Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 129   Go Down

Author Topic: Last movie you've watched  (Read 468588 times)

Riddler

Re: Last movie you've watched
« Reply #1365 on: September 27, 2010, 03:37:48 PM »

just watched big lebowski
i can't believe i never watched it b4
fucking hilarious.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #1366 on: September 27, 2010, 10:27:54 PM »

fucking hilarious.

I recently named a new ferret "The Dude." He's so chill.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: September 28, 2010, 05:43:51 AM »

Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children Complete
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: September 30, 2010, 05:04:39 PM »

My Dinner with Andre

It was both annoying (probably because it had to be) and fascinating.  I got so irritated (in a less-than-entertaining way) by what seemed like a "shaggy dog tale" in the first hour that I had to look it up on IMDB and read the synopsis to give me a reason to keep watching it.

There was a good reason, and it's a spoiler...I guess I'll have to watch it again, though, if I can bear it, to catch everything significant.

If you're considering this movie, it's all dialog (you could probably strip the audio and listen to it on your ipod, and miss little, if you watch the first and last 10 minutes.)  It's "heady," and it's about "headiness." (IMO)  If you like thinking about people and their views on philosophy, you will probably appreciate it.  If you're into action and/or hate a lot of dialog, you probably won't get through it.  I, for example, appreciated it, but probably would have walked out on it in a movie theatre.

Tried, but can't really say any more.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #1369 on: October 02, 2010, 07:32:59 PM »

Great spoof on Shamalamadingdong.  I had to go back to page 88 to find our discussion of his suckitude. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hksKLHt9Kzg  (embedding is forbidden)

Riddler

« Reply #1370 on: October 03, 2010, 08:37:23 AM »

angel face - 1952
robt. mitchum
jean simmons (no, not the asshole from KISS)
most fucked up ending ever, never mind destroying a perf. good jaguar xk

Mitchum: Hey, now! This yours? It's not a stock XK. Twin stacks. What is it? The Le Mans job?
Angel Face: That's right. You know how to drive it?
Mitchum: Oh, I think so.
Angel Face: Did you race professionally?
Mitchum: Oh, yeah. Midgets, hot rods, everything but Indianapolis. I was getting ready to try that when the war came along.
Angel Face: That's when you started driving ambulances?
Mitchum: No, I drove a tank till they shot me out of it.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #1371 on: October 03, 2010, 08:46:43 AM »

Great spoof on Shamalamadingdong.  I had to go back to page 88 to find our discussion of his suckitude. 

That's so close to the truth that it's almost a documentary instead of a spoof.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: October 03, 2010, 07:30:57 PM »

Outstanding production quality, too.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #1373 on: October 04, 2010, 12:35:09 AM »

Outstanding production quality, too.

Collegehumor has gotten quite good at making quality videos.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #1374 on: October 04, 2010, 10:11:18 AM »

My Dinner with Andre

It was both annoying (probably because it had to be) and fascinating.  I got so irritated (in a less-than-entertaining way) by what seemed like a "shaggy dog tale" in the first hour that I had to look it up on IMDB and read the synopsis to give me a reason to keep watching it.

There was a good reason, and it's a spoiler...I guess I'll have to watch it again, though, if I can bear it, to catch everything significant.

If you're considering this movie, it's all dialog (you could probably strip the audio and listen to it on your ipod, and miss little, if you watch the first and last 10 minutes.)  It's "heady," and it's about "headiness." (IMO)  If you like thinking about people and their views on philosophy, you will probably appreciate it.  If you're into action and/or hate a lot of dialog, you probably won't get through it.  I, for example, appreciated it, but probably would have walked out on it in a movie theatre.

It holds my record as the dullest film I've ever sat through in a theater. Pretentious and brain-thuddingly dull, it's the gold standard for cinematic crap, IMHO.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #1375 on: October 04, 2010, 10:39:00 AM »

Iron Man 2.

Also, My Dinner With Andre - I don't understand the hate.

S'a good flick. Maybe a little heavy but it's like the ultimate actors flick.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: October 04, 2010, 11:54:03 AM »

fucking hilarious.

Can't believe you'd never seen this!  I knew it would totally be something you would like, and always just made the assumption that you'd seen it.  My father used to make me watch it repeatedly.   :lol:

Also, I believe the last movie I sat through was The Aviator.  And I'd like to see the movie in theaters now with Michael Douglas (Can't remember the name, something about Wall Street I think), and the movie about the Facebook drama. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: October 04, 2010, 12:44:12 PM »

My Dinner with Andre

If you're considering this movie, it's all dialog (you could probably strip the audio and listen to it on your ipod, and miss little, if you watch the first and last 10 minutes.)  It's "heady," and it's about "headiness." (IMO)  If you like thinking about people and their views on philosophy, you will probably appreciate it.  If you're into action and/or hate a lot of dialog, you probably won't get through it.  I, for example, appreciated it, but probably would have walked out on it in a movie theatre.

It holds my record as the dullest film I've ever sat through in a theater. Pretentious and brain-thuddingly dull, it's the gold standard for cinematic crap, IMHO.

The pretentiousness is largely the point, however.

fucking hilarious.

Can't believe you'd never seen this!  I knew it would totally be something you would like, and always just made the assumption that you'd seen it.  My father used to make me watch it repeatedly.   :lol:

The Big Lebowski did little for me.  Nothing to say about it reallly.  I just wasn't very entertained.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: October 15, 2010, 04:30:08 PM »

Last night I watched "Starz Inside: Fantastic Flesh: The Art of Make-Up EFX" on Netflix.  It's an hour-long documentary about movie make-up and effects, mostly from horror movies but not entirely.  LOVED it.  Might watch it again tonight.  Talking heads include  Howard Berger, Rob Bottin, Dick Smith, John Carpenter, Wes Craven, Joe Dante, Quentin Tarantino, Eli Roth, Robert Rodriguez, John Landis, Richard Roeper, Mick Garris, Josh Brolin, Simon Pegg, Frank Darabont, Jordan Ladd, Gregory Nicotero, Dee Wallace, Tom Savini, George A. Romero.

Riddler

« Reply #1379 on: October 15, 2010, 06:49:05 PM »

movie in theaters now with Michael Douglas (Can't remember the name, something about Wall Street I think),   

wall street: money never sleeps
m.d. returns as gordon gekko
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 129   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 32 queries.