Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Larry David urinates on Jesus, angers religious community.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Larry David urinates on Jesus, angers religious community.  (Read 2027 times)

rookie

• THIS DESIGN IS A CLASSIC!
    • View Profile
Larry David urinates on Jesus, angers religious community.
« on: October 31, 2009, 01:07:07 AM »

Read the Comments...  I thought it was a rather good show.  Curb Your Enthusiasm is great television.

Larry David Blasted for 'Curb' Episode Where He Urinates on Jesus Painting

Comedian Larry David is under attack from critics who say he pushed the mocking of religion and Christian belief in miracles over the edge in the latest episode of his HBO series "Curb Your Enthusiasm," which the cable network defended as "playful."

On the show's most recent installment, which aired Sunday, David urinates on a painting of Jesus Christ, causing a woman to believe the painting depicts Jesus crying.

Deal Hudson, author and publisher of InsideCatholic.com, said he doesn't find any humor in the episode.

"I don't think it's funny," Hudson told Foxnews.com. "Why is it that people are allowed to publicly show that level of disrespect for Christian symbols? If the same thing was done to a symbol of any other religions -- Jewish or Muslim -- there'd be a huge outcry. It's simply not a level playing field."

Hudson said an apology from the show's producers and writing team should be issued.

"Somebody should [apologize]," Hudson said. "When is it going to stop? When is common sense going to dictate that people realize this willingness of artists to do to Christianity what they would never do to Judaism or Islam?"
Do yourself a favor.

BonerJoe

Re: Larry David urinates on Jesus, angers religious community.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 01:14:15 AM »

LOL, that was a great fucking episode.

rookie

• THIS DESIGN IS A CLASSIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 12:10:02 PM »

The first thing I thought at the beginning of that scene was, "What kind of fucking creep hangs a picture of Jesus in their bathroom!?  However the best part was with Richard Lewis and the autographed Lou Gehrig baseball bat.

Quote from: caral from california
I agree - we need to all formally issue the challenge. If Larry David is not purposefully being prejudiced against Christianity, then he should be willing to repeat the act with any other religious head. Let's all write with the formal challenge - to prove you are not bigoted against Christians, and that this is just an attempt to be "funny," you need to re-tape this episode in an Islamic household, substituting a iconic Islamic symbol for the prophet Mohammed or the Quaran.

If this woman had ever bothered to watch the show before, she'd realize that Larry David's character is in fact prejudiced against Christians.
Do yourself a favor.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 01:39:04 PM »

I dislike Larry David and his show, but it has nothing to do with pissing on alleged messiahs. 

Still, demanding that he piss on Jewish and Muslim symbols to compensate is kind of like demanding that Seinfeld have a spaghetti nazi and a pizza nazi if they're going to have a soup nazi.  If they want to determine the plot of Curb Your Enthusiasm, they should get the people currently doing it fired and get their jobs.  I better they're not funnier, though....at least not intentionally.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 08:50:00 PM »

I love the show; just love it. It's the best thing on TV. It's obvious who the genius was behind the old Seinfeld show. And, David has done such things to other religions before.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 08:52:37 PM »

I love the show; just love it. It's the best thing on TV. It's obvious who the genius was behind the old Seinfeld show.

Oh, that would explain it.  I hated Seinfeld, too.

BonerJoe

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 08:55:23 PM »

I love the show; just love it. It's the best thing on TV. It's obvious who the genius was behind the old Seinfeld show.

Oh, that would explain it.  I hated Seinfeld, too.

sadface

blackie

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 08:59:05 PM »

It's how I learn about jews.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 09:35:17 PM »

Just watched the episode, I thought it was hilarious.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Bill Brasky

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 11:41:19 PM »

Larry David is a comedic genius.  Curb is funny as hell, but I never totally agreed with David's placement of himself in the show.  He's not that great of a performer, I find him wooden and strained in the role - although his awkwardness lends something genuine that a more talented actor probably could not bring. 

It reminds me of Bob Dylan.  The man is unparalleled in his writing, but I'd rather see someone else perform his work. 

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 12:15:24 AM »

Any culture that lets people urinate on their "social contract" won't be around 300 years from now.

Christianity - gone.

U.S. constitution - gone.

الله أكبر

Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Larry David urinates on Jesus, angers religious community.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 31 queries.