Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Lego (Now with more skeletons!)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lego (Now with more skeletons!)  (Read 10781 times)

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
Re: Lego
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 01:44:33 AM »

1. Wtf is wrong with their arms. Those are not correct from when I was a kid.
2. The ghosts are glow in the dark. Awesome. I used to put them on various guys as a sort of "superpower".
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
Re: Lego
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 01:58:48 AM »

1. Wtf is wrong with their arms. Those are not correct from when I was a kid.
2. The ghosts are glow in the dark. Awesome. I used to put them on various guys as a sort of "superpower".

1. You can't get the old googly arms anymore. (EDIT - They still make them and sell them in some sets, but you can't buy them directly.) The torso has hard posts now rather than those flimsy swivel jobbies. The plus side is that now they are poseable rather than flopping around all over the place. There are "Rounder" skeleton arms that are a lil' smoother looking but you can't pick-a-brick them and the hand only holds things vertically. With the squarish arms there are two poses, so I bought one of each hand position for each lil' skellington.  

2. Yeah, you can't get the ghosties anymore. Those two were old ones we had sitting around.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 02:14:03 AM by John Shaw »
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Lego (Now with more skeletons!)
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 02:35:40 PM »

The main forces have arrived. Box looks great even tho the Skellingtons has no faces. (Design By Me was out of them so I had to order Skellington heads separately.) S'aight tho.

AND HERE THEY ARE -

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

Ghosties are morale officers.

Rear guard and standard bearers.

Archmage Peppy Fezzle and his bodyguards.

At some point I'll find me a Lego wizard hat and beard compatible cloak for extra awesome.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 02:19:37 AM »

Late night Lego bump.

Legos are cool.

Ben

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 07:54:25 AM »

Yep, Legos are cool. This thread reminded me of some of the space lego sets I had. Heres one I can remember.

I may actually still have all the legos too. I know I didn't throw them out, but I'm not sure if I gave them away. Looks like I might be doing some digging around in the shed sometime this week.

btw those skeletons look awesome. Shame their hands are in a fixed position though.
People are so brainwashed by government and media lies that they'll actually argue their own rights away.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 12:11:51 PM »

btw those skeletons look awesome. Shame their hands are in a fixed position though.

Yeah that's why each one has two different arms so I could get multiple grip positions. Ya just switcheroo their arms.

BonerJoe

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2012, 12:40:44 PM »

This thread makes me want to go buy something in the Technic line.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 10:33:52 PM »

Updated -

They be all badass and shit.

Peppy the wizard shouldn't be going around on foot so I put together a wagon. Also has some weapons supplies and a step-n-fetchit guy. Archer commander and The Grim Reaper ride beside him now. A couple other skeleton apprentice wizards can fucking walk for all he cares.

The new, very cramped formation. It's crappier but s'what I got at this point. Cannon fodder skeletons are now taking the flanks.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2012, 11:29:59 PM »

They make skeleton horses now huh? Also, what is with those weird shields you give them, dont they have regular shields?
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2012, 05:14:31 AM »

They make skeleton horses now huh? Also, what is with those weird shields you give them, dont they have regular shields?

1. OH YES.

2. I like the round ones, and those ones have a cool mean face on them going RAWR. They make oodles of shield shapes now.

Mind you these guys are made to order. I'm not piecing them together from some box of spares because all I own are right there. I mean, we have the alien stuff and a couple spaceships of as mentioned, but the skeleton crew was all bits direct from the Lego site.

Actually, there are some bits from some minifigs we bought. The metal helmets on the guys in back.

<<<Not in the bidness of buying piles of Legos just to get the bits he wants.

Unfortunately I can't get all the bits for the one I worked on tonight. It's a more serious supply wagon for the wizard.

Here's the semi-complete design.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2012, 12:29:51 AM »

So I continued with the skeleton army. 20 new troops (Spearmen) showed up yesterday. Retooled the wagon for Peppy. Built a humble version of Hexus's tower.

Short depth of field yo.

Lord Hexus Dominar's Abode

Lord Dominar and his wife looking over their army while enjoying some pie. He's got a nice throne up there for bird spotting.

Dominar's eye view of the army.

They're ready to fuck up some bad guys.

Bill Brasky

• Emperor of Wisdom
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2012, 01:57:34 AM »

This is an unusual hobby.  I like the greybeard with the green gem on the staff. 

I also like how you can shoop these dioramas into some fantasy awesomeness.  I think thats my favorite part.

No disrespect, overall, its not my thing.  But I have to admit, there is some major detail and effort, and thats what its all about.  Kinda like "building birdhouses", these are the things you can indulge your creativity.

I, too, have a detail-oriented hobby.  Which I will not elaborate upon.  I like having a talent that would make people shit themselves, that nobody knows about.  Like magic tricks and stuff.  You can go "oh, yeah, I do that", and show them, and they go "NO FUCKIN SHIT!  THAT'S BADASS!"

And IRL, they'd be like "How... when... why??"  Because I can, and it amuses me.. 

May I request more awesome shoops?

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2012, 10:30:03 PM »

No disrespect, overall, its not my thing.  But I have to admit, there is some major detail and effort, and thats what its all about.  Kinda like "building birdhouses", these are the things you can indulge your creativity.

This is why I'm loving minecraft. Always something to build/discover.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Lego (Now with more skeletons!)

// ]]>

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 33 queries.