Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 129   Go Down

Author Topic: Last movie you've watched  (Read 468760 times)

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
Re: Last movie you've watched
« Reply #720 on: August 04, 2009, 11:10:46 PM »

Knowing with Nicolas Cage. Great movie. I only would have changed the ending a little bit.
I swear man.... I was diggin the movie and halfway through I said to my girlfriend "It's gonna be aliens" jokingly, and WTF do you know?  ITS FUCKING ALIENS!   :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

davann

« Reply #721 on: August 05, 2009, 12:19:09 AM »

Knowing with Nicolas Cage. Great movie. I only would have changed the ending a little bit.
I swear man.... I was diggin the movie and halfway through I said to my girlfriend "It's gonna be aliens" jokingly, and WTF do you know?  ITS FUCKING ALIENS!   :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well is was a sci-fi flick  :). The only thing I would have changed is EE would be mean just that. No infesting another planet with the same disease. Other wise a great movie. Not like that shitty Eagle Eye. What a let down that ending was. Stephen King could have not done worse.

RottingNation

• View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 05, 2009, 04:18:11 PM »

The Ugly Truth.

Just as horrible as I expected.
--------------------------------------------------------
"I am not a number, I am a free man."

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 08, 2009, 01:39:11 PM »

The Ugly Truth.

:(

I'm suppose to see that today at noon.

Pocho

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 08, 2009, 02:38:35 PM »

Anybody seen GI Joe yet? I'm thinking about going tomorrow morning, and was wondering how it is.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

RottingNation

• View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 08, 2009, 05:29:04 PM »

The Ugly Truth.

Thoughts?

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #726 on: August 08, 2009, 06:10:57 PM »

The other day, Turner Movie Classics did a marathon of Harold Lloyd movies. He's a silent film genius who is funnier than Chaplin or Keaton, IMHO. If you haven't heard of the guy, it's probably because unlike Chaplin and Keaton Lloyd did not make his films easily accessible in the Sixties, when the work of the others was being re-popularized. He actually earned more money than either of the other two, and succeeded in transitioning to talkies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByFWiv5rhmc
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 08, 2009, 06:45:04 PM »

The Ugly Truth.

Thoughts?

From your one line review I was expecting a train wreck. But it was not that horrible. Better than I was expecting. It helped that the female lead was hot.
Pocho

RottingNation

• View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 09, 2009, 07:01:44 PM »

From your one line review I was expecting a train wreck. But it was not that horrible. Better than I was expecting. It helped that the female lead was hot.

I made the mistake of not reading reviews before I went. So, for some reason, I had slightly elevated expectations. I should have known better.

timmysoboy

• Word
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 09, 2009, 11:53:46 PM »

Anybody seen GI Joe yet? I'm thinking about going tomorrow morning, and was wondering how it is.

kicked sme major ass

KDus

• Democracy=fraud
  • Money
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 10, 2009, 01:38:32 PM »

G.I. Joe. Absolutely captured the over the top, too good to be true, fast paced, unrealistic, organized chaos that made the cartoon appealing to me as a kid; sets us up for a sequel.

The Other Boleyn Sister, paints the king in a better light than the Tudors, and far less graphic.

Go for Broke,  a good reminder of what the U.S. government has already done to Americans (Japanese Americans)

Alexander, the final cut.  Really really long. Conflates government and civilization. Shows that a ruling class has been wasting human life for more control and power for thousands of years. Babylon has been occupied many times.
Liberate America!

spicynujac

• Fasism Sucks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 13, 2009, 03:16:00 AM »

I cant believe I wasted 2 hours watching "Knowing" after seeing some decent reviews of it here.  I've always hated Nicholas Cage, and I should have known Hollywood can't do sci-fi, but this was literally ridiculous.  It was so slow and boring that me and my date were either laughing out loud at the ridiculously slow pace and silliness, or yawning.  I've never though Roger Ebert was brilliant, but knowing that he gave this movie an "A" is so utterly absurd that I will never pay attention to what he says again.  The plot is so absurd and full of holes.  If you still think you want to see it, go to yahoo movies and read some of the negative reviews first.  The whole movie was totally predictable.  I love sci fi, but this wasn't sci fi.  I also hated Signs, so maybe if you like that type of movie you will enjoy Knowing.

Just one ridiculous example:  The movie is about a woman who leaves a message to the future generation by writing warnings to them in a numeric code that is buried in a time capsule.  Yet somehow she forgets to tell her own daughter anything, and the daughter knows nothing about the crazy messages the mom has carved all over her home.  A lot of the movie also takes place at night, for no particular reason.  Nicholas Cage goes to an abandoned remote house in the woods at one point in the middle of the night and proceeds to look for clues inside this house with no electricity with only his flashlight.  Just scene after scene of ridiculous plot that makes no sense.  If you want some type of sci fi go see the new Peter Jackson film which has to be better. (Section 9?)

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 13, 2009, 07:51:48 AM »

The Last House On The Left.

Tons of gratuitous violence and sick shit, but it has a happy ending.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

davann

« Reply #733 on: August 13, 2009, 03:00:55 PM »

I cant believe I wasted 2 hours watching "Knowing" after seeing some decent reviews of it here.  I've always hated Nicholas Cage, and I should have known Hollywood can't do sci-fi, but this was literally ridiculous.  It was so slow and boring that me and my date were either laughing out loud at the ridiculously slow pace and silliness, or yawning.  I've never though Roger Ebert was brilliant, but knowing that he gave this movie an "A" is so utterly absurd that I will never pay attention to what he says again.  The plot is so absurd and full of holes.  If you still think you want to see it, go to yahoo movies and read some of the negative reviews first.  The whole movie was totally predictable.  I love sci fi, but this wasn't sci fi.  I also hated Signs, so maybe if you like that type of movie you will enjoy Knowing.

Just one ridiculous example:  The movie is about a woman who leaves a message to the future generation by writing warnings to them in a numeric code that is buried in a time capsule.  Yet somehow she forgets to tell her own daughter anything, and the daughter knows nothing about the crazy messages the mom has carved all over her home.  A lot of the movie also takes place at night, for no particular reason.  Nicholas Cage goes to an abandoned remote house in the woods at one point in the middle of the night and proceeds to look for clues inside this house with no electricity with only his flashlight.  Just scene after scene of ridiculous plot that makes no sense.  If you want some type of sci fi go see the new Peter Jackson film which has to be better. (Section 9?)

I makes me happy that others hate this movie. It is extremely important to me to refine my tastes in direct opposition to the masses. Knowing is now my #1 movie of all time. It has displaced the long running #1, Outlaw Jose Wales.

Cowcidile

• Cruel Tyrant Cason
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 13, 2009, 06:43:33 PM »

The Last House On The Left.

Tons of gratuitous violence and sick shit, but it has a happy ending.

Was it the new one or the old one?

I haven't seen the remake and was wondering if it was any good.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 129   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.