Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 129   Go Down

Author Topic: Last movie you've watched  (Read 468017 times)

miamiballoonguy

• Twisted Balloons For All Occasions
  • Have Balloons, Will Travel!
    • View Profile
    • The Miami Balloon Guy's Home Page
Re: Last movie you've watched
« Reply #600 on: May 10, 2009, 08:32:16 AM »

Star Trek. The New Movie.

The plot? Meh. The whole time travelling thing is fucking worn out already.

That's what made the movie good.  Creating the new timeline was the best thing about it.  Hell, I think that it is one of the few time travel stories where they actually DON'T run around actually trying to correct the timeline, or have to go back in time to stop an event  I think that that is one of the reasons why time travel thing is overdone.  They didn't try it here.  They actually left to modified timeline where it was.  So everything can be new now.

There were a few things that I didn't like about it, but it was a very fun movie.  There was even a reference to admiral archer and his beagle.

Yeah, well, there better be a fucking sequel for this new timeline shit or I'm gonna be motherfucking pisser than a hive of africanized honeybees that got farted on by a bear.

Well, the sequel was announced a few weeks ago, and the numbers are starting to look good.  LOL It's the first movie I have cared about the numbers it has made.  So far, it is close to $50 million with today's numbers to go.  I just hope that they don't go and re-do the menagerie or the cage, even though pike was in a wheel chair.  I would love to see what they would do with the klingons, hell, since they already screwed with the timeline, I think it would not even be impossible to bring the borg.  Now that would be interesting.  Kirk Vs the Borg...  hmmm?
"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 10, 2009, 08:34:50 AM »

The Princess Bride
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Richard Garner

• View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 10, 2009, 10:09:17 AM »

Star Trek

That was the last movie I went to the cinema to see. In turms of last films, period: Red Dawn was on TV last night.

KDus

• Democracy=fraud
  • Money
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 11, 2009, 05:35:27 PM »

Nanny Diaries

Matrix 2 and 3. again. I might actually get the point, now.......but then again.....
It was really illogical of the machines to spare Zion from destruction.
Liberate America!

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 11, 2009, 09:58:46 PM »

I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 11, 2009, 10:00:46 PM »

Ladyhawke, believe it or not.  Boyfriend popped it in, and I heard that ridiculous 80's synthesizer music and the sound of Matthew Broderick's voice and came downstairs. 

I still love that movie. 

Chronicles

« Reply #606 on: May 11, 2009, 10:03:55 PM »

I watched the Descent today with my husband, because I refused to watch it at night. It was a rather good movie, but a downer for sure. Had to watch an episode of Top Gear to counteract.

I saw Star Trek this last week, and loved the reboot. Some parts were a little cheesy (Kirk's allergic reaction, coincidentally finding Old Spock on the frozen planet), but it wouldn't be Star Trek without some cheese. I'm looking forward to seeing it again.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 11, 2009, 10:54:42 PM »

I watched the Descent today with my husband, because I refused to watch it at night. It was a rather good movie, but a downer for sure. Had to watch an episode of Top Gear to counteract.

I saw Star Trek this last week, and loved the reboot. Some parts were a little cheesy (Kirk's allergic reaction, coincidentally finding Old Spock on the frozen planet), but it wouldn't be Star Trek without some cheese. I'm looking forward to seeing it again.

I'm pretty sure they cheesed it up a bit on purpose.  I could have done without it, but it was alright and was cheesy in ways that at least connected it with the Trek franchise.

pete1061

« Reply #608 on: May 12, 2009, 01:06:55 AM »

Star Treks plot was weak.
Yeah, the special effects we're cool. But that's not a difficult thing to do nowadays.
The acting was good.. The actors stayed true to the characters.

But the plot was just really, really weak.

But movies don't need a plot to make lots of money. Just fancy effects and lots of action.

Richard Garner

• View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 12, 2009, 12:49:03 PM »

The Descent is one of the best British horror movies for a long time. Along with the 28 Days/Weeks films.

It was slightly coincidental, but explicable: Spock was abandoned there because it was within sight of Vulcan, and the Romulans wanted him to witness the destruction of Vulcan; meanwhile, Kirk mutineed just after they tried to prevent said destruction, so it would have to have been somewhere near where Spock was marooned. That said, they had a whole world in which to accidentally run into each other!

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 12, 2009, 02:14:40 PM »

Star Trek ...twice.  8)

Fucking Spock being all hot and shit...
I'll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #611 on: May 12, 2009, 02:21:30 PM »

Last House On The Left.

Richard Garner

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 12, 2009, 02:42:54 PM »

Last House On The Left.

Thats not out here yet, but its definitely on my "to watch" list

Bill Brasky

« Reply #613 on: May 12, 2009, 05:01:14 PM »

Last House On The Left.

The original. 

Richard Garner

• View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 13, 2009, 07:19:31 AM »

Last House On The Left.

Oh right. Well, thats OK too, especially considering that it was basically Wes Craven's film school final project!

The original. 
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 129   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 33 queries.