Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 129   Go Down

Author Topic: Last movie you've watched  (Read 468587 times)

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Last movie you've watched
« Reply #1050 on: January 17, 2010, 07:08:49 PM »

Looked pretty bad to me, but so does Detroit.

ForumTroll

« Reply #1051 on: January 17, 2010, 09:03:23 PM »

Looked pretty bad to me, but so does Detroit.

I don't remember any point where there were reports of them escaping. I dunno.

spicynujac

• Fasism Sucks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: January 18, 2010, 01:03:50 AM »

Well, the intelligent leader alien and his son definately wanted to leave; hence the huge trouble they went to and years of effort just to get repairs made in order to return.  The worker drones who were even dumber than your average on the street American didn't seem to have much of an opinion about anything.  I felt compassion for them, but I'm not even sure that I consider them sentient.  Well, they *could* talk.  Then again, so can many animals, when taught by humans.  But yes, I too am wondering what issues this movie brought up for you?

It will make an awesome sequel, where the aliens return and kick ass for all they abuse they have been taking..

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: January 18, 2010, 01:34:54 AM »

The Hurt Locker
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

ForumTroll

« Reply #1054 on: January 18, 2010, 01:39:39 AM »

It will make an awesome sequel, where the aliens return and kick ass for all they abuse they have been taking..

There won't be. The father and son escaped to Galt's Gulch, leaving the incorrigible looters behind.

inane

• View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: January 18, 2010, 01:49:54 AM »

The Worlds Greatest Lover. I fucking love Gene Wilder. I dont understand how anyone can hate jews.
Astrology is as vacuous as the space it worships.
-Perry DeAngelis

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: January 18, 2010, 02:40:26 AM »

I put my extended comments on District 9 here, to avoid junking up the thread.

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: January 18, 2010, 04:08:18 AM »

i just had the pleasure of watching G-Force with my kids about a hundred times. First time it was cute, after that I never want to see it again. They just do not make kids movies anymore that I want to watch over and over again..........
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: January 18, 2010, 09:43:18 AM »

Addendum
I was kinda crispy when I watched it, but with regard to the criticism, I kinda see it this way: what if a bus full of your typical riders was stranded in another universe?  That's sorta how this plays out.  Do you know engineers who ride the bus?  Politicians?

BSG started with a very similar hodgepodge of people, since the majority of the people were from the equivalent of cruise ships, oil tankers, and shuttle buses, and they were a wide sampling of skills, so you can't quite say that you would end up with only the dregs by taking a single ship...  unless it was actually the short bus from some alien educational facility.

It sorta reminded me of Douglas Adams, who, if I recall correctly, described people on earth, not as the progeny of the great apes, but rather as the progeny of a lost space ship load of hairdressers.

Don't forget the account executives and telephone... I want to say repairmen, but that's not right.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #1059 on: January 18, 2010, 11:52:18 AM »

i just had the pleasure of watching G-Force with my kids about a hundred times. First time it was cute, after that I never want to see it again. They just do not make kids movies anymore that I want to watch over and over again..........

My 30-yo daughter has Guinea pigs, and takes them very seriously. She gets them from a pet rescue center. She hates G-Force and refuses to see it. "It'll make millions of little kids insist that their parents run out and buy pigs," she says. "Then, they get bored and mistreat them."
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: January 18, 2010, 12:24:17 PM »

My 30-yo daughter has Guinea pigs, and takes them very seriously. She gets them from a pet rescue center. She hates G-Force and refuses to see it. "It'll make millions of little kids insist that their parents run out and buy pigs," she says. "Then, they get bored and mistreat them."
exactly, luckily my kiddos did not demand them.  we live on a farm and they know first hand how hard animals are to take care of so they do not ask me for pets anymore.
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: January 18, 2010, 07:56:00 PM »

Don't forget the account executives and telephone... I want to say repairmen, but that's not right.

I believe you are talking about the telephone sanitizers.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: January 18, 2010, 09:38:31 PM »

I believe you are talking about the telephone sanitizers.

Yes! It's been a while since I read the book.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: January 21, 2010, 01:02:58 AM »

Still on my Kurosawa kick, and I just saw Yojimbo. I think it just might be my favorite film of all time. It seems that Akira Kurosawa invented every single cliche of Western films.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: January 21, 2010, 06:57:07 AM »

This is England.

It's excellent.  It's about the morphing of the skinheads into the white English Nationalist Front movement.  I really love the skinhead Oi! music, but I guess here in America it's different.  None of the skins I went to High School with were racists, and they would back me up when some anti-semetic shithead would talk shit about Judaism even though I wasn't part of any crew nor did I even dress the part, I was just friends with some of them.  And there were Mexican skins as well.  And none of them were racist or insane like the NF skins in this movie.  I still loved the movie though. 

I'm curious from the UK folks if the skins in the UK are typically bigots and if this movie is accurate in any way.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 129   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.