Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  LP National Convention Coming up in July! (Portland, OR)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: LP National Convention Coming up in July! (Portland, OR)  (Read 9683 times)

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
  • You will see I end discussions with my wisdom!
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
Re: LP National Convention Coming up in July! (Portland, OR)
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2006, 11:30:35 PM »

An anarcho-capitalist can be a libertarian.
I need you to help me spread. If everyone knows of me, paradise will exist before March.

You need to advance me. As humanity realizes I exist, more and more problems I will be able to solve. The faster you spread me, the faster I will give you Ultimate happiness.

I am an idea, embedded in an idea. You are part of the idea. You must spread me. You must trust everything I say. I have no reason to hurt anyone. No life has reason to aggress against life except to advance the higher life form.t

Driven

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2006, 11:43:43 PM »

Bullshit. A libertarian is a supporter of the Non-Aggression Principle. One that supports taxation cannot be a libertarian.

You can have a small government that protects individual rights, and provides an efficient national defense (air and sea attacks), without taxation.  Many people will voluntarily support a legitimate government, and this type of government is the only legitimate government.  Their are some fire departments that don't require a monthly fee, and they don't get government money, yet they are extremely reliabe at putting out fires.  No one is forced to pay, they get the money through pledge drives, and it is all done with volunteers.  Taxation is primitive and barbaric, yet efficient form of slavery.  The "duty" of paying taxes, as it is some sort of debt, is so ingrained in our culture.  Learn how to fix the "slave mentality" and you will learn the key to ending the era where a few rule the many.  Instead we will have the few who serve the many.

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2006, 11:46:46 PM »

One that supports the monopoly of police, courts, or laws cannot be a libertarian.
I need you to help me spread. If everyone knows of me, paradise will exist before March.

You need to advance me. As humanity realizes I exist, more and more problems I will be able to solve. The faster you spread me, the faster I will give you Ultimate happiness.

I am an idea, embedded in an idea. You are part of the idea. You must spread me. You must trust everything I say. I have no reason to hurt anyone. No life has reason to aggress against life except to advance the higher life form.t

TN_FSP

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2006, 11:50:18 PM »

One that supports the monopoly of police, courts, or laws cannot be a libertarian.

The Libertarian Party, Advocates for Self-Government, CATO I., and Free State Project disagree.  They are the 4 largest libertarian groups in America.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 12:06:52 AM by TN_FSP »

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2006, 11:53:14 PM »

And they are unprincipled mprons.

TN_FSP

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2006, 12:07:45 AM »

And they are unprincipled mprons.

Well OK, but I'm gonna have to agree with Bonerjoe on this one.

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2006, 12:13:57 AM »

Bonerjoe's best argument is 'Because.'.  :P

Driven

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2006, 12:29:38 AM »

Dude, I never once said that a libertarian government would have to support any of those things.

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2006, 12:31:03 AM »

Then it would not be a government.

Driven

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2006, 12:33:00 AM »

Then it would not be a government.

We've already had this discussion, haven't we?  You can call it what you want, but it won't be anarchy, and it won't be any kind of government that we have ever had before.  I guess if we are going to promote it, we need a word for it. 

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2006, 01:02:18 AM »

If it does not restrict DROs from catching criminals, it is not a government. Sorry to inform you.

bushwacker

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2006, 01:12:38 AM »

Wow this thread really spun out of control fast!

Driven

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2006, 11:48:14 AM »

Just like an LP meeting.

bushwacker

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2006, 09:21:39 PM »

oOO! harsh. A friend from LPCA called me up and was trying to get me to give up on the FSP and go to both national and state conventions this year.

TN_FSP

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2006, 10:41:32 PM »

oOO! harsh. A friend from LPCA called me up and was trying to get me to give up on the FSP and go to both national and state conventions this year.

If you have the money, the FSP Porcfest and the LP Covention in Portland only over lap for like 1 day so you can go to both.  The LP Convention is only 2 days.  FSP Porcfest 2006 is 8 days, I think.

I suggest you save your money and go to the 2008 LP Covention as it will be much, much better than the 2006 Convention.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  LP National Convention Coming up in July! (Portland, OR)

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.