Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 129   Go Down

Author Topic: Last movie you've watched  (Read 468747 times)

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Last movie you've watched
« Reply #1185 on: March 22, 2010, 03:07:17 PM »

Since we got about 10 inches of snow last night and today-- in Texas-- Boyfriend and I decided to stay in and watch Tokyo Gore Police.  Blood spurting, eye gouging, brain-splitting Japanese fun. 

It's snowed there AGAIN?! Hope it breaks up or gets pushed north before making it here.
We saw a few flurries today, but not much. It was mostly damp, windy and generally chilly.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: March 22, 2010, 03:20:58 PM »

It's snowed there AGAIN?!

I know, crazy huh?  They announced it would happen on Wednesday, and I said "No way in hell."  Then it started Saturday night, and yesterday snow covered everything.  Today it's 60 degrees and the snow is almost totally gone. 

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: March 22, 2010, 09:21:44 PM »

Hogfather.
[youtube=425,350]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cATYdXVj8wo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cATYdXVj8wo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Watched the first half last night, and finished it up tonight. Wonderful.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

BobRobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: March 23, 2010, 10:34:58 AM »

Hogfather.

Thank you. It's in my NetFlix queue, I was hoping it would be good.
"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."
-- Thomas Jefferson, April 26th 1820

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: March 23, 2010, 12:31:11 PM »

Hogfather.

Thank you. It's in my NetFlix queue, I was hoping it would be good.

I really enjoyed Color of Magic, but thought this was better. Kids were quite taken with it too, and have suggested we make it our official Hogswatch Eve entertainment from here on out.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: March 23, 2010, 09:51:45 PM »

Just saw Metropolis by Fritz Lang. Its a shame how much of it was lost, but what remains is a cinematic masterpiece. Since Metropolis predates speech in film, the subject can be open to multiple interpretations.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

yamnuska

« Reply #1191 on: April 04, 2010, 04:52:24 AM »

Watched the David Cronenburg movie "Crash," was made in 96 not the 2005 Crash, gotta love his movies they are always so fucked up.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vZTYkmAcsvk&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vZTYkmAcsvk&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: April 04, 2010, 12:53:28 PM »

boondock saints 2.  bullshit

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #1193 on: April 04, 2010, 09:28:09 PM »

Flash of Genius, about the inventor of the intermittent windshield wiper. Not bad; not bad. Good, in fact.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: April 04, 2010, 11:32:38 PM »

Watched "Dark Relic" - a SyFy (hate the spelling) - which we recorded last weekend.
It was awful. And I say that as somebody who generally loves watching lame "B" movies of the action/adventure/scifi/fantasy sort. This one just wasn't fun.

Would have turned it off, but had to see how much worse it would get, and how many predictions made during the first 20 minutes would come to pass.

And, "Sharpe's Challenge" - also recorded last weekend. "B" movie, not at all bad, loads of fun. Sean Bean & Daragh O'Malley were wonderful. I was surprised to see Padma Lakshmi - forgot she was an actress, and not just a reality show host.

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: April 05, 2010, 01:45:57 PM »

Mary Poppins

I still love that "Toppins" song with Dick Van Dyke as the old banker.

Then I found this. You gotta love it!

[youtube=425,350]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2T5_0AGdFic&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2T5_0AGdFic&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
[/youtube]

Watched "Dark Relic" - a SyFy (hate the spelling) - which we recorded last weekend.
It was awful. And I say that as somebody who generally loves watching lame "B" movies of the action/adventure/scifi/fantasy sort. This one just wasn't fun.

Would have turned it off, but had to see how much worse it would get, and how many predictions made during the first 20 minutes would come to pass.

I fell asleep about 20 minutes in, and woke a little while later to find my wife watching something else.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #1196 on: April 05, 2010, 02:28:39 PM »

I was whistling Mary Poppins songs in my shower the other day. Aparently nobody around here has seen that or Bed Knobs and Broom Sticks, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Petes Dragon, etc etc.

WTF?

My girlfriend actually thought I claimed to have seen a movie called "shitty shitty bang bang" lol.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

BobRobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: April 05, 2010, 04:05:19 PM »

_Interstate 60_

The guys were right, it's a great film. Thank you NetFlix.
"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."
-- Thomas Jefferson, April 26th 1820

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: April 06, 2010, 10:21:25 AM »

Clash of the Titans (Remake). Not bad, but not good either. Wait until it's out on Bluray.
I hear thunder but there's no rain, this kind of thunder breaks walls and window pane

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: April 12, 2010, 11:28:12 AM »

boondock saints 2.  bullshit
i'm not gonna lie, i liked it and i geeked out there a little bit at the end.........
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 129   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.