Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 129   Go Down

Author Topic: Last movie you've watched  (Read 468212 times)

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Last movie you've watched
« Reply #1605 on: February 19, 2011, 01:01:23 AM »

The Deer Hunter

Whatever they were trying to say, they failed, and wasted three hours trying (especially the first hour.)  Could be it was just too early, or it's just not impressive compared to films like Casualties of War, Platoon and Full Metal Jacket.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: February 19, 2011, 03:33:51 AM »

Pirate Radio, aka
The Boat that Rocked

because "governments loathe people being free"

Great sound track, fun story.  Kept thinking of the Seasteading Project.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: February 20, 2011, 10:53:40 PM »

The Losers

Wanted to see it when it came out in theaters; finally got around to it.
A bit predictable, but it was pretty darn entertaining.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: February 21, 2011, 06:38:31 PM »

The Walking Dead, season one was pretty good. The multicultural group of survivors theme is a familiar approach, and pretty lame. A set of survivors in Atlanta would have been primarily black folks, as would the majority of zombies. Of course there is the standard white biker/bigot, and the main hero is a whitey. The "Vatos" episode was awful.

Watched a bit of a BBC apocalypse show, Survivors, and it was the same multi-culti shit.

Whats most disappointing in the apocalypse/zombie genre is that in almost all stories or movies I've read, the main character or leader of the survivors is a cop or someone with military background. I've put down a couple zombie books recently because of the cop worship.. and if it isn't that, it's gun worship.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #1609 on: February 21, 2011, 08:07:04 PM »

I felt that every other episode in the Walking Dead was good, and every opposite one not so good.

I'm watching The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I liked the old one as a kid. This one is OK for a remake but I have my complaints. The Christian analogies were much more blatant in the newer version, the movie was much less frightening and more targeted at children, and the whole "evil fog" thing was absent in the old movies and I dont remember it being in the book. They took away a lot of the messages of the tasks they were faced with as well, and replaced them with "disney" versions. And the ending...well... :(
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 08:12:44 PM by anarchir »
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

yamnuska

« Reply #1610 on: February 23, 2011, 10:22:26 PM »

Am on a documentary kick right now, anyone recommend some good ones?

I saw the BBC survivors show, didn't mind it, I was hoping someone would pop that government bitch who wanted to re-establish her authority, and that one of the main characters was a convict instead of a fucking cop.

Watched "Waiting for Superman." It's about public schools. I don't like all the union bashing, it pisses me off, especially when it's some asshole repblican doing it and when the problem is government control of education in general, shitty unions are a natural outcome of that control and I mean unions that have turned bad, not that unions are shitty. I'm part of a union, only problem is I didn't get to decide if I wanted to join, I was mandated to, not only by the union, but the government as well, like, what the fuck? Also watched "The Lottery," and "The Cartel," also two movies about schools and teachers unions, more union bashing and a failure to find the true evil, government control of education. The Cartel was the best, talked about the shit going on in New Jersey, I shat myself, I knew it was bad but New Jersey just takes the piss.

Brooklyn Red Leg

• The Red Legged Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: February 23, 2011, 10:50:52 PM »

I watched Star Wars: A New Hope Revisited on YouTube and it goes to show that a fan does Star Wars Special Edition far better than Lucas ever could.
"Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken

Er_Murazor's KoLWiki Page

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #1612 on: February 23, 2011, 11:52:10 PM »

Am on a documentary kick right now, anyone recommend some good ones?

Fat Heads
Very libertarian.

BKO

• FTL unAMPlifier Aluminum
  • Death is only the beginning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: February 24, 2011, 03:39:18 AM »

The Wild Within, a survival/hunting type of show which is surprisingly entertaining.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: February 24, 2011, 08:20:04 AM »

Cedar Rapids. It was great. Really. Was expecting something like The Hangover, but turned out to be so much more.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #1615 on: March 02, 2011, 09:46:13 AM »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_N4zgjF0K0[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_N4zgjF0K0

The documentary was nothing short of one of the best debunkings of bad science I've ever seen and kept me riveted the whole time.  Not necessarily a big fan of the trailer though.  I can see people watching the trailer and then getting turned off to the movie because it seems perhaps a little hyperbolic.  But when you're watching the movie, it's taking you step by step into educating you about what is actually known about HIV/AIDS, which is probably FAR LESS then you've probably been led to believe, before it starts exploring some of the ramifications, which are very disturbing, to say the least.

We'll be discussing this documentary on the next Prometheus Unchained.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #1616 on: March 02, 2011, 10:32:13 AM »

I just finished the last of the "Rome" series, possibly the best thing HBO ever did. Great show! Rumor is it's due to come out as a film.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: March 02, 2011, 10:52:15 AM »

I just finished the last of the "Rome" series, possibly the best thing HBO ever did. Great show! Rumor is it's due to come out as a film.

Have you seen Spartacus series from Starz?  I was thinking about starting them on Netflix and read reviews that said it was better than Rome?

Do you have an opinion?

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: March 02, 2011, 11:27:24 AM »

Have you seen Spartacus series from Starz?  I was thinking about starting them on Netflix and read reviews that said it was better than Rome?

Do you have an opinion?
Spartacus was awesome.  Not exactly high quality cinema, but awesome nonetheless.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #1619 on: March 02, 2011, 12:42:03 PM »

Do you have an opinion?

Have not seen it, but no suppose I'll have to.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 129   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.