Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 129   Go Down

Author Topic: Last movie you've watched  (Read 470651 times)

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
Re: Last movie you've watched
« Reply #1245 on: June 03, 2010, 04:47:24 AM »

watched Wolfman last night, I liked it but felt like it was missing something, and I wish they would quit with the computer generated bullshit and go back to good ole special effects makeup!
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #1246 on: June 04, 2010, 05:27:42 AM »

Currently watching Pale Rider, for the 3rd or 4th time.  Want a horse.

Get on. 

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #1247 on: June 04, 2010, 01:14:05 PM »

Easy Rider. I loved the music, sad ending though, and not much plot.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

davann

« Reply #1248 on: June 04, 2010, 01:59:20 PM »

Invictus. Only watched 20 minutes and turned it off. I really have lots of trouble understanding people with crazy accents. Every version of English is gibberish to me except American and for some reason Irish + Scottish. The English themselves are impossible to understand which sucks cause I used to love Monty Python.

davann

« Reply #1249 on: June 05, 2010, 12:05:48 AM »

Invictus. Only watched 20 minutes and turned it off. I really have lots of trouble understanding people with crazy accents. Every version of English is gibberish to me except American and for some reason Irish + Scottish. The English themselves are impossible to understand which sucks cause I used to love Monty Python.

Well it depends on the area of England your from, there's quite a few different accents. Cockney, Scouse, Jordie, Mancunian, Leith, etc.

I personally have a faint Mancunian accent. Most Americans I've spoke to think I'm Scottish. Most Scottish people I've spoke to are impossible to understand. However for a true linguistic challenge, go learn Welsh.

I had a high school friend that learned Welsh I think from his grandmother. It was fun to listen to but I understood nothing. The accent stuff must be an age thing because I fully understood Monty Python before. Or maybe Morgan Freeman was just doing a shitty job at South African.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: June 05, 2010, 11:49:41 AM »

Well it depends on the area of England your from, there's quite a few different accents. Cockney, Scouse, Jordie, Mancunian, Leith, etc.

I personally have a faint Mancunian accent. Most Americans I've spoke to think I'm Scottish. Most Scottish people I've spoke to are impossible to understand. However for a true linguistic challenge, go learn Welsh.

Scottish "accents" are ridiculous.  I can't understand about half of what they're saying.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: June 05, 2010, 03:03:00 PM »

Scottish "accents" are ridiculous.  I can't understand about half of what they're saying.

Well, that's hardly their  fault.

I think Scottish accents are dead sexy.  When I lived in Manc I had a friend from Glasgow and a friend from Edinburgh, and it became more challenging to understand them after a couple of beers but I still had to resist throwing myself at them because it might've bothered their wives. 

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: June 05, 2010, 07:15:42 PM »

I'm not saying there's a problem with it...just that they're really difficult for me to understand :P

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: June 05, 2010, 07:21:26 PM »

Now: The Princess Bride

Later: Daybreakers*

*Assuming I'm still awake after the kids go to bed. I was up at 5am for a medium-long drive to a 15k trail race in 96% humidity.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: June 05, 2010, 07:26:46 PM »

Soon: Life, the BBC David Attenborough version (no Oprah, thanks).  I have Planet Earth and The Blue Planet as well, and have watched them several times. 

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: June 05, 2010, 07:56:35 PM »

Soon: Life, the BBC David Attenborough version (no Oprah, thanks).  I have Planet Earth and The Blue Planet as well, and have watched them several times. 

Ooh! There's a non-Oprah version? She does have a lovely voice, but not the sort I wanted to listen to for hour after hour.

And, did you crack up when you heard the commercials for Life?
The critics love Life...
Don't miss Life...
and during the later parts of the series... the final days/end of life.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: June 05, 2010, 08:05:08 PM »

Ooh! There's a non-Oprah version? She does have a lovely voice, but not the sort I wanted to listen to for hour after hour.

And, did you crack up when you heard the commercials for Life?
The critics love Life...
Don't miss Life...
and during the later parts of the series... the final days/end of life.

I don't have TV, so haven't seen those commercials, but......man, yes, definitely go with David Attenborough.  He's actually a naturalist and knows what he's talking about, and is pretty much the go-to guy for any British nature show.  He narrated all three of the ones I mentioned (and many others).   

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: June 12, 2010, 12:19:24 AM »

The Jizz and I watched The Book of Eli the other night.  I could not take it seriously because of the $220 Oakley Inmate sunglasses Denzel Washington was wearing.   :|
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

alaric89

« Reply #1258 on: June 12, 2010, 04:57:35 AM »

[youtube=425,350]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mL-AFSAIln0&hl=nb_NO&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mL-AFSAIln0&hl=nb_NO&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I love this movie.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: June 12, 2010, 05:33:02 AM »

48 Hours.  Awesome.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 129   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 32 queries.