Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Militia?
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Militia?  (Read 2291 times)

Brandon

• View Profile
Militia?
« on: March 08, 2012, 03:17:25 AM »

Peaceful means of advancing liberty are by far more effective, however I think peaceful means only work when your voice is heard. With the NDAA and H.R.347, which are big steps towards the president being able to silence political opponents. I'm having a hard time believing that rational DEFENSIVE militias are a bad thing. Any thoughts?, am I wrong? Is there a line that once crossed violence is ok? Is it a good or bad idea to have a militia with the purpose to ONLY use violence when peaceful means aren't possible? There are examples in history when peaceful means weren't possible an example would be germany in 1940, or was peace an option and I'm just missing something? The only incentive for a monoplolized government is to increase, so wouldn't that mean that peaceful means will eventually be rendered ineffective? I'm not violent this is just theoretical and I'm not saying militias should be used now, I just heard Ian on free talk live say that militias are always bad. I'm having a hard time seeing that and I'm wondering if I'm missing something.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 09:16:24 PM by Brandon »

alaric89

• View Profile
Re: Militia?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 05:16:11 AM »

Would you mind reading through this thread?
I went through what you are about to.
http://bbs.freetalklive.com/general/don't-initiate-violence/
Good luck.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 05:55:42 PM »

http://www.nh.gov/constitution/billofrights.html

Art.] 24. [Militia.] A well regulated militia is the proper, natural, and sure defense, of a state.

[Art.] 25. [Standing Armies.] Standing armies are dangerous to liberty, and ought not to be raised, or kept up, without the consent of the legislature.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 03:04:52 AM »

The government is better than you at being violent.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

david

• View Profile
    • The Electronic Cigarette Forum
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 01:04:54 PM »

I'm having a hard time believing that rational DEFENSIVE militias are a bad thing. Any thoughts?, am I wrong?
Yes, you are wrong.

As soon as you fight back with guns, you justify an excessive use of government violence against you: tanks, helicopter, drones, poison gas, rocket attacks, whatever it takes to kill you. The stronger you are, the harder they will hit you. In other words, all your militia members will get killed. Is that really a plan?

Could you really pick up a gun and snipe somebody in the face and kill them? That's what a militia would be doing: hiding and sniping. Militias are a lost cause on both a practical and moral level. They will always be defeated and the laws just get worse.
eCigs.net - The Electronic Cigarette Forum

BonerJoe

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 02:32:03 PM »

Militias are informant magnets.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 03:05:38 PM »

This is true.

Dont join.

It'll get ya killed eventually.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Militia?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 31 queries.