Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 129   Go Down

Author Topic: Last movie you've watched  (Read 472208 times)

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
  • People cannot be coerced into freedom.
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
Re: Last movie you've watched
« Reply #1515 on: January 08, 2011, 06:00:52 AM »

User generated content + bitcoin = http://witcoin.com

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: January 08, 2011, 06:02:21 AM »

Donnie Darko

The critical acclaim of this movie baffles me.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: January 08, 2011, 06:39:01 PM »

Speaking of hype..

I've caught a cold (which reminds me of which thread to bump) and so I tried to watch Netflix a couple of nights now. Two movies, both rated 4 and a half stars on Netflix:

I'd heard so much good stuff about The Big Lebowski that I tried that one. Made it almost half way before realizing that I'd been waiting for the movie to really "begin".

Everyone seems to love Boondock Saints too. Another crap movie totally overrated. Made it about 45 minutes in and turned it off. Even Ron Jeremy couldn't save that one.

Turned off both of those and went back to a book both nights.

Try Inception.  Best I've seen in a while...or Moon if you haven't seen it yet.

I'll check them out. The problem is I'm looking for more than a story with pictures. Delicatessen delivers on that.. even the opening credits were done well. Valhalla Rising was maybe a little too bare on story but great visually.

Hellbilly: The movie "Boondock Saints" isn't for everyone. It's about vigilantism and the fight against corruption which is one of the reasons why our country blows ass chunks. Even though my opinion of the flick is the exact polar opposite from your own, I have a minute trace of respect for the timid and weak spirits who prefer Disney animation over destruction and action.

I think the story was good but overall it was like watching a Tarantino knock-off trying to direct a Pink Panther detective movie.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

BobRobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: January 11, 2011, 06:58:48 AM »

I'd heard so much good stuff about The Big Lebowski that I tried that one.

You didn't ask me. You lasted longer than I did. Blah.
"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."
-- Thomas Jefferson, April 26th 1820

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: January 11, 2011, 10:07:16 PM »

I'd heard so much good stuff about The Big Lebowski that I tried that one.

You didn't ask me. You lasted longer than I did. Blah.

Yeah, I had to go with the recommendation on this thread too, and...I'm not the type to quit watching a movie in the middle, so I didn't...but...really wouldn't recommend it.

Kick-Ass

Was very cool...super heros coming out of the woodwork...reminded me of the stories about the "real life super heros."

Sin City

Done in some sort of enhanced-black-and-white comic book style, it was overly sensational (on purpose, I believe) and missed the mark with me, but maybe comic book lovers liked it.

The Incredibles

Subtle libertarian themes and some clever animation effects made it pretty fun.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #1520 on: January 12, 2011, 12:17:06 PM »

Knight and Day

Didn't expect to enjoy it, but did.  It was so playfully ridiculous that it was entertaining.  Tom Cruise was actually decent, too.  The DTS HD sound was good, and the score was great.

I found much the same. Had to watch it on an airplane, and expected to hate it. Instead, I was entertained.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

BobRobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: January 15, 2011, 04:46:08 PM »

Knight and Day

Didn't expect to enjoy it, but did.  It was so playfully ridiculous that it was entertaining.  Tom Cruise was actually decent, too.  The DTS HD sound was good, and the score was great.

I found much the same. Had to watch it on an airplane, and expected to hate it. Instead, I was entertained.

Fair recommendation. I'll try it.

Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110588/

Not particularly good, even considering the cast. Very slow "slice of life" and biography kind of movie. Very missable.
"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."
-- Thomas Jefferson, April 26th 1820

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #1522 on: January 16, 2011, 02:16:36 PM »

True Grit: It was an excellent western. Lived up to my expectations and then some.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: January 16, 2011, 09:27:03 PM »

Season of the Witch

My expectations were pretty low, so I had fun.
Will be a great movie to watch on dvd with friends and alcohol, reliving the joy of heckling and replacement dialog, MST3K style.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Damien Valley

• View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: January 18, 2011, 03:31:02 AM »

Matt Dillon's film debut and also the movie that was the influence for Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit music video.  It's pretty obscure and dated but it's pretty damn good.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ereen__ld8g[/youtube]

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: January 18, 2011, 09:52:17 AM »

Training Day.  Not a new movie, but I have some sort of need to see movies with Denzel.  I'm not sure I liked this one though. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: January 18, 2011, 01:35:26 PM »

Matt Dillon's film debut and also the movie that was the influence for Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit music video.  It's pretty obscure and dated but it's pretty damn good.

Another odd favorite of mine.  I've been waiting for this to show up somewhere (cable, satellite, etc.) for a long time.

Training Day.  Not a new movie, but I have some sort of need to see movies with Denzel.  I'm not sure I liked this one though.  

I liked it.  It wasn't Die Hard or Blade Runner, but I thought it passed muster.

Speaking of which...

Die Hard

Had outstanding sound and video, and the script--particularly the one-liners--was every bit as good as I remembered.

Breakfast Club

Gets better and better as time goes by.  I've felt like most, if not all, of the characters throughout my life, in one way or another.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 01:44:06 PM by What's the frequency, Kenneth? »

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: January 18, 2011, 04:22:05 PM »

Matt Dillon's film debut and also the movie that was the influence for Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit music video.  It's pretty obscure and dated but it's pretty damn good.

I'll definitely watch this one. When I was a kid I loved the book "Tex", Dillon starred in the movie for that book. Not a bad movie either.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: January 18, 2011, 05:17:05 PM »

I'll definitely watch this one. When I was a kid I loved the book "Tex", Dillon starred in the movie for that book. Not a bad movie either.

Fair warning: The trailer makes it seem like an action movie.  It's not even close to that. 

It's a good "teen angst" film, though, and I don't think I've seen it in the 12 years I've lived in Colorado, where I'm told it was filmed.  "New Granada" could apparently be within a couple miles of where I live.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: January 18, 2011, 07:03:19 PM »

I love this scene - cracks me up!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A0-u85aAYg[/youtube]
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 129   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Last movie you've watched

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 31 queries.