Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 129   Go Down

Author Topic: Last movie you've watched  (Read 470665 times)

RedneckGuru765

Re: Last movie you've watched
« Reply #480 on: March 19, 2009, 09:21:17 AM »

Man, I tell you what man, I just got done watchin that movie called milk, man. Ya'll ever seen that movie? Its great ya'll its bout this french guy who moves to the big city and hes organizin and fratnizin and circumcizin them bad laws that got in this little city called Castro. He's fightin for these french guysziz rights to do that kiss thing they do in them Euro-peein cities were the guys kiss other guys. Now I had to get up periodically throughout on account of cooter an jebidiah fightin in the barnyard so I may have missed some key plot points, but from what I did see this movie fuckin kicked ass! I talked to the funny guy who owns the muvie store down on front street and he was kinda suprised that I liked it. He said that if I liked milk I might try out this here movie called "Brokeback Mountain," and said I might like that one two! He also gave me his phone number and said that if I liked what I saw to give him a call! Man, thats what I'm talkin bout man, just two strangers in the night thrown twogether by fate, enjoying films and livin up them good times! It's times like these that just wanna make me up and join the freestate project! Thank you Milk, Im a better libertarian now!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 09:26:31 AM by RedneckGuru765 »

Icculi

« Reply #481 on: March 19, 2009, 09:52:41 AM »

Last movie I watched was, indeed, Land of the Dead.

I've been on a zombie kick lately. Besides the Romero movies, what's really good?

You see 28 days/weeks later?  I enjoyed both.  The Resident Evil movies are ok...  On a lighter note, Shaun of the Dead was hilariously awesome.

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 19, 2009, 06:59:03 PM »

Last movie I watched was, indeed, Land of the Dead.

I've been on a zombie kick lately. Besides the Romero movies, what's really good?

You see 28 days/weeks later?  I enjoyed both.  The Resident Evil movies are ok...  On a lighter note, Shaun of the Dead was hilariously awesome.

I've seen 28 Days Later but not 28 Weeks Later. I saw the first RE movie. Not sure if I want to see the third one, but the second one has Nemesis in it? Or so I heard.
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 19, 2009, 11:18:24 PM »

Just watched My Name Is Bruce
[youtube=425,350]QZLv3Z7L5lY[/youtube]
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 20, 2009, 04:02:03 AM »

Hellraiser.  I'm going to watch all of them, 1 - 5.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

RottingNation

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 20, 2009, 03:18:01 PM »

I thought they both were great.. I guess "No Country" was more of a character driven story and "Blood" was more plot driven. But on those different fronts they were both very good.

In "Blood", I loved the "If I have a milkshake and you have a milkshake" speech!

I disagree to some extent.  Blood was both character and plot driven.  Watching Daniel slowly destroy his life and alienate all those around him was, to me, something akin to Charles Foster Kane's self-inflicted isolation.  There Will Be Blood is on par with some of the greatest movies of all time.

As far as the milkshake speech goes: (Spoiler alert, movies ending)

[youtube=425,350] B35rYEkYgvs[/youtube]

--------------------------------------------------------
"I am not a number, I am a free man."

conrad from spain

• Irrumator
  • odi et amo
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 20, 2009, 06:07:39 PM »

I thought they both were great.. I guess "No Country" was more of a character driven story and "Blood" was more plot driven. But on those different fronts they were both very good.

In "Blood", I loved the "If I have a milkshake and you have a milkshake" speech!

I disagree to some extent.  Blood was both character and plot driven.  Watching Daniel slowly destroy his life and alienate all those around him was, to me, something akin to Charles Foster Kane's self-inflicted isolation.  There Will Be Blood is on par with some of the greatest movies of all time.

That's a great speech.. This is from imdb.com:

The fictional character of Daniel Plainview bears some resemblance to a real, early 20th-century California oil tycoon named Edward L. Doheny. Both were from Fond du Lac, Wisconsin; both were employed by Geological Survey and worked in Kansas; both tried a hand at mining before going into the oil business; and both worked with a fellow prospector named "H. B. Ailman." As for other Plainview-Doheny connections, the bowling alley scene in ‘There Will Be Blood’ was filmed at Greystone Manor, a California estate Doheny built as a present for his only son. Also interestingly, the infamous "milkshake speech" Plainview gives is based upon transcripts of congressional hearings concerning the Teapot Dome Scandal, in which the very same Edward L. Doheny had been accused of bribing a political official.

