Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 129   Go Down

Author Topic: Last movie you've watched  (Read 468381 times)

Cowcidile

• Cruel Tyrant Cason
    • View Profile
Re: Last movie you've watched
« Reply #1065 on: January 21, 2010, 02:00:58 PM »

Holy god my eyes have been opened! I watched "Die you zombie bastards!" on netflix last night. It is probably one of the best movies I have ever seen.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: January 21, 2010, 04:50:20 PM »

This is England.

It's excellent.  It's about the morphing of the skinheads into the white English Nationalist Front movement.  I really love the skinhead Oi! music, but I guess here in America it's different.  None of the skins I went to High School with were racists, and they would back me up when some anti-semetic shithead would talk shit about Judaism even though I wasn't part of any crew nor did I even dress the part, I was just friends with some of them.  And there were Mexican skins as well.  And none of them were racist or insane like the NF skins in this movie.  I still loved the movie though. 

I'm curious from the UK folks if the skins in the UK are typically bigots and if this movie is accurate in any way.

I watched that one awhile ago. Not sure what the skinhead scene in the UK is today, but that movie was a look back to what was going on in the 80's there. It's a good movie.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #1067 on: January 21, 2010, 05:03:04 PM »

Holy god my eyes have been opened! I watched "Die you zombie bastards!" on netflix last night. It is probably one of the best movies I have ever seen.

IMDB gives it 4.8 but under "if you liked this, you may like this" it has A Boy and His Dog" so I may just watch it.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: January 21, 2010, 05:22:43 PM »

IMDB gives it 4.8 but under "if you liked this, you may like this" it has A Boy and His Dog" so I may just watch it.
That's a good one too for sure.  Some pretty intense scenes in that movie.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

spicynujac

• Fasism Sucks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: January 21, 2010, 11:21:55 PM »

Ha.  Yes A Boy and His Dog is definately on my list so I may check out the zombie flick.. its keywords under imdb are "Female Nudity  | Breast Enlargement  | Profanity In Title  | Decapitation  | Superhero"

Profanity In Title is something you can search by?  hah.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: January 22, 2010, 06:08:57 AM »

Just listened to the director's audio track on District 9.  If you haven't, it's worthwhile.  He goes into why "intelligently" evolved insects whose queen (the intelligence) had died would be in a heap of trouble in space.  He discusses the symbolism of a lot of it--particularly post-apartheid Johannesburg.  He discusses the post-apartheid collection of "private security forces" in Johannesburg and what happens when those people suddenly become unemployed (a lot of them are in Iraq and Afghanistan.)  He discusses the heroic transformation (if you see it that way) of the main character.  He talks about how he wanted the science fiction to blend in with the bland landscape in a very realistic way, and how he had to work to make the bugs anthropomorphized, but not Disney characters.

Oh, and he did it before the film was released, so he had no idea how it would be received.  He did come across as a bit more leftist than libertarian, having made more than one negative comment about what we'd call commerce, and another about the mythical fixed-size pie that has to be shared by all.

In short, however, it was a good listen, and he explained a lot.  I hope he has a good script for a sequel.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: January 22, 2010, 06:12:28 AM »

Ha.  Yes A Boy and His Dog is definately on my list so I may check out the zombie flick.. its keywords under imdb are "Female Nudity  | Breast Enlargement  | Profanity In Title  | Decapitation  | Superhero"

A Boy and His dog has one particularly ghastly scene in it (from memory--like 20 years ago, or more) and you'll probably know it when you see it. ;-)  Sadly, I can't give you a hint because it will spoil the plot, but I'll bet you've never seen what you'll see (actually, I can't remember if you actually "see" it or you "know" what it is you're not seeing.)  Hope that made sense.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #1072 on: January 22, 2010, 02:06:41 PM »

A Boy and His dog has one particularly ghastly scene in it (from memory--like 20 years ago, or more) and you'll probably know it when you see it. ;-)  Sadly, I can't give you a hint because it will spoil the plot, but I'll bet you've never seen what you'll see (actually, I can't remember if you actually "see" it or you "know" what it is you're not seeing.)  Hope that made sense.

We've all already seen it, we are saying that because we've seen A Boy and His Dog we may watch the other movie. Is it the ending you're saying? That was a good scene, once you realize :)
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: January 22, 2010, 04:38:36 PM »

We've all already seen it, we are saying that because we've seen A Boy and His Dog we may watch the other movie. Is it the ending you're saying? That was a good scene, once you realize :)

< * * * SPOILER ALERT * * * >

It's the scene where you see the guy tied down and being milked of semen.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #1074 on: January 22, 2010, 05:14:36 PM »

< * * * SPOILER ALERT * * * >

It's the scene where you see the guy tied down and being milked of semen.

Disturbing indeed.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: January 22, 2010, 05:51:26 PM »

Are you talking about this film?  If so, it sounds........weird. 

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: January 22, 2010, 07:13:15 PM »

Are you talking about this film?  If so, it sounds........weird. 

Yup.  Really early Don Johnson...

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: January 23, 2010, 06:12:01 AM »

3 Idiots.

It was excellent!  Especially for a Bollywood film.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: January 24, 2010, 09:24:27 AM »

went to sleep watching the devils rejects last night, watched some next of kin this morning while cleaning up after breakfast.
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: January 25, 2010, 01:26:40 AM »

the matrix, the matrix reloaded, up, the hurt locker
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 129   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched

// ]]>

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 32 queries.