Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Mama Ally rebuttle.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Mama Ally rebuttle.  (Read 24202 times)

alaric89

• View Profile
Re: Mama Ally rebuttle.
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2011, 08:11:16 AM »

Have a simmer, whilst I spin a yarn for you.

Suppose you have a husband who you think is the greatest in all the land. I happen to agree with you that, yes, this indeed a fine specimen of gentlemanhood.

Suppose further that I happen to see your husband out one night carousing with other men - twisting their nipples and slapping asses - in an elementary school parking lot. Nothing horrible, not hurting anyone, of course. But I decide to tell you about it. You say 'whatever' and forget about it.

Suppose that a couple weeks later, I see him out again flashing his genitals at old ladies with grandchildren. No NAP violation certainly, but it still makes me ill at ease. So now I decide to inform you of this episode. This time he overhears me tell you about it. Instead of reflecting upon his uncouth behavior, he goes all crazy, what-with calling my house, posting notices, calling names, making ambiguous threats regarding his boys at his dogfighting club.

So what do you do? Well you call me the instigator, of course. I am the one who escalated this situation by reporting facts. None of this would have ever happened if I hadn't opened my mouth. You would have never had to know any of this unpleasantness. You would never have to listen to an upset husband.

After having a long night of spooning, you convince him to make a public, what you call, 'apology'. It goes something like, "I apologize to any person or extraterrestrial I may have ever hurt in this or any former life because I had no idea." Well, clearly I don't accept this non-apology and in return request publicly that he stay physically away from me, since his aggressive outbursts are seemingly unpredictable and dangerous to my person.

Then how do you respond? Oh, that I am the one who will not let this go. I am the one who will not forgive. I am the one is being ridiculous. I am "bullying" your husband by asking him to stay physically away from me.

Done.

So, in conclusion:
1) quoting someone word-for-word, even screen-shotting, is "bullying"
2) restating facts with extreme spin so as to eliminate all relevance is "unbiased"
3) passive aggression is "apology"

Oh and one other thing. "Niggers are stupid because they used to be slaves" gets a pass, while Jeebus in heaven fucking save us now if someone dares claim "Hispanics are more likely, on average, to have big rims on their cars"?

Has my husband been under tons of stress during both incidents and under intense pressure from the state up to and including the taking of his children as this story is being told? If He was a good guy before, I think I would let stuff slide, yeah.
I say stupid shit under duress.
If I heard only the Dog incident, and that first, I might be more judgemental of Mama Ally. As it is, the party Mama Ally may have insulted pushed this "racist" accusation first, which started at a point where I wouldn't use sound mind judgemental standards on Mama Ally. It was the open assault on her character, instead of saying the bad things that happened at Porcfest, that made me choose the side I did.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2011, 08:18:19 AM »

Good argument!  Makes sense to me too Alaric.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2011, 08:35:57 AM »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF1NUposXVQ[/youtube]
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

blackie

« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2011, 08:42:08 AM »

What's a better replacement term?

I'm asking this sincerely.
What is the definition of the term you would like a replacement for?

It's quite a broad definition really, and one which seems to remain in a certain state of flux as far as acceptability or inappropriateness is concerned. But lets be honest. Assuming all present are rational adults with no emotional attachment to this argument whatsoever, I can justifiably narrow the focus of your requested definition down to a singular phrase: "Yo Mama".

Interesting for you to note blackie.. I've realized that I am not a "realist", but a "rationalist" instead on this topic of race.
When I use the word "nigger" it is typically used the same way you would use "dude". Probably because I listen to a lot of rap.

I noticed that mama ally calls herself a realist.

Sovereign Curtis

• View Profile
    • http://porcfest.com
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2011, 10:22:26 AM »

Have a simmer, whilst I spin a yarn for you.

Suppose you have a husband who you think is the greatest in all the land. I happen to agree with you that, yes, this indeed a fine specimen of gentlemanhood.

Suppose further that I happen to see your husband out one night carousing with other men - twisting their nipples and slapping asses - in an elementary school parking lot. Nothing horrible, not hurting anyone, of course. But I decide to tell you about it. You say 'whatever' and forget about it.

Suppose that a couple weeks later, I see him out again flashing his genitals at old ladies with grandchildren. No NAP violation certainly, but it still makes me ill at ease. So now I decide to inform you of this episode. This time he overhears me tell you about it. Instead of reflecting upon his uncouth behavior, he goes all crazy, what-with calling my house, posting notices, calling names, making ambiguous threats regarding his boys at his dogfighting club.

So what do you do? Well you call me the instigator, of course. I am the one who escalated this situation by reporting facts. None of this would have ever happened if I hadn't opened my mouth. You would have never had to know any of this unpleasantness. You would never have to listen to an upset husband.

After having a long night of spooning, you convince him to make a public, what you call, 'apology'. It goes something like, "I apologize to any person or extraterrestrial I may have ever hurt in this or any former life because I had no idea." Well, clearly I don't accept this non-apology and in return request publicly that he stay physically away from me, since his aggressive outbursts are seemingly unpredictable and dangerous to my person.

