Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Mama Ally rebuttle.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mama Ally rebuttle.  (Read 24206 times)

Riddler

Re: Mama Ally rebuttle.
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2011, 09:40:03 AM »

Yup.  That's why I don't stutter when I refer to it, and they can kiss my ass if they don't like hearing the word itself.

woah, woah, woah
stop the fucking presses!!!!!!

do my eyes deceive me?

this CAN'T be the same ken that spearheaded the great, drawn-out racial shit-storm wars of '09-10, right here on this bbs can it?

ken admits to using the word ''nigger/nigga''?

is this some sort of superman's bizarro-world thing going on here?

or pod-people of southern extraction have taken over ken??????

this is one of the great revelations of 2011..........................

Riddler

« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2011, 09:42:38 AM »

When I use the word "nigger" it is typically used the same way you would use "dude". Probably because I listen to a lot of rap.

ehhh.......you're not sposed to add the ''er'', like you were a good ol' boy from mississippee
we ( my rap-star frenz included), use the more friendly ''NIGG-A''
niggaz
nigs
niggah

you get it
Nigger please. I use proper English.
Proper english woudl be "Nigger,  please."

see, the brutha gets down on your ''proper english'' bullshit.
that ''ER'' at the end is a throw down, holmes. might as well be wearin' a white hood when you say it.     dig?
i heard some niggas, somewheres, say it so

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2011, 09:32:22 PM »

this topic of race.

How many races are there?

The amount that most individuals segregate themselves into. That self-segregation sort of trumps the science that there is no such things as race (if that's what you were gettin' at, dunno if you were).

Being a stay at home dad, I watch a few PBS shows often. Thomas the train & Curious George are pretty good actually. Most of the others go out of their way to include representatives of the "major" races..

This stuff has been swimming around in my head for awhile now & I guess this is a good as place as any to post it..

Sid the Science Kid:

Sid seems to be Latino but I think his Mom is black. He rates a 0 on the "typical" Latino scale though, so they're pretty much representing white culture but in a Latino wrapper.

The pink kid represents the whites, as does the redhead. The Asian character is kind of stereotypical, being quiet and shy.

Calliou:

Calliou, who seems to be Canadian and rates a perfect 10 on the whiteness scale (mostly because he seems to be very timid and helpless) has a best pal in the neighborhood, a black girl. Makes perfect sense and all right? The black girl rates a 2 on the blackness scale, and that's just thanks to her hairstyle. Otherwise she seems like another representative for whitey, but she comes in a black wrapper.

Don't recall seeing the Asian girl on there.. or maybe that's a representation of a Thai Lady-Boy, another category of culture that is sorely lacking in children's television programming. Hat tip to the Bowie reference in the cat though.

The Cat in the Hat:

Did Suess ever feature black people in his books? PBS says that it's about time the black race was fairly represented! So they introduced a black kid who scores a 1 on the blackness scale, for his puffy hair. He seems to be a "high-yella" black, so maybe that's why he seems to be yet another representative of white culture wrapped in a black wrapper.

Interesting to note that the vehicle in which the children ride along with the Cat is called the "Thingamajigger". That's a close call and I'm sure it causes more folks than just me a little discomfort whenever I hear that word. I'm not sure if it's a new code-word for mulatto or not, but I find it a bit risque.

SuperWhy:

Obviously it's the pig that represents the white male in this show. From left to right, the color palette deepens until we reach that fine ebony princess on the end, cause we all know the stories about ebony princesses. Not sure why there are no African fairly tales to draw reference from. It would seem that if a representative from each race was required, the least they could do would be to give that representative some significant historical or cultural reference for that character to draw from, for the sake of "diversity" - which is what this representation is all about isn't it?
Unless the goal is to actually eliminate diversity altogether, eh?

As the hue deepens, the whiteness score increases for these characters.. they too seem to encompass white culture wrapped up in a diverse spectrum of fleshtones.

Between the Lions:

Even though these are puppets, it's clear that the mother figure in this one is an educated hardcore liberal.. and black. Check out those African bracelets and stuff. In fact I think the whole family scores an 8 on the blackness scale! Unfortunately this representation of a somewhat authentic black culture is diluted by the fact that these are puppets of animals. Why, PBS, is it so hard to represent black culture with black humanoid animated characters?

Clifford:

Everybody knows what's on everyone's minds when they watch Clifford the Big Red Dog.. they're wondering how big Clifford's Big Red Rocket is!

If the size of this Afro-centric character's dreadlocks is any indication of his African-sized genitals, then our little white character is safe from harm for a few more years yet.

The black kid and T-Bone the dog score about a 5 on the blackness scale. T-Bone seems to be more black, and he's awesome.

Martha Speaks:

One of the things in that photo is not like the others.. and it ain't Martha the Talking Dog!

