Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 129   Go Down

Author Topic: Last movie you've watched  (Read 468264 times)

Russell Griswold

Re: Last movie you've watched
« Reply #225 on: January 04, 2009, 10:30:27 PM »

I'll watch it in Russian.  Since I do have an innate understanding of it and all.   :lol:

Da?  :lol:

Da!   :P

Mmmm da...  :P

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #226 on: January 04, 2009, 10:30:54 PM »

V
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

mark_mnc1

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 05, 2009, 03:46:12 AM »

Well I had "The Departed" in my dvd player but didnt quiet get through it all and broke my 5-6 month long streak and finally got some. At any rate, its an incredible movie.

Mark

RottingNation

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 05, 2009, 02:20:29 PM »

Seven Pounds
--------------------------------------------------------
"I am not a number, I am a free man."

Taors

« Reply #229 on: January 05, 2009, 03:31:13 PM »

Well I had "The Departed" in my dvd player but didnt quiet get through it all and broke my 5-6 month long streak and finally got some. At any rate, its an incredible movie.

Mark

So...wait...did you finish it or not?

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 05, 2009, 09:56:14 PM »

I don't know if it is a liberty movie but I just saw and loved it.

There is a who scene which is pro-freedom.  The excuse the people use to cage Horton is "for the children."  One character has a speech which encourages others to do bad things.  Below I quoted the main character in that speech.

“Are we going to let troublemakers like Horton poison the mind’s of our children?
When Horton tells the children about world’s beyond the jungle, he makes them question authority.
Which leads to defiance, which leads to anarchy.”
Kangaroo in Dr. Seuss’ Horton Hears a Who
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

Taors

« Reply #231 on: January 06, 2009, 12:59:54 AM »

There is a who scene which is pro-freedom.  The excuse the people use to cage Horton is "for the children."  One character has a speech which encourages others to do bad things.  Below I quoted the main character in that speech.

“Are we going to let troublemakers like Horton poison the mind’s of our children?
When Horton tells the children about world’s beyond the jungle, he makes them question authority.

I don't know if that's necessarily pro-freedom. Have you ever considered that maybe Dr. Seuss was using that character and speech as a good example instead of a bad one?

Dr. Seuss was a huge propagandist for WWII. I don't think he had any qualms about State power or authority.

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 06, 2009, 01:16:10 AM »

I don't know if that's necessarily pro-freedom. Have you ever considered that maybe Dr. Seuss was using that character and speech as a good example instead of a bad one?

Dr. Seuss was a huge propagandist for WWII. I don't think he had any qualms about State power or authority.

In this context the Kangaroo was clearly meant as the villain who was trying to stifle Horton's imagination and individuality. I don't think that is how Dr. Seuss originally wrote the story at all. I would bet you lunch that the intent of the screenwriters was a jab at the whole bush administration "you're either with us or against us" mentality. At the very least it is pro-individualist - which is always a good thing. This whole theme of this film was about doing the right thing no matter how unpopular. I enjoyed it.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

sterlingnickle

« Reply #233 on: January 06, 2009, 07:37:06 AM »

I think it was called the last warrior or final warrior or something, it had Nick Nolte as a sort of guru.  good flick...

Porcupine_in_MA

« Reply #234 on: January 06, 2009, 08:15:07 AM »

Valkyrie. It was really good. I was surprised at how good it was. I had my expectations VERY low.

Taors

« Reply #235 on: January 06, 2009, 01:46:52 PM »

I think it was called the last warrior or final warrior or something, it had Nick Nolte as a sort of guru.  good flick...

Peaceful Warrior. I've got it recorded on the thingy right now.

Valkyrie. It was really good. I was surprised at how good it was. I had my expectations VERY low.

Am I ever wrong about these things? Seriously.

"LONG LIVE SACRED MATTH-"*POW!*

AntonLee

« Reply #236 on: January 06, 2009, 02:08:19 PM »

I wasn't going to see it at all, I heard bad things about it. . . someone told me that he 'gasp' didn't use a german accent!

But taors said it was good mixed with my girl definitely wanting to see it made me go

and I'm so glad I did, I thought it was fantastic. . . the part where he goes "heil hitler!" made me chuckle. 

Taors

« Reply #237 on: January 06, 2009, 02:12:20 PM »

I wasn't going to see it at all, I heard bad things about it. . . someone told me that he 'gasp' didn't use a german accent!

That's a stupid fucking reason. In the beginning of the movie he does speak in German and uses a German accent, and then it OBVIOUSLY switches over to English so that English speaking people can understand it without having to read subtitles.

People will do anything to bash a Tom Cruise movie.

AntonLee

« Reply #238 on: January 06, 2009, 05:21:41 PM »

yes, there were people that were very pissed off. . . I think they did the transition perfectly, it reminded me of Hunt for Red October (I think) where the captain was speaking Russian and they zoomed in on his mouth as he started to speak English. . .

Valkyrie's way was way better

miamiballoonguy

• Twisted Balloons For All Occasions
  • Have Balloons, Will Travel!
    • View Profile
    • The Miami Balloon Guy's Home Page
« Reply #239 on: January 09, 2009, 12:04:07 AM »

Alien The Directors Cut...  To this day, this movie freaks me out.

My dad played the biggest prank a dad could do to a kid...  He took me at 8, my brother at 6, my sis at 4 and my two older stepsisters to see a midnight double feature.  Jaws and Alien.

"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 129   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.