Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  MEGA DRAMA IN KEENE - SELF IMMOLATION AT KEENE COURTHOUSE
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: MEGA DRAMA IN KEENE - SELF IMMOLATION AT KEENE COURTHOUSE  (Read 39940 times)

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
Re: MEGA DRAMA IN KEENE - SELF IMMOLATION AT KEENE COURTHOUSE
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2011, 02:10:59 PM »

No, they would have the excuses they need to really ramp up the police state.

There's a point where that wouldn't be sustainable.

I'd tend to agree, but look at Greece. They're bankrupt yet they still somehow have cash to pay the riot police.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

LTKoblinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2011, 03:50:51 PM »

I don't get why anyone would think that putting stress on a government would cause a liberalization of policy. Threats are responded to with increased 'security'. Costs are responded to with inflation or increased taxes. Protests (usually) with new regulations.

My wife's new site. Covers fashion, motherhood, our journey to NH, and soon activism.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2011, 05:08:21 PM »

I don't get why anyone would think that putting stress on a government would cause a liberalization of policy. Threats are responded to with increased 'security'. Costs are responded to with inflation or increased taxes. Protests (usually) with new regulations.

The logic is that the more cracking down a government does, the more it costs, and the more it costs, the more that "Everyday" people resent them and want them to go away. Also there is a finite amount of money, sorta.

The idea of this sort of thing that the activist types don't feel super comfortable admitting openly is that what they REALLY want is to provoke the state into being as evil as possible until people stop tolerating them.

It's similar to the concept of "Bleeding the beast" where Mormons sign up for every welfare penny they can get in hopes of bankrupting the state.

*Shrug*

Personally, I don't think that that method works. I'm mainly a fan of explaining that government is evil and showing it. Cameras are good.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

SeanD

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2011, 05:36:29 PM »

The logic is that the more cracking down a government does, the more it costs, and the more it costs, the more that "Everyday" people resent them and want them to go away. Also there is a finite amount of money, sorta.

The idea of this sort of thing that the activist types don't feel super comfortable admitting openly is that what they REALLY want is to provoke the state into being as evil as possible until people stop tolerating them.

It's similar to the concept of "Bleeding the beast" where Mormons sign up for every welfare penny they can get in hopes of bankrupting the state.

*Shrug*

Personally, I don't think that that method works. I'm mainly a fan of explaining that government is evil and showing it. Cameras are good.

Problem is the Gubmint don't care.  They may fire a scapegoat that was dumb enough to get caught on tape.  They my "publicly" change a policy but there is an administrative work around or new regulation to basically keep it the same but with a new name.

Cameras will just get you arrested too.  Then you have to decide to take the deal or drain them for every dollar you can.

The pressure being put on the town is already showing.  They have stopped ticketing some cars as they know they will pay more to get a guilty verdict in court than the ticket is worth.  Pressure can work but you need to pick where you apply it and make sure you have enough people that the pressure would be real.  1 person can't apply enough but 100 can.

LTKoblinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2011, 07:44:32 PM »

Simple ordinance: If you're found guilty, you pay court costs. Also, the poor sap who got let go before because he was on his way to church or some BS is now facing an almost 100% ticket guarantee, making the state more onerous to more people. To me, it's a bit like agent provocateur (sp?) in the other direction.  Then again, no pain, no gain, right? 
I think Shaw is right on about provoking the state (like I just said ^). The problem is that the eventual path here is revolution, probably violent which is bad for a majority of the population a majority of the time.

My wife's new site. Covers fashion, motherhood, our journey to NH, and soon activism.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2011, 10:31:30 PM »

Cameras will just get you arrested too. 

Not if you don't get caught.

Then you have to decide to take the deal or drain them for every dollar you can.

Or you don't get caught.

Seriously, don't get caught.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 03, 2011, 11:11:18 PM »

I agree.

People need to start being more creative in their ways of screwing with the law on the sly.

I practice it whenever an opportunity arises.

I have a friend who refuses to comply with the mandatory auto insurance laws, for example. He scanned a copy of someone elses card, changed a few key numbers, added his name and different expiration date, then laminated it. Looks professional. He's used it numerous times when getting pulled over. Cops just glance at it and give it back to you anyway. They just wanna see the card. He saves himself some cash and nobody is the wiser.

I know its not much, but its just one example, albeit not the smartest thing in the world in the off chance that you do get in an accident, but its something.

velojym

• Mostly Harmless
  • Existence is Theft!!! *drool*
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 03, 2011, 11:45:05 PM »

I'd tend to agree, but look at Greece. They're bankrupt yet they still somehow have cash to pay the riot police.

Also, by the time they fall, I'm pretty sure they'll do their best to drag the rest of us down with 'em.
We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force.
-Ayn Rand

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 03, 2011, 11:50:22 PM »

Also, by the time they fall, I'm pretty sure they'll do their best to drag the rest of us down with 'em.

No need to drag the US down really. This country already suffers from the same disease that Greece is dealing with.

We'll do just fine fuckin' things up on our own, but yeah, you're right, Greece holding their hands out to everyone should speed it up a bit.

Riddler

« Reply #114 on: July 04, 2011, 01:13:51 PM »

after you........
niggas got WAYY more bullets than you , rambo

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 04, 2011, 02:12:55 PM »

after you........

Why's it gotta be loud, and hard? Planting marijuana seeds everywhere in your county can tie up hundreds of man-hours of police.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 04, 2011, 02:15:28 PM »

after you........

Why's it gotta be loud, and hard? Planting marijuana seeds everywhere in your county can tie up hundreds of man-hours of police.
i agree........... silent chaos

Riddler

« Reply #117 on: July 04, 2011, 02:33:51 PM »

Why's it gotta be loud, and hard?

that's wut yo momma keep axin me....
anyway, THEY want it ''loud & hard'' nigga
get mo funds nex year fo the riot van.....full-auto shit

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 04, 2011, 02:35:17 PM »

i agree........... silent chaos

What else you got in mind? The other big thing I got to thinking is doing other peoples taxes for them. The IRS can't break down everyones door, and its a total clusterfuck of their resources to audit everyone.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #119 on: July 04, 2011, 09:47:12 PM »

The government doesnt need to be replaced violently. Violent revolutions lead to a violent government replacing it (I think Kropotkin might have talked about that). Revolutions work better if they are peaceful and replace the government services with functional new ones immediately. Thats where agorism & voluntarism comes in.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  MEGA DRAMA IN KEENE - SELF IMMOLATION AT KEENE COURTHOUSE

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.