Several characters seen or mentioned in ‘There Will Be Blood’ seem to have been based on real life historical figures. Though his name is never spoken during the film, Plainview's business partner and H. W.'s biological father, H. B. Ailman, shares the name of a real life prospector and oilman who was active during the turn of the century and associates with oil tycoon Edward L. Doheny, of whom Daniel Plainview seems to have been partly based. The two Standard Oil representatives "H. M. Tilford" and "J. J. Carter" who meet with Plainview are based on real-life oilmen: Henry Morgan Tilford was once vice-president of the Standard Oil Company during the turn of the century, while John Joyce Carter's Carter Oil Company was incorporated and subsidized by Standard Oil (New Jersey) in the 1890s. At one point in the film, the name "A. C. Maude" is stated as a property holder in Little Boston; the real life A. C. Maude was a prominent community member of Bakersfield, California during the late 1800s; Bakersfield is located in Kern County, where over 80% of California's oil wells are found. The name "Redlick" is also stated as a nearby Little Boston property holder; Joseph Redlick was also a prominent community member of Bakersfield during the early 1900s.

Also:

While on location in Marfa, Texas, No Country for Old Men (2007) was the neighboring film production. One day, director Paul Thomas Anderson and his crew tested the pyrotechnical effects of the oil derrick fire, causing an enormous billowing of smoke, intruding the shot that Joel Coen and Ethan Coen were shooting. This caused them to put off filming until the next day when the smoke dissipated from view. Both this film and No Country for Old Men (2007) would eventually become the leading contenders at the Academy Awards a year and a half later.

There's more here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0469494/trivia

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 20, 2009, 07:59:29 PM »

Saw Taken last night. I could feel my heart pounding through most of the movie. Actually POUNDING. I can't remember having that happen in a movie before. I think it is because, aside from the action, they really play on the emotions of a dad who is frantic to save his child.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

JWI

« Reply #488 on: March 26, 2009, 07:35:23 PM »

Watching Religulous now.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #489 on: March 26, 2009, 08:04:06 PM »

Watching Religulous now.

Good movie.

I just watched Reservoir Dogs, saw the Knowing a few days ago.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

inane

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 26, 2009, 11:04:04 PM »

Hellraiser.  I'm going to watch all of them, 1 - 5.

actually there's eight. But dont bother with Hellworld or Deader. You'll actually get stupider watching them.

Last flick I saw was Ghost World. The First part of the film was a bit annoying, but once Steve Buscemi got in there, it was alright.
Astrology is as vacuous as the space it worships.
-Perry DeAngelis

fatcat

« Reply #491 on: March 26, 2009, 11:31:40 PM »

2nded.

In fact, I think There will be blood is a much more character driven film than plot driven.

From the starting scenes of gold prospecting alone in the desert, to prospering in calafornian oilfields, the actual events of the film seem to me to be a vehicle for the development of the character.

I think it taps into a very important aspect of humanity, of the duality of greed and purpose in life.

At one point Daniel Plainview is made an offer by Standard Oil for his wells, to which his response is "What would I do with myself?"

The latter scenes of him isolated in his huge mansion seem to show the culmination of this. He has all the wealth and success he wanted, but without further purpose in life, he is unable to enjoy it.

Its a shame so many people have seen this as some simple morality tale about greed being destructive, even equating the character of Daniel Plainview to satan, when it is a much more complex exploration of human experience, and in some parts even a celebration of greed and competitive spirit.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 26, 2009, 11:49:47 PM »

Fortress~!
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 27, 2009, 07:40:03 AM »

Watched Nanotopia online...It is kind of a movie right?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3343569015207468959

It was so intriguing to me...how the fuck does one become a nanotechnologist? I mean besides all of that college bullshit?
I'll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche.

RottingNation

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 28, 2009, 05:05:41 PM »

Watchmen:  The IMAX Experience.

Also, I Love You, Man.  Which, by the way, was absolutely hilarious.
--------------------------------------------------------
"I am not a number, I am a free man."
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 129   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 32 queries.