Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 129   Go Down

Author Topic: Last movie you've watched  (Read 470678 times)

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Last movie you've watched
« Reply #1290 on: July 19, 2010, 02:03:26 PM »

All of shyamalamadingdong's movies really suck.

It's so refreshing to finally hear someone else say that.

It's sad really. He gets a lot of the parts right, but it goes to shit when everything is put together. Beautiful settings, talented actors, a good story at the base of a project, and..... ???
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #1291 on: July 19, 2010, 02:23:45 PM »

All of shyamalamadingdong's movies really suck.

It's so refreshing to finally hear someone else say that.

I was gonna the other day, but I'm working on reducing my negativity. 

He made that shit-fest 2 yrs ago, The Happening or whateverthefuck, with Mark Warblegarble.  I felt like I'd been molested when it was over.  Then I see who made it (didn't know) and was like WAT - this guy's supposed to be good? 

Then-  I see all this hoopla about the Amazing Benders, and I'm like "well, this looks like shit" but I know its based on some Anime crap, so I don't take it too serious.  Its got its little niche, like Furries.  They can do their thang, IDC.  But then the promotion comes out.  3D, Imax, crazy shit everywhere.  I'm like woah, thats money right there.  Now it starts in the papers, photos with all these fascinated snotnose in some state of rapture in the theaters.  Its like bigger than Star Wars, according to the review douchebags, and the budget is like a trillion dollars. 

Once my limited attention has been focused, it becomes apparent within the text and graphic ads **M NIGHT SHAMAMAMA**, and I'm like fuck.  Now he's raping children. 

Heres what this guy is:  a creepy name.  He pumps out a brainshit, slaps his name on it, and its supposed to be good.  Marketing.  I wish I owned a movie studio, I'd buy his name and re-release Cannonball Run: The M Night Shamama edition.  I'd hire the guys of Jackass to follow him around for two years, kicking his ass in parking lots.  And I'd call it M Night Shamama, the Jackass Chronicles.  Put that on fuckin Imax, too. 

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: July 19, 2010, 03:30:20 PM »

He made that shit-fest 2 yrs ago, The Happening or whateverthefuck, with Mark Warblegarble.  I felt like I'd been molested when it was over. 

My entire family watched this last summer while on a vacation.  We didn't feel molested, but only because after about twenty minutes we started making bets on how bad it could get.  I still have a hard time believing that movie is real. 

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: July 19, 2010, 03:34:30 PM »

"The 41-Year-Old Virgin Who Knocked Up Sarah Marshall and Felt Superbad About It"

I must be getting old, because even I thought it was a bit too over the top.

It was almost unbelievably bad.

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: July 19, 2010, 03:49:00 PM »

just saw DESPICABLE ME and it was friggin adorable! It was so cute at the end I almost cried haha
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.

ForumTroll

« Reply #1295 on: July 19, 2010, 06:13:03 PM »

I like Shamalama's movies. They have a real-time lifelike feel to them, even if that's the only good quality...

Bill Brasky

« Reply #1296 on: July 19, 2010, 07:52:25 PM »

He made that shit-fest 2 yrs ago, The Happening or whateverthefuck, with Mark Warblegarble.  I felt like I'd been molested when it was over. 

My entire family watched this last summer while on a vacation.  We didn't feel molested, but only because after about twenty minutes we started making bets on how bad it could get.  I still have a hard time believing that movie is real. 

Theres a sense of safety in numbers.  Try watching it alone (although the development is spoiled). 

When it was over, I was empty, blank, and forlorn.  Used.  Crushing sadness.  And I felt like it was my fault. 

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: July 19, 2010, 08:19:38 PM »

Theres a sense of safety in numbers.  Try watching it alone (although the development is spoiled). 

When it was over, I was empty, blank, and forlorn.  Used.  Crushing sadness.  And I felt like it was my fault. 
It was your fault.  You watched one of his movies.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: July 19, 2010, 08:31:30 PM »

Night Shamalamadingdong bad, with the possible exception of Unbreakable.  Just plain bad.  I think I've learned my lesson (too bad my first was Unbreakable.)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 08:33:20 PM by What's the frequency, Kenneth? »

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: July 19, 2010, 08:33:44 PM »

I saw Inception today.  It was very good...not one of my favorite movies of all time, but it's certainly very good and solidly in the running for best movie of the year.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: July 19, 2010, 08:57:05 PM »

Night Shamalamadingdong bad, with the possible exception of Unbreakable.  Just plain bad.  I think I've learned my lesson (too bad my first was Unbreakable.)
I actually liked that movie surprisingly.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

BobRobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: July 19, 2010, 09:03:39 PM »

I enjoyed _The Sixth Sense_ quite a bit, but nothing else by him was any good.
"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."
-- Thomas Jefferson, April 26th 1820

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: July 19, 2010, 09:08:54 PM »

Agreed. I didn't even like Unbreakable all that much.  The Sixth Sense was an enjoyable movie, even if a certain scene still makes me turn away (I don't deal well with head trauma of any sort). 

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: July 19, 2010, 09:25:10 PM »

I have to admit I thought the Sixth Sense was pretty good.  Didn't realize he did it.

gibson042

• Non-Aggression Principal since 2006
    • View Profile
    • gibson.mp
« Reply #1304 on: July 20, 2010, 12:04:07 AM »

MST3K alumni to the rescue. http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/happening
"WOOOOOP  WOOOOOP  WOOOOP EH EH EH EH HHHEEEOOOO HEEEOOOOO" —Rillion
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 129   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 33 queries.