Some people claim that these children were adopted. I don't think so. Ethnic kids are what you get when you want to feel good about saving a child, and these kids are totally white.

Is this the housekeeper taking a break from her chores & hanging out with her masters on the couch? I don't think so. I think it's a ploy by PBS to dilute what remains of the black culture by inserting this poor woman into a household that definitely must seem foreign to her. Word of the day: REPARATIONS!

Wordgirl:

Can it really be any more obvious?

Having an obvious Latina as the main character is certainly progressive. Having a monkey as a sidekick sets us back 20 years, at least, in the fight for fairness in the representation of black people.

Neither character scores very high on the scale of blackness, no matter how funky that monkey dances.

Aurthur:

Chasing the White Rabbit? Why is the white rabbit in the middle of this picture? Especially considering this is AURTHUR's show, why is the white character prominently featured as the central character? Could it be that this is finally PBS' way of throwing white people a scrap here?

No characters come close to scoring at all on the blackness scale here. Maybe Winky because he is sometimes a crass bully, but we won't "go there". Just more white culture wrapped up in the guise of diversity.

Cyberchase:

What's that... red-haired white male?! ARE YOU SURE WE AREN'T WATCHING FOX?!!

My favorite...

The Electric Company:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaDTKEHrZZA[/youtube]

This white boy, in flannel no less, seems only able to communicate in little "clicks", "clacks", and "bleeps". Therefore he scores at the top of the blackness scale because of his ability to continue the traditional speaking patterns of many of our African ancestry. Finally, something truly African, so true to it in fact that I'm able to overlook the fact that he is melanin deficient and give him full credit for keeping it real. This piece is truly a bomb that is not on any hooks, and similarly, devoid of any chains.

In closing, if there is no such thing as "race", we are doing a poor job of getting this message to our children.

And, if there is in fact such a thing as "race" currently.. then with this programming, there certainly won't be for long!

« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 09:39:28 PM by hellbilly »
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Riddler

« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2011, 10:12:42 AM »

i don't remember any white folk on the fat albert cartoon
prolly jus tha poli man

blackie

« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2011, 12:44:34 PM »

Three. Mongoloid, Negroid and Caucasoid. That is what I was taught in public school.

blackie

« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2011, 12:59:05 PM »

Aurthur:

Chasing the White Rabbit? Why is the white rabbit in the middle of this picture? Especially considering this is AURTHUR's show, why is the white character prominently featured as the central character? Could it be that this is finally PBS' way of throwing white people a scrap here?
They even gave Buster his own show! Postcards from Buster. White Power! I learned about Jews not mixing milk and meat from that show. They visited some super Jews in NYC, and they had separate sinks for milk and meat.

Francine is the token Jew on Aurthur. I'm not sure if anyone else has a religion. I think she is specifically of Polish-Jewish decent. She probably wouldn't qualify as a Jew to the Conservative/Orthodox Jews.

No characters come close to scoring at all on the blackness scale here. Maybe Winky because he is sometimes a crass bully, but we won't "go there". Just more white culture wrapped up in the guise of diversity.
You mean Binky Barnes.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2011, 01:03:09 PM »

Yup.  That's why I don't stutter when I refer to it, and they can kiss my ass if they don't like hearing the word itself.

woah, woah, woah
stop the fucking presses!!!!!!

do my eyes deceive me?

this CAN'T be the same ken that spearheaded the great, drawn-out racial shit-storm wars of '09-10, right here on this bbs can it?

ken admits to using the word ''nigger/nigga''?

is this some sort of superman's bizarro-world thing going on here?

or pod-people of southern extraction have taken over ken??????

this is one of the great revelations of 2011..........................

I freely and unabashedly use the word "nigger" as a reference to people calling people niggers.  Calling people niggers is despicable.  I don't say "n-word."  I'm still not stuttering.

Riddler

« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2011, 02:02:54 PM »

sorry ken
i gathered from the roustabout we all had back then, that you'd even have trouble typing it
my take is all
mi dispiace (italian....spelling might be off)

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2011, 03:43:11 PM »

White Power!

:)

You mean Binky Barnes.

You know your shit dude.

I think it was an Aurthur show where I saw a kid go visit his dad in prison. It wasn't a carton, these were real people on a real visit to a real prison to see someone's real dad who really was locked up.

At first I thought that was sinking to a new low. After thinking about it though, it's really a great thing. It's the one instance I can name where black people were represented in a true way. Sounds like I'm being a dick, but I'm not. How many black kids must there be out there who's parents are in the hoosegow? If black culture were represented in a more realistic way such as that visit to prison, then people may be able to deal with the topic of race in a more realistic way... as opposed to what's predominantly done now, which is to have a black cartoon character who's blackness ends in it's coloring.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Mama Ally rebuttle.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.