Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 129   Go Down

Author Topic: Last movie you've watched  (Read 470984 times)

JWI

Re: Last movie you've watched
« Reply #570 on: April 21, 2009, 07:47:32 PM »

W.

What did you think of W.?

I thought it was hilarious...and sad.

I expected to laugh more honestly.  I expected more of a joke atmosphere.  All the scenes with Cheney I thought were funny, simply because I think Cheney is funny.  Reminds me of the penguin.

The whole thing is kinda sad...the fact that people actually supported and voted for that numbnuts makes baby Barack Obama cry.

Last Of The Free

• View Profile
    • Last of the Free - Trailer and Info
« Reply #571 on: April 22, 2009, 05:35:10 PM »

Watched "The Fallen Idol" last night which Ebert said was one of the greatest movies ever. it's about a boy and his butler Baines. I swear the whole movie the kid was saying "Baines".... "Baines" ... "Where's Baines?".... "Can I go Baines?"  ... "is that you Baines?"   at one point i screamed at the TV "Nobody gives a fuck about Baines!"
--------------------------------------------------------
a film about the quest for freedom
www.LastOfTheFree.com

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 22, 2009, 05:46:12 PM »

Sunshine Cleaning-- my mom wanted to go.  Cute movie, somewhat dumb characters, but enjoyable to watch.  Also made me evaluate whether I could be a crime scene cleaner....I think I could.  Just so long as it didn't involve cleaning out one of those horrendous packrat houses. 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 05:48:08 PM by Rillion »

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 22, 2009, 06:54:31 PM »

The Postman.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

mark_mnc1

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 22, 2009, 08:13:16 PM »

The Good Shepherd and it fucking sucked.

Mark

Skooma

« Reply #575 on: April 22, 2009, 09:03:14 PM »

The Graduate. It was kind of boring, but the last scene was lulzy.

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 25, 2009, 02:39:41 AM »

Sleeper

This one is a must watch.  Hilarious!  One of the best Woody Allen movies I've ever seen.  It's about waking up 200 years in the future in an extremely statist society.  It's also funny.
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 27, 2009, 02:11:36 PM »

Soloist.

It was good.
Pocho

KDus

• Democracy=fraud
  • Money
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 27, 2009, 05:56:30 PM »

The talented Mr. Ripley.   brought me down.
Liberate America!

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 27, 2009, 06:59:58 PM »

Traitor

RottingNation

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 27, 2009, 08:14:55 PM »

Soloist.

It was good.

I've ben wanting to see this ever since I saw the preview during The Dark Knight.  Is it worth the money to go see, or should I wait til the DVD release.
"I am not a number, I am a free man."

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 27, 2009, 08:32:01 PM »

Soloist.

It was good.

I've ben wanting to see this ever since I saw the preview during The Dark Knight.  Is it worth the money to go see, or should I wait til the DVD release.

Well for starters, it is no Dark Knight, and as such, does not NEED to be seen on a huge screen with mega surround sound.

The film focuses on the characters and does not put a large emphasis on the music or on a plot. So don't go into it thinking you are going to hear a lot of classical pieces.

My wife and I did not make a special point to go see this movie, we basically picked it because it looked decent from previews and it started 5 min after we walked up to the ticket booth. We were pleasantly surprised at how good it was.

If you only want to spend money to see Great movies in theaters, I would say skip this one, it is not Great. If you are OK spending money to see good movies in theaters, I would give this one a try, it is good and was worth the money, for me.
Pocho

RottingNation

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 27, 2009, 09:01:52 PM »

Soloist.

It was good.

Well for starters, it is no Dark Knight, and as such, does not NEED to be seen on a huge screen with mega surround sound.

The film focuses on the characters and does not put a large emphasis on the music or on a plot. So don't go into it thinking you are going to hear a lot of classical pieces.

My wife and I did not make a special point to go see this movie, we basically picked it because it looked decent from previews and it started 5 min after we walked up to the ticket booth. We were pleasantly surprised at how good it was.

If you only want to spend money to see Great movies in theaters, I would say skip this one, it is not Great. If you are OK spending money to see good movies in theaters, I would give this one a try, it is good and was worth the money, for me.

In that case, I will see it on a cheap day.  Often times though character driven movies can be some of the best.  See:  Citizen Kane.
"I am not a number, I am a free man."

Riddler

« Reply #583 on: April 27, 2009, 09:06:44 PM »

the quantum of fucking boredom...
worst bond movie, evaaaahh.
sorry, that might be ANY roger-fucking-moore-bond movie (save live & let die...can't deny the speedboat chase scenes)

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #584 on: April 27, 2009, 09:41:56 PM »

In that case, I will see it on a cheap day.  Often times though character driven movies can be some of the best.  See:  Citizen Kane.

Of course, Citizen Kane had only ten fewer special effects shots than Star Wars: A New Hope.

It was also a ridiculously expensive first film from an untested director and had a huge budget.

It was also a total flop, in theaters.

Funny how perspectives change over time.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 129   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.