Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Laser Graffiti
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Laser Graffiti  (Read 3154 times)

akaPoorRichard

• a more perfect union
    • View Profile
Laser Graffiti
« on: March 14, 2007, 10:10:23 PM »

Laser graffiti is harmless and fun. I think it would be a very effective tool to promote liberty. Just don't do it Boston or they may shut down the city. If anyone has info on how to obtain the hardware please post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFWcAkxzkv4

« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 10:16:26 PM by akaPoorRichard »
Keith in PA

markuzick

• Atheist Pro-Lifer
  • Dr. Montessori: Discipline through liberty
    • View Profile
Re: Laser Graffiti
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 10:47:54 PM »

Laser graffiti is harmless and fun. I think it would be a very effective tool to promote liberty. Just don't do it Boston or they may shut down the city. If anyone has info on how to obtain the hardware please post.

It's a wonderful technology. I wonder what it would cost to get permission from building owners to use it. Of course the state will attempt to heavily regulate it, or ban it outright.
As the state feeds off of the limitation and destruction of legitimate government, anarchy is its essence.

To claim "economic rent" from someone Else's labor when applied to land, which is something no one can own outright, is in itself, to claim landlord status over raw nature. It is an attempt at coercive monopoly power that is at the root of statism.

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 02:27:30 PM »

What is wrong with shutting down Boston?  Getting Boston shut down for petty and minor events would be perfect.  It just makes them look like absurd idiots. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

JSkywave

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 08:30:53 PM »

Good lasers and a scanner that can do graphics like that on there own are expensive. Try around $2000 just to get a measly 60mw and the scanner.. and they are illegal over 5mw in the US. (thats anything bigger than a keychain)  $2k just to get into the game. (you can trust me, I.. uhh.. know.. i mean knew a guy that owns.. err owned.. a 210mw.) you can get a 1-4w Skywriter for upwards of $20k.

If you want to actually be able to do the image itself with the laser.. well, bad idea.. because if your using a 1w laser to do this your going to have the swat team on your ass in no time. and they will probably charge you with assault as a laser that strong can cause people to go blind. (but it depends on a lot of stuff.. still the cops wont care about beam dispersement over distance.. and nm.. they just wont ok.) but they may not be able to tell where you are as the beam should be invisible so long as you are looking to the side of it.

This is not a laser making the image its a projector (5000 lumens, and that is rather weak.). It should be called light graffiti. They are using a laser to draw the image then a digital video camera sends the image to the projector of what was illuminated by the laser.. that's how I think they are doing it.

I don't know.. its a good idea, I'll get my lab team on this and see if I can't cook something up that's cheep and effective. There should be a way to do this without a laser so they can't send you to jail.

Anyone know if there are laws regarding projected messages?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 04:36:39 PM by JSkywave »

tc2007

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 10:53:14 PM »

What is wrong with shutting down Boston?  Getting Boston shut down for petty and minor events would be perfect.  It just makes them look like absurd idiots. 

Thats right the more absurd these governments look the more people will question what the hell is going on!

akaPoorRichard

• a more perfect union
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 09:16:58 PM »

Thanks for the detailed reply, JSkywave. Someone on the forum pointed me to http://www.amazing1.com. It's a NH based company that sells lasers up to 100mw. I don't think I'll be shelling out the money for one any time soon, but it's interesting technology.
Keith in PA

ladyattis

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 11:48:29 PM »

The funny thing is that they've shown certain spectrum of lasers are harmless to the retina, and I believe a company in Japan is making them for a new kind of UI, which they hope will replace our current portable devices and possibly our desktop. You'll see it in a few years and you'll shit bricks.

-- Brede

JSkywave

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 10:44:34 PM »

They sell the kits to build it yourself.. and they are over priced.. China has cheep lasers.

as I noted over here.. the laws are on visible lasers.. but some of the most dangerous are non-visible.

http://bbs.freetalklive.com/index.php?topic=13138.0,

""Laser" means any device designed or used to amplify electromagnetic radiation by simulated [stimulated] emission which is visible to the human eye."

A projector would qualify maybe.. hell a light bulb is a device used to amplify electronic radiation that is visable.. not sure if a candle qualifies but it might.. but its not a CO2 cutting laser. What a terrible law.. The government is more concerned about people with red laser pointers than ray guns.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 10:46:53 PM by JSkywave »
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Laser Graffiti

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 32 queries.