazy way rather than address a possible misunderstanding, I am now calling you out as  a liar and demanding you provide evidence that I said you demanded words be added to some filter, or admit that you lied or at minimum misspoke.

Also, for the record, ONE MORE TIME BECAUSE YOU HAVE ROCKS IN YOUR EARS -

Has ANYONE threatened to ban you at this point? ANSWER: Unless you received some PM I'm not aware of, no, because I haven't seen it on the board.

So congratulations on pulling the witch hunt card.

Now I'm gonna say it you need to drop this and walk away from this topic. Seriously. Stop busting on people and back off. I am asking you to do this. Not telling you.

I have written a good half dozen cogent and non-attacky posts trying to turn the volume down on this conversation by laying out facts and playing nice. You have, several times, responded by cherry picking my comments to find the most negative possible interpretation of my words. So I'm gonna ask you again, take a step back and chill. Post some boobs in the boob thread or some Chaos in the Chaos thread or whatever. Quit naming names and busting balls. Shit will settle down. You don't have to force this toy until it breaks.

Do you remember the epic scale of the battle between WTFK, Bonerjoe, Brasky, and Toars? Toars left for other reasons, but that shit lasted months, man. But everyone involved apart fro Toars is still here, and getting along fairly well, if not kissing each other on the cheek.

Just ease up or give yourself a break by participating in other ways until you're less angry if ya can manage it. Please.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 01:27:45 AM by John Shaw »

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 24, 2011, 02:00:30 AM »

I think we all need to get together and have a drink. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Highline

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #157 on: October 24, 2011, 03:39:33 AM »

I think we all need to get together and have a drink. 

I'm sure the man whom we all donate our time to help his operations run smoothly would be happy to buy a round.  Or two. Or three.

Right... right...? *nudge* :D
-/-

Bill Brasky

« Reply #158 on: October 24, 2011, 09:33:10 AM »

What I said was that you repeatedly kept asking for a list of words that were acceptable and words that were not, as if it were our jobs to satisfy your lawyering. And it WAS lawyering, man.

You did this. You did this many times. It is on record. It is a fact of reality that you did this.

QFT

I think it is all very clear, what is, and what is not appropriate.

There is no way for anyone to create a concise rule about words.  Its not actually what you say, but HOW you say it. 

I have never had a problem with the words themselves.  What offends me is two very specific things: 

One - wasting my time babysitting a bunch of dicks who have infinite combinations of shitty things to "clear past the censors". 

Two - offending and dissuading the minority segment of forum visitors who may be various shades of brown. 

Where this whole thing goes awry is you've eschewed that personal filter process, and instead decided to hammer the volunteers because you don't have the class to censor yourself.

blackie

« Reply #159 on: October 24, 2011, 11:34:38 AM »

Since Brasky finally has grown a pair and is naming names (saying who the assholes are, and includes me amongst them) instead of bashfully hiding behind way too many words.. I don't think Brasky and I had any real disagreements here until the word filter came into play.
That is the same time my issues with Brasky started, but he called me out by name.

I think what happens is that once one of people he doesn't like is banned, he has to move on to a new target. Since he says he doesn't even like most people here, you can never tell who will be next.

Example:  Dragline was in the #LRN chat and was tossing the n-word around in every 4th or 5th sentence.  He was also throwing in an occasional Jewish insult.  During this time, a new LRN listener was in the room...  from Ghana.  

Yeah, that's the guy I banned and caused this delayed shitstorm with.

This whole thing was about me banning that guy.
For me this whole thing started with Brasky's thread:
http://bbs.freetalklive.com/trash-pile/read-first-rules-of-engagement-and-what-to-expect/

If Brasky thinks that kind of behavior is ok, there is a problem. I'm surprised no mod said anything. Well,   Lindsey did, and I agree with her.

Oooooooooooooooooooh lawd.  
I'm not surprised Brasky was shitcanned when Ian got out.

Just keep in mind what Brasky has DONE versus what he had said. Also, watch carefully exactly what he says rather than how he says it.

