Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Loud sounds and annoyances.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loud sounds and annoyances.  (Read 3470 times)

slayerboy

• Untitled
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Loud sounds and annoyances.
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2010, 11:45:12 PM »

1PM: trying to sleep so I can be awake at work tonight

1:30PM: neighbor fires up chainsaw and starts cutting down what seems like 10 trees.

3PM I finally fall asleep after tossing and turning because the chainsaw is annoying as fuck when i'm trying to sleep.

Try working night shift and sleeping during the day.  You get a whole new perspective on how to live with noise and trying to sleep.  Unless the shit is intentional, they aren't harming anyone.  Obviously, if it was intentional day after day, you could bring the problem up to them and try to work it out.  Just let people live.  if it gets to the point where it starts hurting property values, then the community as a whole has a legit gripe, until then it's really just an annoyance and should be ignored to keep peace. :)

alaric89

• View Profile
Re: Loud sounds and annoyances.
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2010, 03:15:51 AM »

Very well put. I would just add it's the shot of pissed off adrenalin that keeps people awake, not the noise. I try and remember that most loud noises are not out of malice. People generally don't care enough about me to try and piss me off.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Loud sounds and annoyances.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.