Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 129   Go Down

Author Topic: Last movie you've watched  (Read 468405 times)

BobRobertson

• View Profile
Re: Last movie you've watched
« Reply #675 on: June 28, 2009, 07:11:32 PM »

Yojimbo http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055630/

Haven't seen it in years. Wonderful.

Rival gangs, corrupt government officials, gambling and prostitution. Slice of life!
"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."
-- Thomas Jefferson, April 26th 1820

Riddler

« Reply #676 on: June 28, 2009, 07:28:55 PM »

Haven't watched any movies lately, been either watching seasons of Cheers or MASH.  I think the last movie was Airplane.

have you been living in a cave w/ japanese ww2 holdouts?
what the........

Riddler

« Reply #677 on: June 28, 2009, 07:31:07 PM »

Too busy with work, but I just woke up and now I'm watching the end of "A Few Dollars More." I think they're about to go into a Mexican Standoff, excellent!

jesus christ, are you in the same cave as nannerpuss?
you niggas are jus gettin' round to shit thats been out 30+ years??

JWI

« Reply #678 on: June 28, 2009, 11:49:04 PM »

Haven't watched any movies lately, been either watching seasons of Cheers or MASH.  I think the last movie was Airplane.

have you been living in a cave w/ japanese ww2 holdouts?
what the........

Nope, just that the 200+ channels that I currently have don't have jackshit on, so I like to watch shows that were actually good rather than the reality shit.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:23:31 AM by Nannerpuss »

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #679 on: June 29, 2009, 12:53:15 AM »

Too busy with work, but I just woke up and now I'm watching the end of "A Few Dollars More." I think they're about to go into a Mexican Standoff, excellent!

jesus christ, are you in the same cave as nannerpuss?
you niggas are jus gettin' round to shit thats been out 30+ years??

I'm only 19, so its only natural that I havent seen every old movie.

I like to watch shows that were actually good rather than the reality shit.

Same here. There is sooo much crap out there. I just ignore a lot of the cable channels and dont even give them a chance.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

JWI

« Reply #680 on: June 29, 2009, 12:32:43 PM »

I like to watch shows that were actually good rather than the reality shit.

Same here. There is sooo much crap out there. I just ignore a lot of the cable channels and dont even give them a chance.

My wife and I are giving the whole streaming video thing on the TV a shot.  We're going to sign up for Netflix once the cold months hit.  We'd like to get rid of cable entirely but we still need the cable company for our internet...my guess is they'd just jack the rate of internet-only up to roughly the same I'm paying for that and TV right now.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 29, 2009, 01:06:06 PM »

Watched Inkheart with the kids this weekend. It was not bad. If I hadn't read the book, I'd have thought it quite good.

We're caught up on the television missed (Pushing Daisies and Unusuals finales, Weeds, Nurse Jackie, Mythbusters, Phineas & Ferb, Burn Notice) during vacation, and will probably start watching a few more movies "OnDemand".
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Richard Garner

• View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 29, 2009, 03:04:07 PM »

Watched Inkheart with the kids this weekend. It was not bad. If I hadn't read the book, I'd have thought it quite good.

We're caught up on the television missed (Pushing Daisies and Unusuals finales, Weeds, Nurse Jackie, Mythbusters, Phineas & Ferb, Burn Notice) during vacation, and will probably start watching a few more movies "OnDemand".

My Aunt's god daughter is in Pushing Daisies.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #683 on: July 10, 2009, 09:33:37 PM »

The Sopranos

spicynujac

• Fasism Sucks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 13, 2009, 03:12:49 AM »

Defiance.  Pretty good WW2 movie, and a true story, which are about the only decent movies made these days, since apparently no one can write a good plot anymore.  The trials these Russians go through to survive the Nazi invasion are truly incredible.  Stars the new James Bond guy.  Now I want to go watch Platoon.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 13, 2009, 07:24:21 PM »

Defiance.  Pretty good WW2 movie, and a true story, which are about the only decent movies made these days, since apparently no one can write a good plot anymore.  The trials these Russians go through to survive the Nazi invasion are truly incredible.  Stars the new James Bond guy.  Now I want to go watch Platoon.
Great movie!

I just saw Bruno (fucking horribler than I thought it would be), and Public Enemies which was pretty good.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 14, 2009, 12:37:05 AM »

Valkyrie. Liked it.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

bjabcdo2n

« Reply #687 on: July 14, 2009, 11:58:04 AM »

La vita è bella...

Valkyrie. Liked it.

You actually liked Valkyrie?!

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 14, 2009, 01:54:23 PM »

Watched four episodes of Nurse Jackie in a row last night, instead of a movie.
Great show. Like it better than Weeds.

I just saw Bruno (fucking horribler than I thought it would be), and Public Enemies which was pretty good.

I'll probably see Bruno, but only because my "date" wants to see it. Public Enemies is the movie I'm looking forward to.
That, and Half Blood Prince, preferably in IMAX 3-D.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: July 14, 2009, 02:10:31 PM »

La vita è bella...

Valkyrie. Liked it.

You actually liked Valkyrie?!

I actually found myself worrying about his wife and children. I think that is good writing to get me relating to characters like that. I also really like the theme in terms of people who really love their country but see that love as distinct from their destructive government.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 129   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 32 queries.