Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Liberty Dollar Found GUILTY
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Liberty Dollar Found GUILTY  (Read 14412 times)

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
Re: Liberty Dollar Found GUILTY
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 06:44:39 PM »

Respect - possibly.

Trust - no.

I want the copy of my house keys I gave to you back then.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Alex Libman

• View Profile
    • libman.org
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 07:22:58 PM »

I want my wasted nerdy youth back, but I'd settle for getting this thread back the way it was before we hijacked it...  :roll:

It's just that things like this make me very angry...  Just when I'm about to convince myself to end the insanity, settle with the IRS, get a decent job, get a decent apartment (instead of a room I can pay for with cash and no paperwork), and limit my philosophical efforts to what little time I'll have left... save up some money for seasteading, etc...  but then, WHAM!...  This reminder that you can't win that way!  Just like I was ready to quit a few years ago, but the FLDS crackdown pushed me deeper down the rabbit hole.  They will change their own rules however they see fit, they will impose a world government to end all intergovernmental competition, etc, etc, etc...  And the way it makes me feel is that I'd rather rot in prison...  Even if I'll have no emotional support from anyone and the whole world will remember me a troll...

Anyway, latest headlines on Drudge:

« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 09:25:16 PM by /sbin/libmand »

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 05:36:08 PM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140525545953+

Liberty dollars are going for quite the premium now.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 09:03:24 PM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140525545953+

Liberty dollars are going for quite the premium now.

Careful, that's terrorism.

BonerJoe

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, 11:33:11 PM »

I got one of the NH ones as soon as the guilty verdict came. $44 shipped.

yamnuska

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2011, 12:30:08 AM »

It doesn't even make sense.  How in the hell could they be counterfeit?  They look nothing like US dollars!

That just means they're badly-done counterfeiting.  They used dollar signs and certainly implied that they were valid U.S. currency.  If I'm looking to use an alternate currency, I sure as Hell don't want a dollar sign on it.  Seems to miss the point.

As an alternative currency product, Liberty Dollars suck ass.  It's like they set out to make an alternative but didn't want to make it TOO much better than FRNs.  The model seemed to appeal to the activist nature of people to want to train others to accept alternate currency in a manner that failed to take advantage of silver's ability to hedge against inflation.  You know, probably the MAIN biggest reason to use alternate currency in the first place?

"We're going to put dollar signs on these so you can trick naive people into thinking they're legal currency and that will get people used to the idea alternate currencies after lots of these are in regular circulation.  (And they had tips on how to deceive people without technically saying any outright lies.)  Meanwhile, as FRNs get devalued, we'll take your Liberty Dollars and swap them out for coins with an upgraded FRN value (for a nice fee! Yum!)"

So all the while, they sell them at an insane markup over spot, and part of the justification was it might someday be necessary to make a lot of money to cover legal fees.  So legal fees were supposedly built into the business model.  Of course, they asked for donations when that time came-- selective memory.

All that said, I still didn't want them to lose.  The proper "punishment" for their exploitative and deception-based racket would have been for them to ultimately fail in a free(r) market.  I would have tried to spur a campaign of enlightenment and counter-propaganda.  When someone tried to buy something from me with one, I'd offer them silver value plus a reasonable coinage rate for them, ignoring the dollar signs stamped on the coin (the bad counterfeiting).  When they complain that they paid way more than that for it, I'd say "then you're a dumbass".

I agree, the worst part is that anything deemed "liberty" friendly used to cost 800000000 times more than the same product not deemed "liberty" friendly. I'm thinking especially of MRE's, seeds, silver, gold etc. But hey, if there are enough dumbass so called libertarians out there who'll pay through the nose for shit, then, hey, fuck them, it's their own fault for being so stupid. I have no doubt that if there had been another "liberty" dollar competing directly with Von Nuthouses currency then Von Nuthouse would have thrown his rattle out of the crib and gone and cried to mommy government. Lately there has been some competition with stuff and prices have come down, not that I would buy, for some reason I have always found liberty stuff sold by liberty people to be shit, porcfest and products in the NH free state being the exception to that, as well as the mises institute, they gots dem some good books.

BKO

• FTL unAMPlifier Aluminum
  • Death is only the beginning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2011, 04:08:31 AM »

According to their own wording of the "law", anybody who actually bought the Liberty Dollars are also susceptible to being charged with counterfeiting...or terrorism, or whatever else they can trump up.

This is a disgusting fucking nation these days. Folks need to seriously wake up and clean house.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2011, 09:36:14 PM »

I got one of the NH ones as soon as the guilty verdict came. $44 shipped.

Bonerjoe you are an epic entrepreneur. I wish I knew when to think ahead like you do. Hopefully experience will bring that wisdom.

Edit: Just checked ebay, the cheapest one is $10 premium over spot.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 09:45:10 PM by anarchir »

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2011, 03:24:37 AM »

Free Staters can kiss my ass.  No one deserves my trust.

Good attitude. Anyone who learns your real name - kill them. And make sure you only have sex with bind prostitutes so they won't be able to identify you. The Man is unbelievably resourceful. His agents are everywhere, even in your coffee mugs.
I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!

Alex Libman

• View Profile
    • libman.org
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2011, 04:05:39 AM »

I do not endorse this thread hijacking.

And everyone already knows my real name.

Although being asexual and only drinking water is a good idea anyhow.  :roll:

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2011, 08:07:29 AM »

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/apr/03/bogus-coins-bullion-seized-in-cda-become-focus-of/

More news on it, but lets count the number of times this article shows its bias:

“We never refer to the American Liberty as a coin,” von NotHaus told The Spokesman-Review in 1999. “The word ‘coin’ is a government-controlled term. This is currency that is free from government control.”

In 2004, von NotHaus sold his coins and anti-Federal Reserve philosophy at the anti-government We the People organization’s first convention. The following year, the FBI and Secret Service opened an investigation of von NotHaus and his operation.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2011, 02:41:24 PM »

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/apr/03/bogus-coins-bullion-seized-in-cda-become-focus-of/

More news on it, but lets count the number of times this article shows its bias:

“We never refer to the American Liberty as a coin,” von NotHaus told The Spokesman-Review in 1999. “The word ‘coin’ is a government-controlled term. This is currency that is free from government control.”

In 2004, von NotHaus sold his coins and anti-Federal Reserve philosophy at the anti-government We the People organization’s first convention. The following year, the FBI and Secret Service opened an investigation of von NotHaus and his operation.

I got sick of reading the libel.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2011, 01:48:10 PM »

Hmmm. I didnt realize that they were distributing signs like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200584816919+

That would certainly lead me to believe that it was a government issued currency.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2011, 11:53:59 AM »

Hmmm. I didnt realize that they were distributing signs like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200584816919+

That would certainly lead me to believe that it was a government issued currency.

Really?  With "REDEEMABLE BY DEALER ON DEMAND" being more readable than the engraved cursive?

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2012, 04:18:58 PM »

This is a strange story just out.....

Secret Service demands ebay remove all Norfed Liberty dollars as counterfeits

The United States Secret Service has requested the removal of all Norfed Liberty dollars on the eBay site as counterfeits.

http://www.goldismoney2.com/showthread.php?40246-Secret-Service-demands-ebay-remove-all-Norfed-Liberty-dollars-as-counterfeits

Basically, like the Liberty Dollar itself, it makes the feds look bad. Must censor.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Liberty Dollar Found GUILTY

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.