Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Liberty T-shirts
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Liberty T-shirts  (Read 8834 times)

Porcupine_in_MA

Re: Liberty T-shirts
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2008, 11:03:36 AM »

You didn't answer my question.

Kupotek

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2008, 11:06:00 AM »

Ask a question worth responding to.  Listing other services and asking if they're services, isn't exactly a question.
What are you really trying to ask me?

Porcupine_in_MA

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2008, 11:09:49 AM »

Krupotek - "If everyone did not pay a small amount to make all those benefits possible they would not exist. "

Porcupine - "Like grocery stores? Like telephone services?"

So if EVERYONE didn't pay a little bit for grocery stores or telephone services, they wouldn't exist?

Kupotek

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2008, 11:10:28 AM »

Krupotek - "If everyone did not pay a small amount to make all those benefits possible they would not exist. "

Porcupine - "Like grocery stores? Like telephone services?"

So if EVERYONE didn't pay a little bit for grocery stores or telephone services, they wouldn't exist?

If taxes paid for them to exist, and no one paid taxes... how would they exist?

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2008, 11:14:31 AM »

Kupotek, pick the most abhorrent issue you have with the government....This should not be difficult at all unless you think morality is whatever the politicians say it is...

Right now you are being FORCED to fund that through taxes.

How is that not slavery?

Pocho

Kupotek

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2008, 11:16:52 AM »

Kupotek, pick the most abhorrent issue you have with the government....This should not be difficult at all unless you think morality is whatever the politicians say it is...

How is that not slavery?

I pay taxes and what those taxes are used for are not always good. 
There will always be corrupt leaders no matter what type of society you live within.
It's not slavery  but rather irresponsible and corrupt, it shows that things do need to change,
but it doesn't mean things are black and white and we're suddenly slaves, this is generalizing the issue
to the point of ridiculousness.

Porcupine_in_MA

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2008, 11:18:48 AM »

If taxes paid for them to exist, and no one paid taxes... how would they exist?

So you honestly think that before government had monopoly over some services that they did not exist? I asked you about grocery stores and telephone service which require no taxation to exist, as examples. So everyone has to pay for those services or they wouldn't exist? That is just false.

Zat

• View Profile
    • Just a photo gallery
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2008, 11:20:26 AM »

There will always be corrupt leaders no matter what type of society you live within.
It's not slavery  but rather irresponsible and corrupt, it shows that things do need to change,
but it doesn't mean things are black and white and we're suddenly slaves, this is generalizing the issue

Okay then : Taxation = Involuntary Servitude

Kupotek

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2008, 11:21:38 AM »

So let's say taxes were not mandatory.  Now where is the money coming from to pay for all these services?

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2008, 11:26:43 AM »

How is that not slavery?

So how can you support it by paying for it. Are your morals so shallow that if 51% of the people in the world decided it is the right thing to do you will automatically roll over and participate in it?
Pocho

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2008, 11:28:53 AM »

So let's say taxes were not mandatory.  Now where is the money coming from to pay for all these services?
People who use the services would pay for them. If there is a market demand, then there is profit to be made. individuals in search of profit would provide them in an efficient mannor.
Pocho

Porcupine_in_MA

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2008, 11:32:24 AM »

Like I explained above. Grocery stores and telephone services exist without government intervention and taxation. There is a market so individuals provide them for everyone. There are so many grocery stores in my home town, I never have to worry about food or other items. There is so many cell phone and landline telephone services that I never have to worry about getting a provider.
 In many parts of New Hampshire (my home state) the trash is picked up only by private companies. Somehow all the trash gets picked up.

Kupotek

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2008, 11:33:04 AM »

Okay that makes sense.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Liberty T-shirts

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.