Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Lee Roy Selman Expressway
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lee Roy Selman Expressway  (Read 3028 times)

Lothar

• View Profile
Lee Roy Selman Expressway
« on: March 20, 2011, 04:56:18 PM »

A friend of mine in Tampa, FL just received in the mail a photo of their car going through what used to be a toll, and a fine for not paying it, when there is no longer a tollbooth there.

They removed the toll booths at this exit, but left the cameras, and system in place, to fine people for exiting without paying a nonexistent toll.

This should be interesting.

BonerJoe

Re: Lee Roy Selman Expressway
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 11:20:25 PM »

I had to go through a toll booth the other day that had a malfunctioning coin acceptor. It took a photo. I wonder if I'll get a ticket.

Zhwazi

• Recovering Ex-Anarchocapitalist
    • View Profile
    • Ana.rchist.net
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 12:35:22 AM »

I'm glad I never have to take that road.

SeanD

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 03:36:16 AM »

This is why I steal my neighbor's plates when  I plan to use a toll road.  Well that and wear a "Scream" mask.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 02:32:26 PM »

I had to go through a toll booth the other day that had a malfunctioning coin acceptor. It took a photo. I wonder if I'll get a ticket.

I got to one of those before, I didn't have any coins and no workers were around.  I backed my car up but because other cars were behind me I ended up hitting the toll both with my car, then I drove around it.  I didn't get a ticket for that.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 02:57:20 PM »

They got rid of the toll booths on E-470 in Colorado (the route between my house and the airport--I don't recall ever using it for anything else.)  They now read your license plate in real time and send you a bill in the mail (don't know how it works for out-of-staters.)

I got my bill so late, I couldn't pay it "in time" and got another bill with a whopping fine added to it.  I'm guessing this may have something to do with a first-time-use and having some bureaucrat sit on the paperwork so it didn't get sent out until a couple days before it was due.  Since the whopping fine (something like 40%) amounted to a three or four dollar amount, I just sent the fucker in.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Lee Roy Selman Expressway

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.