Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 129   Go Down

Author Topic: Last movie you've watched  (Read 468075 times)

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
Re: Last movie you've watched
« Reply #1035 on: January 11, 2010, 02:13:32 AM »

Triumph of the Will

Its pretty good if you can ignore all the Nazi stuff.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

spicynujac

• Fasism Sucks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: January 12, 2010, 09:05:13 PM »

Seriously?

fatcat

« Reply #1037 on: January 12, 2010, 09:30:12 PM »

Triumph of the Will

Its pretty good if you can ignore all the Nazi stuff.

lol

DTC made a funny.

<---- not being sarcastic

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #1038 on: January 12, 2010, 11:26:41 PM »

Finally got around to seeing Avatar today. We'd planned to see another movie, but when I asked I was told Avatar wasn't that crowded. The theater was less than half full.

We saw it in 3-D, and it was awesome. Better than I expected.

I will go again.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: January 13, 2010, 12:45:36 AM »

I agree, Avatar was great in 3D. I imagine it would be really lousy in 2D, a lot of the scenes would have drawn on too long without the added effect.
Pocho

BobRobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: January 13, 2010, 08:40:00 AM »

I imagine it would be really lousy in 2D, a lot of the scenes would have drawn on too long without the added effect.

That's the reason I don't bother seeing anything that was created for 3-D, because the few times I've done so the "drawn out for effect" thing is very apparent, and messes with the flow of the film.

Being a child of Odin has its drawbacks.
"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."
-- Thomas Jefferson, April 26th 1820

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: January 16, 2010, 09:57:22 PM »

Just saw Rashomon by Akira Kurosawa. Its funny to note when speaking about Kurosawa that his good is fantastic. Every film I have seen by him was masterful, and Rashomon was no exception.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #1042 on: January 17, 2010, 11:30:59 AM »

Watched "Paranormal Activity" last night. I was assured by several people that I'd be "scared out of my wits" and "might have trouble sleeping." Meh--not so much. It was a good movie, especially considering it's budget of a few thousand dollars. I'd recommend it. But, unless you actually buy into the whole demon theory, not so scary.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: January 17, 2010, 11:36:27 AM »

Watched "Paranormal Activity" last night. I was assured by several people that I'd be "scared out of my wits" and "might have trouble sleeping." Meh--not so much. It was a good movie, especially considering it's budget of a few thousand dollars. I'd recommend it. But, unless you actually buy into the whole demon theory, not so scary.

I'm actually bored by horror movies - unless they are funny, like "Shawn of the Dead". The last horror movie that scared me was "Amityville Horror" and that's because I was like 10 years old when I saw it.

The only kind of stuff that "spooks" me nowadays, gives me a feeling of dread, or sends shivers up my spine, is the news. When I see stuff that is really happening and get a glimpse of what those in power want to do about it.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

cavalier973

• You can't take the sky from me
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: January 17, 2010, 12:17:02 PM »

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6627557277654360838#

"Hello, I must be going
I cannot stay, I came to say, I must be going
I'm glad I came, but just the same, I must be going
La, La!"

I just noticed a skip in the flow of the video.  It's in the "Hooray for Captain Spaulding" song, as Mrs. Rittenhouse sings her line "You are the only white man, to cover every acre"; in the video it jumps to the chorus singing "Hooray" thrice.  I looked up the lyrics, and Groucho's line was the one cut: "I think I'll try and make her."
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 12:25:29 PM by cavalier973 »
For God and Free Trade

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: January 17, 2010, 05:15:50 PM »

District 9!

I can't believe I waited so long to watch this film.  It has strong libertarian themes that may challenge the most libertarian people's beliefs.

Addendum
I was kinda crispy when I watched it, but with regard to the criticism, I kinda see it this way: what if a bus full of your typical riders was stranded in another universe?  That's sorta how this plays out.  Do you know engineers who ride the bus?  Politicians?

It sorta reminded me of Douglas Adams, who, if I recall correctly, described people on earth, not as the progeny of the great apes, but rather as the progeny of a lost space ship load of hairdressers.

Errata
most libertarian beliefs -> most libertarian people's beliefs
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 05:30:58 PM by What's the frequency, Kenneth? »

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: January 17, 2010, 05:31:36 PM »

Sorry.  Massive typo.  I added a missing word.  Let me know if that's not more clear.

ForumTroll

« Reply #1047 on: January 17, 2010, 06:15:25 PM »

District 9!

I can't believe I waited so long to watch this film.  It has strong libertarian themes that may challenge the most libertarian people's beliefs.

Addendum
I was kinda crispy when I watched it, but with regard to the criticism, I kinda see it this way: what if a bus full of your typical riders was stranded in another universe?  That's sorta how this plays out.  Do you know engineers who ride the bus?  Politicians?

It sorta reminded me of Douglas Adams, who, if I recall correctly, described people on earth, not as the progeny of the great apes, but rather as the progeny of a lost space ship load of hairdressers.

Errata
most libertarian beliefs -> most libertarian people's beliefs

I never quite understood if they wanted to go home or not.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: January 17, 2010, 06:34:50 PM »

I don't think that was clear either.  I'd think with the way they were treated that they'd want to leave.

ForumTroll

« Reply #1049 on: January 17, 2010, 06:44:26 PM »

I don't think that was clear either.  I'd think with the way they were treated that they'd want to leave.

I think you can make an analogy to welfare: You could leave if you really wanted to, but it's not that bad so why not stay.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 129   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 33 queries.