Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 129   Go Down

Author Topic: Last movie you've watched  (Read 471819 times)

Rillion

• View Profile
Re: Last movie you've watched
« Reply #885 on: October 31, 2009, 07:36:09 PM »

I watched Trick r Treat today while carving pumpkins.  I don't know much about horror, but thought it was awesome.  Had some twists I definitely wasn't expecting and some serious brutality.  It's based on a graphic novel by the same name, and had a comic-y element to it.  The kind of movie with different vignettes and a later discovery of how they intertwine, cleverly.  Recommended. 

Also, life is really rough in a horror movie if you're even vaguely unpleasant, isn't it? 

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: October 31, 2009, 07:49:48 PM »

Some guy turned the game Wing Commander 3 and 4 into movies, and it was pretty well done.  I watched em, and it made me want to play those games again.   I gotta get my old 3do from my parent's house with the joystick so I can replay them.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #887 on: November 01, 2009, 02:51:45 PM »

The Thing. (the second version)

Just as good as the story!

I hear the original version was lame propaganda with a frankenstein like monster.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #888 on: November 01, 2009, 03:02:48 PM »

I hear the original version was lame propaganda with a frankenstein like monster.

Is this the first or second version?

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #889 on: November 01, 2009, 05:42:50 PM »

Second.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #890 on: November 01, 2009, 06:46:51 PM »

Second.

Thanks.  That move scared the crap out of me when I saw it for the first time in 2003, so I had to watch it another few times to get the scariness out and the comedy in.   Now it scares me and cracks me up at the same time.   

inane

• View Profile
« Reply #891 on: November 01, 2009, 11:19:00 PM »

Scotland PA

has anyone scene this? Damn its great.
Astrology is as vacuous as the space it worships.
-Perry DeAngelis

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #892 on: November 01, 2009, 11:30:52 PM »

Second.

Thanks.  That move scared the crap out of me when I saw it for the first time in 2003, so I had to watch it another few times to get the scariness out and the comedy in.   Now it scares me and cracks me up at the same time.   

I liked it a whole lot and was glad it met my expectations.  Why did I watch it? I was getting in a Halloween mood and it was #1 on someones top 100 scariest horror movies or something like that.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: November 02, 2009, 09:20:36 AM »

I watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall last night and thought it was pretty good.  It managed to convey real, harsh emotions in a comedic way and the viewer is also left confused throughout most of the movie as to how it's going to (or should) end...much like the main character.

I recommend it.

BobRobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #894 on: November 02, 2009, 01:42:49 PM »

_Watchmen_

Finished it this morning.

Beware, not kid friendly at all. Damn good film.
"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."
-- Thomas Jefferson, April 26th 1820

fatcat

« Reply #895 on: November 02, 2009, 04:27:18 PM »

Gweomul.

genre bending korean monster/comedy/drama lovelyness.

a story of an eccentric/under achieving family fighting two monsters, one being the river monster thingie on the movie cover, and the other being the infuriatingly inept and bureaucratic korean government, which seems more interested in spinning PR than catching the monster.

a movie as adept at pulling heart strings as making you laugh, very interesting to see a director take the "monster runs amok" trope, and take it to a depth of meaning and emotion uncommon to the sub-genre.

Unfortunately marketed as a straight up monster blockbuster outside of korea, so hasn't really got the international attention it deserves.

Bit dissapointed its the highest grossing korean film of all time though, kind of takes some of the niche charm out of it.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 06:29:32 PM by fatcat »

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: November 04, 2009, 03:43:58 PM »

Watching Lara Croft - Tomb Raider with one of the kidlets.
Younger son finished his prime/composite math homework in record time, so I'm making an exception to the no afterschool TV rule.

I'm chopping apples and picking through cranberries, so have been more listening than watching... and, was asked the question "Hey! Mom! Isn't that the annoying guy from Red Dwarf?" I looked up, and there was Chris Barrie.

Not only did we spend the entire walk home from school going through prime numbers up to 409, he also spotted Rimmer... I'm so proud of B2 today.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: November 05, 2009, 07:48:24 AM »

Sleep Dealers.  It's pretty good.  Much of it is in Spanish as it is a Mexican movie, but there is some English and subtitles are available.  It was very well done in my opinion.  I definitely recommend it.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #898 on: November 08, 2009, 11:06:05 PM »

We watched Primer last night.  Thought it was quite good, though the ending was ambiguous and I'm not quite sure I understood it.   Think I'll need to watch it again and digest....not drunk, this time. 

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #899 on: November 08, 2009, 11:21:48 PM »

Ghost Rider. Fun, and forgettable.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 129   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.