I agree. But most people are banned for what they say. Just words.

The point is civility, and personal responsibility.  You say it, you fuckin' own it.

When people are continually, unnaturally hostile THEY GOTTA GO.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 10:10:12 AM by blackie »

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 24, 2011, 02:06:05 PM »

Do you remember the epic scale of the battle between WTFK, Bonerjoe, Brasky, and Toars? Toars left for other reasons, but that shit lasted months, man. But everyone involved apart fro Toars is still here, and getting along fairly well, if not kissing each other on the cheek.

No one should think I'm not reading this thread, either.  My Gawd!

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 24, 2011, 07:23:13 PM »

Blackie's link is returning an error for me.
"The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you. "

Mod. Brashawsky:
(I've combined the two of you since for the past few days you've both been parroting the same message to which I've responded, usually repeating myself to both of you, post after post after post. Maybe this will help condense the message.)

I offered to lay off a couple days ago. I posted in the serious threads as my part of the reboot of the BBS. I've posted that I'm fine, that to me this is not a serious issue.

Posts that are stated something like "You did this. You caused this. This is your fault."  I picture the Godfather in a dark room about to cry. That's just more severe than I am capable of considering this. There seems to be so much emotion and drama behind shit like that. ...but you're wrong. I have owned up to my part, explaining it several times in several threads. It takes more than just one person to have a days old flame war. Yes, I trolled you. Yes, you trolled me. Big deal.

It won't be much of a surprise when my post count matches that of taors. What fun is it at a spot where 3 of the most active mods don't like ya, and a fair number of casual users who are afraid to comment cause they see what happened to the others who've gone up against the mods previously. I did that for awhile when you guys routinely harassed Richard. And Dragline's ban was out of bounds too.

If I've misquoted you on the demands to add words to the filter, my mistake. I'll always own up to any mistakes I make. There was something said about me demanding to see a full list of what words were included in the filter. I don't recall saying that since it doesn't mean shit to me - I think the filter is pointless.

I won't accept total blame for this whole episode. It began by me pointing out the half-assed attempt at preventing racist and/or bigoted language. The policy is still half-assed, and looks to be designed to guard the feelings of " *brown people ". You guys should own up to not truly  being committed to preventing racist/bigoted language - as is demonstrated by the limited scope of the filter.

*I know some "brown people" who don't like to be referred to as such. I'd report that to the mods but.. well.. you guys are the mods.

..that last little bit there.. that there was some fun words with a touch of troll in them. Yet they do ring true. Thought I'd point that out before you RAYGE again.

<<<Now, to pull the same stunt, I've said a bunch of shit and then I'm gonna pretend to take the high road by saying I'm done with this unless my name is dragged back into this.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #162 on: October 24, 2011, 08:26:04 PM »

Since Brasky finally has grown a pair and is naming names (saying who the assholes are, and includes me amongst them) instead of bashfully hiding behind way too many words.. I don't think Brasky and I had any real disagreements here until the word filter came into play.
That is the same time my issues with Brasky started, but he called me out by name.

I think what happens is that once one of people he doesn't like is banned, he has to move on to a new target. Since he says he doesn't even like most people here, you can never tell who will be next.

Example:  Dragline was in the #LRN chat and was tossing the n-word around in every 4th or 5th sentence.  He was also throwing in an occasional Jewish insult.  During this time, a new LRN listener was in the room...  from Ghana.  

Yeah, that's the guy I banned and caused this delayed shitstorm with.

This whole thing was about me banning that guy.
For me this whole thing started with Brasky's thread:
http://bbs.freetalklive.com/trash-pile/read-first-rules-of-engagement-and-what-to-expect/

If Brasky thinks that kind of behavior is ok, there is a problem. I'm surprised no mod said anything. Well,   Lindsey did, and I agree with her.

Oooooooooooooooooooh lawd. 
I'm not surprised Brasky was shitcanned when Ian got out.

Just keep in mind what Brasky has DONE versus what he had said. Also, watch carefully exactly what he says rather than how he says it.

I agree. But most people are banned for what they say. Just words.

