Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 129   Go Down

Author Topic: Last movie you've watched  (Read 468790 times)

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
Re: Last movie you've watched
« Reply #1080 on: January 25, 2010, 01:56:34 AM »

another one I watched recently and really loved was 9, my kids were a little cheeped out by the whole thing and I really don't know if I beleive in people having souls that leave their body when they die and what not but I still really loved this movie.

This movie was better than I had anticipated. It is pretty much what happens after this apocalyptic war between humans and machines they created. These little burlap looking dolls have to save the world...
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #1081 on: January 25, 2010, 02:21:45 AM »

and I really don't know if I believe in people having souls that leave their body when they die and what not

I know I dont believe that, also I know I dont believe little cloth puppets can learn how to talk and run around and battle too!
 :)
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Robin

• View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: January 25, 2010, 02:44:12 AM »

and I really don't know if I believe in people having souls that leave their body when they die and what not

I know I dont believe that, also I know I dont believe little cloth puppets can learn how to talk and run around and battle too!
 :)
you have crushed all of my dreams  :lol:
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.

cavalier973

• You can't take the sky from me
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: January 25, 2010, 03:41:15 AM »

Just finished "Julie & Julia" with the missus.  It wasn't that bad; the parts on Julia Child's life were the more interesting segments, though (her learning to cook, trying to find a publisher, etc.).  It's happy-happy fluff stuff.  Some Republican-bashing is worked in, if you like that sort of thing; although I'm not really sure that anti-McCarthy rants are really "Republican" bashing since he was a Democrat.  Still, Julie's boss says that if she were working for a Republican, she would have been fired for calling in sick for one day.  And Julia Child's father is said to be a Republican who really likes McCarthy.  And Julia's poor husband is denied funding for the embassy library, and has to travel all the way from Paris to D.C. so that he can be asked by a three-member panel if he is a homosexual.

For a movie about cooking, though, Ratatouille is better.
For God and Free Trade

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: January 25, 2010, 08:01:29 AM »

another one I watched recently and really loved was 9, my kids were a little cheeped out by the whole thing and I really don't know if I beleive in people having souls that leave their body when they die and what not but I still really loved this movie.

This movie was better than I had anticipated. It is pretty much what happens after this apocalyptic war between humans and machines they created. These little burlap looking dolls have to save the world...

Watched this over the weekend with the kids. The kids liked it a lot. One said it was more like a grown up story than most cartoons, which is why she liked it. I had a few issues with the whole transfer of soul & intellect thing, especially with the bits of glowing green soul at the end, but it wasn't bad. I'm glad I paid $5.99 for HD on Demand, rather than $40 to take us all to the theater.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: January 25, 2010, 07:55:13 PM »

I watched Twilight when it came on Showtime this weekend.  It was incredibly cheesy and the main character, Bella, is an idiot.  All that said, it wasn't terrible.  It just wasn't good.

MasterShake

• View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: January 26, 2010, 12:46:18 AM »

Watched Videodrome again.  David Cronenberg is both a genius and a seriously fucked up dude.

spicynujac

• Fasism Sucks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: January 26, 2010, 01:08:52 AM »

Cronenberg's movie existenz was really good, and I think the Matrix ripped him off for a good bit of the plot.  It stars Jude Law, I don't know why it isn't more popular or well known...

Robin

• View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: January 26, 2010, 03:15:26 AM »

hubby started watching 2012 last night, meh, i was so apathetic towards the damn move i just went to sleep......

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: January 26, 2010, 03:53:05 AM »

hubby started watching 2012 last night, meh, i was so apathetic towards the damn move i just went to sleep......
It sucked hard didn't it?
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Robin

• View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: January 26, 2010, 04:16:54 AM »

It sucked hard didn't it?
the few random scenes i saw made me want to break his computer........

Robin

• View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: January 28, 2010, 04:32:22 AM »

it was actually a while ago I saw this movie but I thought it was good enough for a mention here.

it is called
Was tun, wenn's brennt?
What to do in case of fire?

here is the imdb description
What To Do In Case of Fire? tells the humorous and touching story of six former creative anarchists who lived as house squatters in Berlin during its heyday in the 80s when Berlin was still an island in the middle of the former eastern Germany. At the end of the 80s they went their separate ways with the exception of Tim and Hotte, who have remained true to their ideals and continue to fight the issues they did as a group. In 2000, with Berlin as Germany's new capital, an event happens forcing the group out of existential reason to reunite and, ultimately, come to grips with the reason they separated 12 years ago. 

It is pretty good, they set up a bomb to go off in this building and no one goes into the building for years. I beleive a real estate agent takes someone to look at the building and the bomb goes off when they open the door, if I remember it correctly, killing or hurting the two. 

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: January 28, 2010, 06:18:31 AM »

Cheech & Chong's Next Movie

Great stuff, classic Cheech & Chong
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #1093 on: January 29, 2010, 01:01:21 AM »

The Invention of Lying.

A good family film with a strong atheist undercurrent.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: January 29, 2010, 07:57:21 AM »

The Invention of Lying.

A good family film with a strong atheist undercurrent.

Really? Good to know, I thought the movie looked like fun, but wasn't sure it would be okay for game & movie night with the kids. Will move this onto my list of choices for Saturday night.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 129   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.