Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Looking for good liberty audio books
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for good liberty audio books  (Read 3596 times)

razorboi

Re: Looking for good liberty audio books
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2009, 09:28:51 AM »

Wow now that is a very bad precedent. If they can make it illegal to read out loud. Just imagine all the fathers that are going to be law breakers when they read bedtime stories to their kids.

And or if you wanted to volunteer to read at a library for an audience of children. You'll have to charge a fee, and a tax and more than likely sign up for a business license

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2009, 10:06:09 AM »

Wow now that is a very bad precedent. If they can make it illegal to read out loud. Just imagine all the fathers that are going to be law breakers when they read bedtime stories to their kids.

And or if you wanted to volunteer to read at a library for an audience of children. You'll have to charge a fee, and a tax and more than likely sign up for a business license

One of my volunteer things at the elementary school for the past three years has been reading to two classes each week. We'd read a couple chapters each week, and get through 2-4 books during the school year. It's too bad I didn't know I should have been charging the kids...
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2009, 07:26:46 PM »

"Human Action" on audio?  :shock:

Don't listen to this while driving!
Oddly, I'm listening to Human Action while going around town on my bike. Maybe I'm just a weirdo, but I find deep reads great for focusing. Especially the sections where he lays out Ricardo's coordination theorems.
I hear thunder but there's no rain, this kind of thunder breaks walls and window pane

akaPoorRichard

• a more perfect union
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 10:37:34 PM »

Rainman says, "definitely Bastiat, The Law"
Keith in PA

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 11:32:27 PM »

"Human Action" on audio?  :shock:

Don't listen to this while driving!
Oddly, I'm listening to Human Action while going around town on my bike. Maybe I'm just a weirdo, but I find deep reads great for focusing. Especially the sections where he lays out Ricardo's coordination theorems.

I like to "save up" the Human Action chapters until there's like 4 hours' worth of them and then listen to them at work around the time that it starts getting really dull. Great for engaging the mind while doing drudge work.

I also listened to The Ethics of Liberty, For a New Liberty, and Conceived in Liberty at work. Without which experience I might still be struggling to finally reject the state.

Also, Garet Garrett's book The Driver was just read by Riggenbach and released as Mises audio. It's sort of a proto-Atlas Shrugged, and I frankly enjoyed it more.
I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Looking for good liberty audio books

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.