Then how do you respond? Oh, that I am the one who will not let this go. I am the one who will not forgive. I am the one is being ridiculous. I am "bullying" your husband by asking him to stay physically away from me.

Done.

So, in conclusion:
1) quoting someone word-for-word, even screen-shotting, is "bullying"
2) restating facts with extreme spin so as to eliminate all relevance is "unbiased"
3) passive aggression is "apology"

Oh and one other thing. "Niggers are stupid because they used to be slaves" gets a pass, while Jeebus in heaven fucking save us now if someone dares claim "Hispanics are more likely, on average, to have big rims on their cars"?

Has my husband been under tons of stress during both incidents and under intense pressure from the state up to and including the taking of his children as this story is being told? If He was a good guy before, I think I would let stuff slide, yeah.
I say stupid shit under duress.
If I heard only the Dog incident, and that first, I might be more judgemental of Mama Ally. As it is, the party Mama Ally may have insulted pushed this "racist" accusation first, which started at a point where I wouldn't use sound mind judgemental standards on Mama Ally. It was the open assault on her character, instead of saying the bad things that happened at Porcfest, that made me choose the side I did.

Eh, lemme just do my little part to shut down this "they waiting until she was IN JAIL meme"

That is not the case. This started at PorcFest. I was there. They attempted to pull me away from my important duties to speak about this drama.
Maybe I should have, but whatever, I didnt. I heard then of the conflict. I heard of it just after PorcFest. It was a big deal then, too.
THEN I heard about the 'racist' screen cap, when THAT happened. There was no strategic holding back of information.
When it happened, it most certainly was brought to my attention.

So, NO, the events were reported as they happened. I'm sorry if you learned about the 'racist' posts first, but you just jumped in the middle, is all.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2011, 11:56:39 AM »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF1NUposXVQ[/youtube]

Yup.  That's why I don't stutter when I refer to it, and they can kiss my ass if they don't like hearing the word itself.  I'm of the Lenny Bruce crowd in that regard.

However, the audacity of deliberately using the fighting word in its classic negative connotation, then repeating it in defense of using it in the first place is too much to excuse, particularly in context of all the other things.  This is not to prejudge the dog situation, or other hearsay matters.

Riddler

« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2011, 02:36:25 PM »

When I use the word "nigger" it is typically used the same way you would use "dude". Probably because I listen to a lot of rap.

ehhh.......you're not sposed to add the ''er'', like you were a good ol' boy from mississippee
we ( my rap-star frenz included), use the more friendly ''NIGG-A''
niggaz
nigs
niggah

you get it

PercyPeabody

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2011, 04:40:24 PM »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_4GYlhqm3s[/youtube]

It's all a reality show mashup.   A Hells Kitchen meets Jersey Shore and hosted by Jerry Springer thang, ain't it?  

(shakes head.  chuckles.  turns on Glen Beck.)  

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2011, 04:54:06 PM »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_4GYlhqm3s[/youtube]

It's all a reality show mashup.   A Hells Kitchen meets Jersey Shore and hosted by Jerry Springer thang, ain't it?  

(shakes head.  chuckles.  turns on Glen Beck.)  

That was awesome!  You're so creative- hope you get paid for your talents!

Sovereign Curtis

• View Profile
    • http://porcfest.com
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2011, 05:53:16 PM »

Holy crap that was awesome

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2011, 10:41:08 PM »

Truly amazing good sir!  I also like that you pointed out the flier'ing inconsistency lol.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Riddler

« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2011, 01:06:21 AM »

so....not to rewind this whole fucking trauma-town affair...
this all started cuz some ''dog-person'' (we all know them...they have to take precious EVERY-FUCKING-WHERE they go.....''they're my children'')
someone serving food to the public doesn't dig on ball-licking, shit/piss in front of your food tent, so everyone can wade thru it?
is this the crux of it?
i understand foul language may have been used, but if this is dog-douches crusade, i'd take another look.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2011, 03:45:41 AM »

Both Parties had dogs.
This is about liberty people who wish to have high standards for the people who would help them towards their goals vs. nonjudgmental big tent liberty lovers who want peaceful acceptance of free thought and speech.
You know, ostracism towards bad behaviour vs. positive reinforcement persuasion.
Smart and elite vs practical and open.
At least the people defending one or the other. Neither party of the actual players has exactly been saint like.
That cartoon sums it up nicely, although slightly skewed against Mama Ally. It neglected to mention Mama's leagal trouble, which she got because she tried her hand at being the next Sam-I-Am, and that everything came to light after her arrest. I thought the wolf in sheep's clothing simile was a little unfair when the arrest is factored in.

blackie

« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2011, 09:09:53 AM »

ehhh.......you're not sposed to add the ''er'', like you were a good ol' boy from mississippee
niggaz
nigs
niggah

you get it
Nigger please. I use proper English.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2011, 09:26:35 AM »

niggaz
nigs
niggah

you get it
Nigger please. I use proper English.
Proper english would be "Nigger,  please."
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 10:32:06 AM by quickmike »
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Mama Ally rebuttle.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 32 queries.