The point is civility, and personal responsibility.  You say it, you fuckin' own it.

There are very few people I want to associate with here any more...

...I've lost respect for the overwhelming majority...

I wanted to be out of this nonsense about a year ago

About Ian:
So fuck him.  Zero class, low-thinking egomaniac.  I will never, ever do him a single favor, ever again.

When people are continually, unnaturally hostile THEY GOTTA GO.

Hey, Bomb Freak, nice to see ya. 

Continually hostile to the same person, for way too long, yes.  Kinda like how Libman spent two years following John around.  And Riddler.  Maybe your opinions of time are different than mine.

And speaking of opinions, you were dead-set against banning, for any reason.  Now you're for it.  Someone isn't quite square with their head... 

And speaking of Ian, I stand by that.  I think he's an egomaniac.  I think he was low-class for shitcanning volunteers without a goddamn email.  And I'm not doing him any favors ever again.  This is strictly me-time.  He can remove my stars any old time he wants.  I told him to read my rant before he re-applied my mod status. 

Go delete your account for the thousandth time.  Three years ago you said you didn't want mod buttons, so why do you keep it now?  Intoxicated by the power?  Not an uncommon trait for a man of small stature.

Hostile in general, lots of people are.  Go suck a dick, midget.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 24, 2011, 08:46:00 PM »

I won't accept total blame for this whole episode. It began by me pointing out the half-assed attempt at preventing racist and/or bigoted language. The policy is still half-assed, and looks to be designed to guard the feelings of " *brown people ". You guys should own up to not truly  being committed to preventing racist/bigoted language - as is demonstrated by the limited scope of the filter.

*I know some "brown people" who don't like to be referred to as such. I'd report that to the mods but.. well.. you guys are the mods.

Old rules half assed? Fine. Here's the new ones. Violate at your peril. No debate allowed.

F. Chronic expressions of direct abuse toward a collective ethnic group of people will not be tolerated. If you collectivize a group of people by their genotype and make directly negative comments about said group you are treading thin ice.  The determination of the words ďEthnic groupĒ and ďChronicĒ shall be left to the discretion of the moderators.

My last post was the last time I am gonna be friendly with you. I fucking tried. I fucking tried repeatedly. Now I'm done. Stop being a fucking asshole, Hellbilly. I said please, I said give it some time, I said let it blow over. You don't wanna. You wanna act like a fucking prick and collectivise people and call names. You say you agree that you wanna walk away from this argument. Then fucking do it. Or don't. If you don't take the opportunity you look like a hypocrite for supporting the option's existence.

You're fucking trolling and it is starting to annoy me.

In before you use the words "Macho" and "Bullying". I'm fucking imploring, man, drop it.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 08:51:56 PM by John Shaw »

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 24, 2011, 09:04:30 PM »

John- each season (a rough estimation, apologies if it isn't precise - it's far too frequent at any rate) I find myself in conversation with you about allegations that I'm a racist/bigot. It's been this way since I signed up. It's that way right now. My opinions today about the topic are the same as they were all those years ago. Don't pretend that you care. If you did you would have backed off from accusing me directly or making the implications. There's been an open invitation for years to have had a rational discussion about it. You haven't pitched in, and if you did I'm sorry that I've forgotten. We've had mixed interaction since I arrived during your glory days of Troll Hunter status. Mixed interaction is probably the bet we can hope for at this point. I got no ill will toward ya, but the door on "friendly" was nailed shut, by you, long ago.

I expect the "bigot" tag to be replaced with "troll". So have at it - cause I don't have a clue about how you're interpreting my on-topic posts, replies to a thread, can be considered trolling. So before we enter the next phase - me defending myself from being called a troll constantly - waht am I doing that is trollish?

I see Brasky and blackie are at odds with one another. It provides an opportunity for me to throw more jabs in at Brasky. I choose not to take that cheap opportunity since it doesn't really involve me. I did the same when you and Dragline had your disagreement. I'd appreciate the same consideration from you.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Moderator Changes

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 31 queries.