Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Libertarian merch?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Libertarian merch?  (Read 6325 times)

TN_FSP

Re: Libertarian merch?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2006, 12:34:54 AM »

Isn't it the fourth or fifth amendment that, by judicial ruling, implies a right to privacy?

That is, of course, a statutory right, and not a natural right.

Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Even in the very begining, the so called right to privacy was very limited.  It only included your house, body, and stuff.  It did not include what others gathered about you or anything like that.  Also, it was not a right.  As it say's, "but upon probable cause."  That was mostly a narrow statement back then, but not always.  Now, it means almost nothing.

Also, I agree.  It is not a Natural Right.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2006, 11:18:45 AM »

Except, it will be called "Usurpation", and feature a Statue of Liberty, with her various rights being picked out piece by piece.

Mouth, "Free speech"
Heart, "Freedom of religion"
Hand L, "Right to bear arms"
Hand R, "Property"
Clothing, "Privacy"
Leg, "Freedom to travel"

etc.

That is great idea you have inspired me but I will make a few alterations.

Stoo_Pot

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2006, 03:40:25 PM »

You could have a game of chess where its the bureaucrats vs the team liberty where you start of with a certain amount of money and it costs you money to move between squares.  But because the bureaucrats will always runout of money, they have to hire mercenaries onto the board to try to rob the members of team liberty.

love the statue of liberty idea btw

fourthgeek

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2006, 12:57:28 AM »

What do you mean, "make a few alterations"?

I'm doing this for a national art project, so I'd not like them thinking I plaigarized.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2006, 01:17:48 AM »

What are the chances anything I would create from a seed of an idea that you posted would look anything like you would create?  I have a very unique style and want to change aspects of what you are preposing significantly.  I mean for all I know you could be planning to buy an operation game, pull it apart make a new cardboard graphic and create new game pieces.  Mock up a new box with a parody logo glue the whole thing on a board and call it a sculpture.  Or possible get a couple of kids to pretend like they are playing the game with doofy smiles on their faces like the old parker brothers ads and take a picture to submit.  If this isn't what you had planned and think it is a good idea consider it a gift.  If you could put it together you could even video some kids playing the game SNL fake ads style it could be very funny.

BTW you inspired surpressed chicken but that is all I will say for now I don't want to give away too much.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 01:24:38 AM by libertylover »

fourthgeek

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2006, 12:42:00 AM »

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2006, 04:55:12 AM »

Great mockup on the operation game.  I would suggest that being a kids game it does look a bit too serious.  You'll win over more people with humor than seriousness.  But you will have to gauge this for yourself.  Personally I would have gone for a more cartoonish parody of the game.

Stoo_Pot

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2006, 06:10:33 AM »

I'm not sure about operating on the sexual freedom organ lol

battlesysadmin

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2006, 07:46:15 PM »

Are you really developing a game? I am trying to think of ways to raise money for my local LP, and Usurpation sounds like a possibility...

-lois

fourthgeek

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2006, 08:22:41 PM »

I'm not developing it.

Feel free to create and develop on the idea, or sell it, as long as you don't stop other people from doing it either.

Make sure you spell usurpation correctly, i've done it incorrectly on my art piece. >_<

So much for 3rd-grade-spelling-bee-champion.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2006, 09:00:38 PM »

Don't feel bad 2nd grade spelling be champ and can't spell well now either.  Take heart spelling is a skill and not an indication of intelligence.

Fundraising can take many forms it all depends on the size of the group and the people you want to sell to.  Some suggestions that have worked very well groups I have been associated with.

1.  Yard Sale at a members house with donated items especially if the member has a home in high traffic area.  Pretty much 100% profit.

2.  Pass the hat at every meeting those 1 dollar donations add up over time.  This only really works if you have a regular group meeting.

3.  Hold a special event for all the members in your State and send out a mass email invite.  A spagetti dinner social with a silent auction (donated stuff) but make sure you make it totally a social event.  No heavy speeches or political stuff so that people can bring their families and just enjoy being together.  Something like a homecoming leave the heavy political stuff for the State Convention.  Hold it at a hotel or rent a community building, church rec room if you are real lucky you have someone with a really big house.  Create a meetup group and pay pal method so people can pay for a ticket online.  Get people to sign up in advance and pay in advance so that you know how much to spend on food.

Example: If held at a free location like a person's house.
                 20 people pay $10 each you spend $5 on food and drink, that is $100.
                 5 donated silent auction items, with $10 min. bid that is another $50.
    Even with this small number of people you have just raised $150 for your group in one evening.  The more fun you make it for the people the next one will raise even more money.

battlesysadmin

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2006, 12:46:05 AM »

:D

You are a pro! I had been thinking about a silent auction, because as you say, items could be donated... especially with the Eminent Domain stuff going on here, I could talk to the businesses that are resisting.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Libertarian merch?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 32 queries.